The Urban Meyer of now is a better coach

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Yawn. You are welcome to hate him, but he isn't quitting Ohio State. It's his dream job and always has been. He's far happier there than he ever was here.
Wow, 30 seconds to reply. CUM worship in new record time LOL.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Wow, 30 seconds to reply. CUM worship in new record time LOL.
Let's just say after 7 years I've grown to appreciate his coaching and program building more than ever. I doubt OSU is unhappy with him.

We sure as hell aren't in any position to laugh at anyone, as we are one of the worst teams in all of college football.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Let's just say after 7 years I've grown to appreciate his coaching and program building more than ever. I doubt OSU is unhappy with him.

We sure as hell aren't in any position to laugh at anyone, as we are one of the worst teams in all of college football.
He's much better than we've had since he left (his last year wasn't technically better) but don't you think it's possible he's good for a few years then something changes? I'm guessing if they don't make a miraculous comeback today and they are officially eliminated from the playoff he's going to struggle to coach and motivate like he would otherwise. Who knows. It will be interesting to see how he deals with it.

And you are correct if you sense I'm not rooting for him to buck up and finish strong:worried:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014

To a team that is McelTaint's Biotch LOL.

Ox you sure everything is just fine in Columbus? All I can seem to remember is a completely embarrassing shutout loss in the playoffs, getting smoked at home by OK, and now losing by 4 TD to an unranked pedestrian Iowa team.

I would definitely think it's side dishes of Ativan, Omeprazole and Zoloft with his post-game pizza tonight.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I honestly don't care if things are "fine" in Columbus or not. I don't like OSU and never have. I would just be surprised if he left OSU. I think it's the job he's always wanted.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
There should be an asterisk on those titles explaining the state of the program that he walked away from.
Really? Now the titles didn't count?

Never seen fans so desperate to disavow their own National Titles. It's bizarre.

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016

Never seen fans so desperate to disavow their own National Titles. It's bizarre.
Didn’t say that. This is an overall observation about what Meyer did for (and to) the program. Let’s say I’m conflicted about his legacy.

Last edited:

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Didn’t say that. This is an overall observation about what Meyer did for (and to) the program. Let’s say I’m conflicted about his legacy.
Conflicted about Meyer's legacy in what way? Urban provided us with some of the best years in UF's history and I certainly wouldn't trade them for much. Do I enjoy watching Urban choke on the national stage? Sure, but he is/was a hell of a coach and while he didn't leave UF in the best state, if Foley hired a good coach post Urban, they wouldn't have had trouble rebuilding the program. But Foley went shopping at the Dollar Store for coaches and the rest is history.

If anything, you should be questioning Foley's legacy.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Because we suck and he's still doing good. That's why.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Tebow/Meyer years were some of the BEST ever for us with the 2 SEC and 2 NC Titles. It doesn't matter what happened after the fact. Its like discrediting Spurrier after the 96 title when we didn't have very good teams from 97-99. I swear some of you "Gator fans" are NEVER happy and always want to negate all that we have done. Funny thing how is that we NEVER hear from those supposed "Gator fans" when we win but when we lose they are EVERYWHERE letting us know that we lost.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not aware of any NCAA infractions during his six seasons, so I'm not sure how the Meyer legacy can be considered tarnished by anything other than his own personal struggle with stress.

Not that anyone on this board has ever wrestled with that subject.

My take is Meyer was hired to put the pedal to the metal, and no one -- Spurrier included -- ever did it better over such a short period of time.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I know this won’t be popular, but I’m glad he’s gone. The program was out of control, the stars could do anything they wanted, and the only thing that kept us from looking like the very worst of the FSU or Miami teams of old was the face of Tim Tebow, who was so genuinely good that he outshined, for a while at least, the people running wild with violence, guns, and drugs.
I’d take him back in an instant.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Love ya ... Newton, Meyer, Grier
Loathe ya ... Newton, Meyer, Grier

:dunno:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.