The Urban Meyer of now is a better coach

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Seriously, I want everyone and anyone who openly questioned Meyer's coaching methods at any point between 2005 and 2008 to come forward right now with proof that you were that principled that you couldn't stand the thought of what the man was doing to the program.

And I expect no one to come forward. This is all so revisionist now that he's gone.
People were speaking about it by 2008. They were shouted down.

I came forward in 2009 at the GA game and was roundly ridiculed. Given the dreaded 'face in urinal' pic. Continued for the rest of the year.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This was Meyer’s fault? Why wasn’t he arrested for the crime? I guess Belichick is to blame for the actual murder AH was convicted of? Give me a fuggin break.
The rumor is Meyer knew. Is that true is unknown?

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was wondering this myself. Unless someone is saying that Meyer knew about these violent crimes and did nothing, then I don't know what the point is.
Yes. That is what is/was being said.

Do you not remember trolls stating that here (old board)? Did you not have friends (other schools) tell you this?

I did (there were 2 that I can remember) and I dismissed them. Honest reflection is embarrassing sometimes. Whether these people really knew or just speculating is unknown.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Seriously, I want everyone and anyone who openly questioned Meyer's coaching methods at any point between 2005 and 2008 to come forward right now with proof that you were that principled that you couldn't stand the thought of what the man was doing to the program.

And I expect no one to come forward. This is all so revisionist now that he's gone.
I never cared for Meyer (didn't hate him, but didn't love him), but it was hard to argue with the results. There were certainly people concerned with the character of some of the players he was bringing into the program but nobody suspected anything on the Hernandez level.

I've long believed Tebow was an extra bonus for Meyer; he was a great veneer for the program to hide some of its warts.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Well there was an investigation and they knew it was reportedly a group of FB players who were in the car that fired shots, so obviously they would have brought it to the attention of the head coach. And the "big Hawaiian guy with lots of tattoos" made it pretty obvious who that was referring to.

If it is all true and UM knew what degree of thug some of these guys were, that would probably add a lot of stress to a coach. That, and getting his dick kicked in by Saban was apparently more than he could "stomach".

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

The former Florida Gators coach, who now runs the The Ohio State program, initially refused to talk about the former Gator who is accused of murder. On Saturday, Meyer sent multiple texts to the Columbus Dispatch regarding Hernandez. But Meyer didn’t address an unsolved 2007 Gainesville shooting.

Since then, Meyer reportedly has said more. According to Pat Dooley of GatorSports.com, Meyer says he was told at the time that Florida players were questioned as witnesses.

“I didn’t think about it again until a couple of days ago,” Meyer said.

According to ABC News, it was more than that. An eyewitness to the shooting initially said former Florida safety Reggie Nelson was present, and the eyewitness gave a general description of the shooter that seems to match Hernandez. More importantly, ABC News uncovered information indicating that, when police tried to question Hernandez, the then-17-year-old invoked his right to counsel.

That would be a fairly important fact to share with the head coach. Meyer’s comments imply that it wasn’t.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...layers-were-questioned-as-witnesses-shooting/

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well there was an investigation and they knew it was reportedly a group of FB players who were in the car that fired shots, so obviously they would have brought it to the attention of the head coach. And the "big Hawaiian guy with lots of tattoos" made it pretty obvious who that was referring to.

If it is all true and UM knew what degree of thug some of these guys were, that would probably add a lot of stress to a coach. That, and getting his dick kicked in by Saban was apparently more than he could "stomach".
My GA friends used this and others to beat me. My brother used to send me rumors. I blew them off at the time.

I don't think Meyer knew all, but pretty sure he knew some.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The former Florida Gators coach, who now runs the The Ohio State program, initially refused to talk about the former Gator who is accused of murder. On Saturday, Meyer sent multiple texts to the Columbus Dispatch regarding Hernandez. But Meyer didn’t address an unsolved 2007 Gainesville shooting.

Since then, Meyer reportedly has said more. According to Pat Dooley of GatorSports.com, Meyer says he was told at the time that Florida players were questioned as witnesses.

“I didn’t think about it again until a couple of days ago,” Meyer said.

According to ABC News, it was more than that. An eyewitness to the shooting initially said former Florida safety Reggie Nelson was present, and the eyewitness gave a general description of the shooter that seems to match Hernandez. More importantly, ABC News uncovered information indicating that, when police tried to question Hernandez, the then-17-year-old invoked his right to counsel.

That would be a fairly important fact to share with the head coach. Meyer’s comments imply that it wasn’t.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...layers-were-questioned-as-witnesses-shooting/
Are you thinking he should have known if he wanted to know?

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Are you thinking he should have known if he wanted to know?

I've said this before, for a guy who is anal retentive about details and said Hernandez was like a son to him, went with him and his family to church and babysat his son, he sure as $h!t went all Sargent Shultz when Hernandez was implicated by a witness in a shooting.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I've said this before, for a guy who is anal retentive about details and said Hernandez was like a son to him, went with him and his family to church and babysat his son, he sure as $h!t went all Sargent Shultz when Hernandez was implicated by a witness in a shooting.
Forgot about those facts.

That's some pretty hot smoke there, no?

My position has been he should have known. I may have to change to he very likely knew.

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Forgot about those facts.

That's some pretty hot smoke there, no?
One would think. But of course the intrepid reporters from the Sun apparently thought nothing was fishy enough to ever even consider doing a little investigative reporting like....oh, I don't know.....seek out the witness and interview him?

What happened was that the witness who gave quite a detailed description of the events to the cops recanted and refused to talk to them any more. Strange, no? And Hernandez lawyered up. Yet Meyer never even gave it a thought? Puuuuuuhleeeeeze.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
One would think. But of course the intrepid reporters from the Sun apparently thought nothing was fishy enough to ever even consider doing a little investigative reporting like....oh, I don't know.....seek out the witness and interview him?

What happened was that the witness who gave quite a detailed description of the events to the cops recanted and refused to talk to them any more. Strange, no? And Hernandez lawyered up. Yet Meyer never even gave it a thought? Puuuuuuhleeeeeze.
When times are good we seem to have cotton in our ears and rings in our noses.

divits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
When times are good we seem to have cotton in our ears and rings in our noses.
Well to be fair, at the time the whole thing was swept under the rug. "Mistaken identity, yada, yada, yada..." No one in Gainesville really did much digging and the cops shrugged their shoulders because there wasn't enough evidence to do much legally. They no longer had a witness and they couldn't interview Hernandez. It was only after Hernandez was caught killing a few other folks that the Gainesville shooting was looked at again.

But in the end, some guys were shot in a car very similarly to the MO of a one Aaron Hernandez, otherwise know as the “‘Hawaiian’ or ‘Hispanic’ male who had a large muscular build, stood about 6-foot-3 or 6-foot-4, weighed about 230 or 240 pounds and had a lot of tattoos.”

As of today no one has ever been charged for the shooting.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We found him.

3f837b59cbaf450ed94e8afeb29c2536--polynesian-tattoos-tribal-tattoos.jpg

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Finally a voice reason. Hernandez was not our fault. He made his choices. Had our LEOs or court system done its job maybe he is run off from here. Then what? Why is anyone surprised when high end athletes , prob using some roids, go all crazy and violent? It is a violent game. It is like military coming home. Now we all behave nicely and just turn off our hit or be hit. Kill or be killed way of life. This why I thought that pot smoking corner we had who was run off had my sympathy. If I went out and knockd sh#t outa people at his speed and violence I might need a toke or two after practice to bring it down...........

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Finally a voice reason. Hernandez was not our fault. He made his choices. Had our LEOs or court system done its job maybe he is run off from here. Then what? Why is anyone surprised when high end athletes , prob using some roids, go all crazy and violent? It is a violent game. It is like military coming home. Now we all behave nicely and just turn off our hit or be hit. Kill or be killed way of life. This why I thought that pot smoking corner we had who was run off had my sympathy. If I went out and knockd sh#t outa people at his speed and violence I might need a toke or two after practice to bring it down...........
Damn I must have been doing it wrong. I never needed a hit to bring it down after practice or a game. Just a shower.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Damn I must have been doing it wrong. I never needed a hit to bring it down after practice or a game. Just a shower.
So you actually played at that high of a level with 80k plus people watching your every move and all experts when that WR slips by you for a score............

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So you actually played at that high of a level with 80k plus people watching your every move and all experts when that WR slips by you for a score............
What does 80k of people watching have anything to do with it. If that's the case need to outlaw spectators.

Actually I had a mother and father that would have put all the uf fans to shame.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
80 thousand people watching you on an island trying to keep the opposing WR in check but stils having come up and lay a lick on a 220lb rb if he breaks free. Not only 80k watching live but millions watching on TV. And your position coach and team mates depending on you to not fck up...............nah, no pressure at all Augie. Now explain how your parents put all uf fans to shame.........not sure what that means..........they are great fans...........they smoke pot............they run a small restaurant in Davie Fla and sent you to private schools where you learned to debate various things like football and politics and criminal athletes.............

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
And Hernandez lawyered up. Yet Meyer never even gave it a thought? Puuuuuuhleeeeeze.
In complete and total fairness, a 17 year old should lawyer up while speaking to police 100% of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator