There's no new coach buzz here

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I think part of the lack of buzz is knowing we won’t be contending for anything next year. We have to rebuild the entire program from the ground up. This isn’t 2005 - there’s an empty cupboard.
I disagree. We can win the east next year. Georgia loses their two RBs and their QB I wouldn't say was average, yet.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It’s possible we could win the East but winning the East isn’t actually winning anything.

Just knowing we could have watchable football again and a disciplined team is great news to me.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
I’m really curious. Not one response to my question in the “I’m Done” thread. Who exactly is done?

Who is not attending games in person anymore?
Who will refuse to watch on TV?
Who will no longer follow the team?
Who will no longer buy Gator gear? Wear Gator gear?
Who will no longer support the team...financially or otherwise?

Obviously cant get a gauge on the entire fan base but this board is full of rabid Gator fans. It would be interesting to see who is checking out. Each of our expectations for the future may be different but just curious if anyone is actually walking away.

I’m predicting big turnout at Gator Club meetings, O&B game and 90k at the home opener. My personal crowd has all had almost an identical reaction to recent developments. Most of my friends wanted Frost...a few wanted Kelly(I cant stand the guy) .nobody had Mullen at the top of their list. We were really excited about the possibilities with Frost. But nearly all of us have moved to at least feeling like this might work out .....to some with genuine excitement for the future. Myself, an eternal optimist, is really warming up to the idea that we may be better off with a guy who wants to be here. And I have slowly began to understand most top tier coaches don’t want any part of us. I’m kinda glad we got Dan rather than going through the Tennessee humiliation of having coach after coach publicly spurn our offer.

Ditto, sir.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
I think it's because we all know who Dan Mullen is, and what his strengths and weaknesses are. We know what we're getting: Mullen's version of the Meyer spread option, paired with Grantham's boom-or-bust blitz heavy 3-4 defense.

The only real question is recruiting. We know Mullen sucks at recruiting, but Grantham and Gonzales don't. So, we'll see if his staff balances out his weaknesses enough.

Remind me, how do we know he sucks at recruiting?

veroG8tr

Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2014
Hard to get any type of buzz after the train wreck of a season.

The coaching search emotionally wore me out. I have had to get to know my family again after isolating and checking and GCMB every 30 seconds.

I’ve warmed up to the hire this point. I guess am just watching what Mullen does, not what he said.

I change my avatar to show a bit more enthusiasm. I’m trying.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Internet forum Fan Base
Yeah much more knowledgeable here. Ive known plenty of boosters/regular game attenders wjo didnt know a thing about football. They were always surprised when Zook, Muschump amd Butters failed bc they didnt even know there was anything wrong w the team.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
I am exciited for the hire and the prospect of seeing some real offense. Mullen was not on my short list but he is capable. I also think its going to be fun seeing the legends come around more and I am hopeful they are more involved to help bring some swagger back (Tebow), some snarkiness (SOS’), and hope (Wuerffel), as well as others. Mullen is more of a true Gator than the last two douchebags.

Go Gators!

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It feels like you just got something for Christmas that you already knew you were going to get.

The majority are probably somewhere between this...
images

...and this, concerning the hire.
upload_2017-12-1_9-37-15.jpeg

Last edited:

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’m as exited for this next period of Gator Football as I would be knowing I was getting a Christmas full of socks and underwear.
We really needed new underwear after all the ones we took a shat in over the last few coaches!

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I see buzz coming from the recruits. If that early buzz keeps going until at least the early signing day, the buzz will spread. If the ‘18 croots are good enough, maybe that helps the program gain some serious mo.

Lots of ifs, but it’s better than complete silence from the croots.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
I disagree. We can win the east next year. Georgia loses their two RBs and their QB I wouldn't say was average, yet.

UGA got 4 star Swift in their class last year at RB and have two 5 star RBs in the 2018 class.

Fromme, Eason, and, if they get him, Fields will be a ridiculous QB stable.

Don't kid yourself. Those cats are loaded. We have work to do.

But FSU, UT, and Ole Miss are opening doors of opportunity with their drama so we'll see what Dan does with the recruiting this year.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
There is a ton of buzz and when the signing period open watch out....in the meantime people are amazed and fascinated with Tennessee and FSU burning their programs to the ground

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Winning anything next year is crazy talk with our situation. However, knowing we will have a chance to win is a major improvement.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think there has been decent buzz... the real thing is between what has been going on at Tennessee and FSU the news of Dan Mullen returning to Florida as HC can't compete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator