trashing-the-room-o.gif

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm too numb to care right now!

It's no fun to be a Gator anymore..

Yes losing sucks but it's the lack of respect that really galls me. We have become the focus of well deserved jokes!

Jokes and pity..... FML!

Oh, go gators!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm too numb to care right now!

It's no fun to be a Gator anymore..

Yes losing sucks but it's the lack of respect that really galls me. We have become the focus of well deserved jokes!

Jokes and pity..... FML!

Oh, go gators!
Don't understand this. We're getting a new coach ahead of schedule. It's time to start caring again, and it's time to start having fun again.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Don't understand this. We're getting a new coach ahead of schedule. It's time to start caring again, and it's time to start having fun again.
I think we are all a little apprehensive about being joyous at the moment. We got a new coach 3 years ago after what we thought was a "it can't get any worse than this" situation. Guess what, it got worse. So even though I am glad Mac is gone (or so it seems) I am cautiously optimistic that we will make a great hire instead of waiting for 50% off sale at the coach store.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think we are all a little apprehensive about being joyous at the moment. We got a new coach 3 years ago after what we thought was a "it can't get any worse than this" situation. Guess what, it got worse. So even though I am glad Mac is gone (or so it seems) I am cautiously optimistic that we will make a great hire instead of waiting for 50% off sale at the coach store.
Can it get even worse with someone new? It's hard to see it, but who knows? Hopefully Foley won't be allowed anywhere near the process.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Can it get even worse with someone new? It's hard to see it, but who knows? Hopefully Foley won't be allowed anywhere near the process.
We have to hire someone who can fix this offense and clean up the sloppy product on the field (penalties, crappy ST and poor route running etc.) For me, it obviously has to be, not only a offensive guy, but also a technician that understands how important the details are. And for gods sake, a guy that can take podium and not look like an idiot.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

Technically I guess it could get worse, but you know what? I am going to go out on a limb and say there is no way it can get any worse. I could spew off all the blowout losses, the OT game with FAU, all the bonehead mismanagement of games on a weekly basis, etc. But lets just look at the most recent scenario. 2 full weeks to try and improve a small bit, some sign that the ship is trying to turn. Well we actually went full throttle in reverse. Double digit penalties, half of which were just mental, attention to detail penalties. Not one offensive play that was a new wrinkle. 2 weeks and the only thing that was accomplished was the team got worse. How does that happen? We know how it happens. How in the world did UF become a proving ground for guys that can't coach their way out of a paper bag? B/C that is what it seems like we have been for the better part of 15 years.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
By the way, I also heard that Mac had discussed his employment situation with the team, so they all knew it was likely his last game. They sure did get inspired to play hard for him!

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
By the way, I also heard that Mac had discussed his employment situation with the team, so they all knew it was likely his last game. They sure did get inspired to play hard for him!

Well you know what. In that case it is better for us, the fans, in the long run, that the team either laid down or looked like steaming dog doodie. B/C if they had rallied the troops and done something surprising, those jock straps over at the admin might have gotten cold feet and actually thought Butters could coach. If it took them getting hit over the head with a baseball bat then so be it.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
My point is that despite all the talk from the players the last two years that they "love playing for him", it certainly didn't show on the field. Mac couldn't motivate a hound dog to sniff.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
We can't go much lower so it really can't get that much worse but it sure as hell can get a whole lot better. Even if we were to have the whole team suspended and get the death penalty it really wouldn't feel much different than this. Being numb from the program is where we are and I am excited to actually care again!

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016

He said so himself in his post game presser. He talked to the team about the buyout "rumor."

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
My point is that despite all the talk from the players the last two years that they "love playing for him", it certainly didn't show on the field. Mac couldn't motivate a hound dog to sniff.

If I may take the other side, i would say that it "did" show on the field that they loved playing for him. Who would not love playing for a guy who lets you do it your way? As a WR you can just round off a pass route and not have to stick your foot in the ground and cut sharply? Who would not like to field punts inside the 5 yd line on a consistent basis and not get chastised for it? Who would not love playing for a guy who allows defensive backs to consistently go for the WOW hit and miss a tackle on a consistent basis? Who would not love playing for a guy who is not boring you with fundamental drills on a daily basis and instead letting you have 60-90 minutes of recess on the playground everyday. I say they loved playing for the guy b/c it was never brought up that success and improvement can actually be fun!!!!!!

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I just read this too, and that is a straight up ass move. Really who lays that on their players or their metaphorical kids before a big moment? Ya, just concentrate on the game.....

Ox is right about one thing, a new coach brings hope. That alone makes it better.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, Ive yet to hear much out of the players except no comment. Or the comments that I feel like the dedense did enough to win.

Certainly they dont seem pissed the way the D guys-- at least-- were when Chimp was being fired.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Yeah, Ive yet to hear much out of the players except no comment. Or the comments that I feel like the dedense did enough to win.

Certainly they dont seem pissed the way the D guys-- at least-- were when Chimp was being fired.
Somewhere, Bryan Cox Jr. has a smile on his face.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Really makes you feel even worse for guys like Bullard, Jarrod Davis and Keanu Neal, knowing they left it all out there for this azzhole, after he kept convincing them that the offense would get better and yet....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator