Tiger fan coming to The Swamp

Tigerfan23

Jul 28, 2016
Hey guys,
I'm an lsu fan so take it easy on me please
I'm coming down to the swamp for the game this year and just wondering suggestions on tailgating, where to set up, anything I definitely need to see while there? Night life?
It's a group of four and we are 25.

Any other advice?
Thanks guys
Go gators

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
There will be thousands of your peers there, most staggering drunk. Park just north of the stadium. Lots of places you can pay for. you will not be lonely for your fellow fans. What amazes me is how they all drink to excess. Young old men and women. Go to Cedar Key (40 miles west of town}for a seafood and a nice view. Night life? Go to main and Univ. Lots of drunks there.

Tigerfan23

Jul 28, 2016
There will be thousands of your peers there, most staggering drunk. Park just north of the stadium. Lots of places you can pay for. you will not be lonely for your fellow fans. What amazes me is how they all drink to excess. Young old men and women. Go to Cedar Key (40 miles west of town}for a seafood and a nice view. Night life? Go to main and Univ. Lots of drunks there.

Haha thanks I'll try not to drink too much

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Hey guys,
I'm an lsu fan so take it easy on me please
I'm coming down to the swamp for the game this year and just wondering suggestions on tailgating, where to set up, anything I definitely need to see while there? Night life?
It's a group of four and we are 25.

Any other advice?
Thanks guys
Go gators

As we get closer you will be required to post a prediction on the outcome...

In the meantime... how are you guys going to look this year? (especially at QB?)

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Advice: Get an avatar or you'll be given one that you'll want to change PDQ.

Also, I've been away from Gainesville too long to be giving advice of where to go drinking at. Salty Dog would be my answer - right on University Ave near the stadium - could be a tough place for some LSU fans to get into though, depending on who wins.

Tigerfan23

Jul 28, 2016
As we get closer you will be required to post a prediction on the outcome...

In the meantime... how are you guys going to look this year? (especially at QB?)

I'll do that

Defense should be great as long as we can get adjusted to Arandas (new defensive coordinator) new scheme. We return 9 starters on defense

Offense is anyone's guess. Obviously the run game will be great again. And we have a future first round pick in dupre at wide reciever and tons of talent there, it all hinges on Harris. Who knows

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well done "Tigerfan23", you make a good ambassador for LSU and SEC football fanship.
I hope you almost enjoy the game.

As for you guys being "microwave" tourists :
Take Hgway 24 west to Cedar Key. That would be for the seafood and scenic ocean views. (About 1 hour's drive.)

St. Augustine = for good food, world-class beer, people watching, and dazzling interesting spots : 1-1/2 hrs' drive.
See Ripley's Museum $16 ... History Museum $7. Best is just strolling through the shops, buying local foods, then
sit on a bench and watch people walk by. Along this walk is a store serving beers from all over the world. There's
live music but probably just folk music. Good Seafood Restaurants.

Jacksonville is 1-1/2 hours drive and that offers all the giant-city to-do's: hot girls at hot spots late night,
one-night turn-around Ocean dinner cruise with gambling ... etc.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
What's your position on the Hat? We're you one of the ones pushing for his ouster or defending him?

Tigerfan23

Jul 28, 2016
What's your position on the Hat? We're you one of the ones pushing for his ouster or defending him?

I think he's a good coach and a great man.
I like him and wanted him to stay. However I can see the other side of the story. He wins a hell of a lot of games but it's amazing to think how many more could have been won with a competent quarterback*

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
LSU fans and Gator fans seem to usually get along pretty well despite the importance of the game in recent years. I just hope the mad hatter doesn't pull off one of those crazy wins against us again he is known for. We seem to be snake bitten lately when it comes to crazy endings against LSU.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I think he's a good coach and a great man.
I like him and wanted him to stay. However I can see the other side of the story. He wins a hell of a lot of games but it's amazing to think how many more could have been won with a competent quarterback*
smart boy. No Satan and The mad hatter is HOF soon

Tigerfan23

Jul 28, 2016
I hope Brad Wing was run over by a kangaroo.
not very many kangaroos in New York
LSU fans and Gator fans seem to usually get along pretty well despite the importance of the game in recent years. I just hope the mad hatter doesn't pull off one of those crazy wins against us again he is known for. We seem to be snake bitten lately when it comes to crazy endings against LSU.

hopefully yall prepare for a fake field goal

im staying at the baymont inn and suites, how will getting a cab from there to campus be?

also should i wait until closer to gameday to buy tickets from stubhub? or is there a better way to go about getting tickets.

thanks guys

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Park just North of the stadium. Get there early and pay the $20. Walk over to the indoor/outdoor bar named the Swamp to soak in the atmosphere. If you have time walk inside campus to Century Tower before heading to the stadium.

Tigerfan23

Jul 28, 2016
I hate fücking corn dogs.

I dont think any actually enjoys to **** the corn dog
some Louisianians love to eat said corn dog, but I've never witnessed someone **** one.
I actually dont like corn dogs that much though, and I've never in my life smelled a corn dog at LSU

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Bring plenty of corndogs unless you want to go hungry, we don't eat them.

Don't worry about pounding drinks before going in, you can just carry them and your firearms right in with you. Us fans and the cops love that.

Come up with some witty insults once you get to your seats, then holler them out loudly, we love rival banter.

If you want to leave at halftime to pound a few at a bar across the street, just go for it. Security will let you right back in.

Finally, if you get too wasted and don't feel comfortable you'd pass a breathalyzer if pulled over after the game, just commandeer one of the numerous bikes or mopeds all over campus. We have a ride sharing program open for everyone here.

Have a great time!!!

Tigerfan23

Jul 28, 2016
Bring plenty of corndogs unless you want to go hungry, we don't eat them.

Don't worry about pounding drinks before going in, you can just carry them and your firearms right in with you. Us fans and the cops love that.

Come up with some witty insults once you get to your seats, then holler them out loudly, we love rival banter.

If you want to leave at halftime to pound a few at a bar across the street, just go for it. Security will let you right back in.

Finally, if you get too wasted and don't feel comfortable you'd pass a breathalyzer if pulled over after the game, just commandeer one of the numerous bikes or mopeds all over campus. We have a ride sharing program open for everyone here.

Have a great time!!!
and sing it sucks to be a florida gator?

thanks for the tips pal

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator