Tiger fan coming to The Swamp

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
haha i am, you hit the LSU stereotypes right on the head
especially leaving at halftime
I thought leaving at halftime was a UGAy thing?

Don't listen to these guys, there's free parking all over campus.

The "No parking; Tow Away Zone" signs only apply during the week when classes are in session.

The open container thing they keep telling you is bs, you can only bring your alcohol into the stadium in a small cooler.

For night games, the best seats are in the Northeast corner of BHG.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for the advice everyone

I just googled Florida Gators forum and found this spot

I saw four tickets on stubhub for like 130 a pop, might just go with those
South end zone will be in the shade - if it's a day game. Likely the only shade in the place.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
43 posts and no one has told this guy to go to Burrito Brothers. It's like I don't even recognize this place anymore!

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Perfect! Cue my all time favorite CFB story:

My then 9 year-old son and I were attending one of his first UF games, versus LSU at the Swamp. There were tens of thousands and thousands of fans from both school enjoying the afternoon and getting ready for an very important game. It was a perfect fall afternoon, the and the fans had been drinking for hours already. My kid was taking in all in and getting excited.

On University Drive and 8th, just on the perimeter of the UF campus, was a gathering of LSU fans being lead by their cheerleaders. Many UF fans, including my son and I, watched on as Tiger fans bellowed out cheers, while guzzling down beverages of all sorts.

As the pep rally ended, One of the male LSU cheerleaders had a final, cautionary warning; "Remember Tigers! A true LSU fan does not expose himself during a football game!"

My kid looked up at me in puzzlement. I just shook my head and smiled.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
It went under. I guess you hadn't heard.

Burrito Brothers would beg to differ Hombre Buey

image.png

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
On the way here, you will come east on I-10. Past Tallahassee.

Plan your trip very carefully in terms of managing your gas and rest stops. You DO NOT want to have to stop in Leon County for any reason.

(Also do not speed there. Most consistent high-density area for highway patrol officers that I have ever seen.)

On the way home, don't let your unhappiness undermine your situational awareness. You will have to go by Tallahassee again. Plan accordingly.

HTH.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Although Burrito Brothers has moved to new quarters, and isn't the tiny hole in the wall it used to be back in the day, their Primo Burrito is still probably Gainesville's most signature food dish. For 40 or so years.

I assume Burrito Brothers would be pretty-darn-crowded on game days.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The "No parking; Tow Away Zone" signs only apply during the week when classes are in session.
The open container thing they keep telling you is bs, you can only bring your alcohol into the stadium in a small cooler.

1) If you get an expensive parking ticket contact (PM) Law98Gator here at GC. He's won several personal cases
pleading that "No Parking" signs constitute entrapment … well, to him at least.

2) The smartest-safest way to smuggle your booze in is to give it to a Gator fan to carry in for you.Then just get lost with the crowd; cops will never see the connection.

On the way here, you will come east on I-10. Past Tallahassee.
(Also do not speed there. Most consistent high-density area for highway patrol officers that I have ever seen.)

The Highway Patrolmen notice your non-Leon County tag and pull you over just to have somebody intelligent to converse with for a change.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Section 45 should be in LSU fan territory. The south end zone, IMHO, is 1000% better than the Sunshine Seats in the north endzone, those Sunshine Seats are blazing hot, to me anyway. It is like a roasting pan up there. Also remember that ground level as you walk in is around row 45 or so. I've found on the sides the view is better from row 45 on up than lower due to the angle.

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
Hit burrito bros on Friday it'll be a little more chill. Primo beef, chips & guac, 3 coronas and lime. They have all the local micros if you're in to that. After that go downtown, there's usually a big community rally type thing with food trucks and a lot of specials at the bars.

Your hotel is out near the interstate, there's a park and ride at the mall around the corner but fuk that. Drive yourself, get to campus 4-5 hours early and there's plenty of free parking all over the place within 10 min walk. You get too wasted there's a tow company at all the games that'll tow you for free. Take advantage if you need it.

Game day just go ahead and hit every bar from 18th street east to 15th off university ave. you'll be fine as long as you don't turn in to an *******. Good variety of spots to grab small bites to soak up the suds and a lot of places to get more suds.

You won't get harassed drinking as long as it's in a solo cup and you're not being an ass. Have fun.

Last edited:

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Troopers can't be worse in Leon than they are in Alachua. I'm in Marion and only time we see a trooper on I75 is if there's a wreck (or heading home, or donuts).... Cross the line though and FHP, GPD, DOT and ACSD are all teamed up, Hell there's even a paved spot for them to sit in just N of the county line on the northbound side. Think I've even seen FWC with them.

South Florida is a whole nother ball game though

And if a crew of frat guys come by with a full size plastic cow....... Let's just say we were called crazy and the pics weren't very flattering :)

Tigerfan23

Jul 28, 2016
good deal. thanks guys

we can talk about the matchup once it gets closer

maybe we will run into some of yall oct. 8

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I think he's a good coach and a great man.
I like him and wanted him to stay. However I can see the other side of the story. He wins a hell of a lot of games but it's amazing to think how many more could have been won with a competent quarterback*
Do you think he'll ever beat Bert???
upload_2016-7-30_11-41-52.png

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Thats a good point, no matter how dumb your coach Grasseater looks sometimes, actually most of the time unless he is converting on 4th down repeatedly vs us, at least he isnt a fat slob who has a losing record in the SEC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.