Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
haha i am, you hit the LSU stereotypes right on the head
especially leaving at halftime
Just come down and have fun, there's lots to do and see and much within walking distance. Just follow the crowds. The swamp is a fun place if you get there early enough to get in. Tijuana flats is mighty tasty for some eats.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I dont think any actually enjoys to **** the corn dog
some Louisianians love to eat said corn dog, but I've never witnessed someone **** one.
I actually dont like corn dogs that much though, and I've never in my life smelled a corn dog at LSU

Don't lie you nutria eating MFer.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, drive up to Jax. Only takes an hour, just get on 301 and head north, blow through those small towns like Waldo, Hampton, Starke, and Lawtey. No speed traps whatsoever.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Baymont is by the Mall. Convenient to I-75, but far from campus.

Forget the cab idea. There used to be a shuttle from the mall parking lot to the stadium. Look into that, or drive yourself and your tailgating gear.

Get there early to stake out a good spot near the stadium.

Pace yourself. Hydrate. Eat. Control yourself.

Older alumni "get it". We've been tailgating in enemy territory a million times so we're good to respectful opposing fans and vice versa.

That's not always the case with locals, some students, and young alumni who haven't been on the road as much. You and your buddies are at that age where alcohol and testosterone make you do stupid things. Fight the urge. Ask yourself how you would feel if roles were reversed and some drunk Gator was showing his ass in BR?

(Full disclosure, I WAS that drunk Gator showing his ass in BR, more than once.)

I've been in enemy territory many times and the truth is (despite vehement denials) that we're all about the same.

Forget scenic drives and seafood restaurants. You're not coming to visit museums with your parents. You're coming for the UF experience.

There are two main drinking districts in Gainesville--downtown which is away from campus (and the opposite direction from where you're staying) and midtown which is across University Avenue from Campus.

Hit downtown Friday night. It should be rocking. Pick a bar that suits you. Look for people dressed like you in line to get in and listen for music you like.

Hit midtown before and after the game.

I hope you enjoy every minute of your visit except for the game itself.

Alex.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I think he's a good coach and a great man.
I like him and wanted him to stay. However I can see the other side of the story. He wins a hell of a lot of games but it's amazing to think how many more could have been won with a competent quarterback*
Scariest damn coach we face every year. Personally I like the him and a pretty stand-up guy from what I understand. As far as staying at the hotel and getting to the game we've always just piled as many people in a car as we could and parked north of the stadium.

Tigerfan23

Jul 28, 2016
Baymont is by the Mall. Convenient to I-75, but far from campus.

Forget the cab idea. There used to be a shuttle from the mall parking lot to the stadium. Look into that, or drive yourself and your tailgating gear.

Get there early to stake out a good spot near the stadium.

Pace yourself. Hydrate. Eat. Control yourself.

Older alumni "get it". We've been tailgating in enemy territory a million times so we're good to respectful opposing fans and vice versa.

That's not always the case with locals, some students, and young alumni who haven't been on the road as much. You and your buddies are at that age where alcohol and testosterone make you do stupid things. Fight the urge. Ask yourself how you would feel if roles were reversed and some drunk Gator was showing his ass in BR?

(Full disclosure, I WAS that drunk Gator showing his ass in BR, more than once.)

I've been in enemy territory many times and the truth is (despite vehement denials) that we're all about the same.

Forget scenic drives and seafood restaurants. You're not coming to visit museums with your parents. You're coming for the UF experience.

There are two main drinking districts in Gainesville--downtown which is away from campus (and the opposite direction from where you're staying) and midtown which is across University Avenue from Campus.

Hit downtown Friday night. It should be rocking. Pick a bar that suits you. Look for people dressed like you in line to get in and listen for music you like.

Hit midtown before and after the game.

I hope you enjoy every minute of your visit except for the game itself.

Alex.
awesome response man thanks
I graduated LSU 3 years ago and have a career now, I'm not looking to start fights or act an ass
Appreciate it

Tigerfan23

Jul 28, 2016
also about tickets,
is there any seats in the stadium to avoid? im talking about terrible spots where the view is blocked or anything
I plan on trying to avoid the nose bleed
thanks

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Tiger, how did you hear about Gatorchatter?

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
also about tickets,
is there any seats in the stadium to avoid? im talking about terrible spots where the view is blocked or anything
I plan on trying to avoid the nose bleed
thanks

the Swamp is a tight, compact stadium, and if you get bleacher seats you will be crammed in. If you get nose bleed seats, get the N or S end zones, it's a great view of the field. I personally like the S end zone nose bleed (about row 75) better than the sideline seats.
22080_315245403949_5739998_n.jpg this is row 75, S endzone.

the lower in the stadium you are the louder it will be. Get your tickets and get there at least 30 minutes before kickoff. there are pregame traditions that you should experience; the video intro, honorary Mr. 2-bits, fly over (if they have one), and of course, the teams coming onto the field.

don't listen to coach (stephenPE) about drink'n - he's the board drunk :lol:

get back on the board a few days before you leave and see who all will be at the game. if you're cool you'll prolly get an invite to meet up and hang out. I have at least 3 tailgate options when i go to the games and if I am at this one, I'll let you know when-where I'll be and extend an invite.

Jax, St. Augustine, & Cedar Key are all cool, but if you're only in town a night or two bypass them. enjoy G-ville, there's plenty to see there. If you're in town for a week, do the rest, but St. Auggie would be my first choice (and it should be yours too).

Like what others said, be respectful, and you will be respected, but the Swamp (bar) can get rowdy at times for rivals, and locals.

Have fun, & Go Gators :chomp:

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
awesome response man thanks
I graduated LSU 3 years ago and have a career now, I'm not looking to start fights or act an ass
Appreciate it

Best way for you to hook up with an LSU girl in Gainesville (Friday night): "Hey Tigah, we in enemy territorah, we got to stick toogethah, you gonna help keep these Gaitahs away from me?" There is a natural kindredship among fans on the road, they will be drawn to you for safety and comfort.

Best way for you to hook up with a UF girl in Gainesville (postgame): "Y'all just beat the hell out of us. This must be the worst night of my life." Work the sympathy angle. What? You know we're going to stomp you guys, right? :dunno:

Best way for you to leave Florida with an STD, find an FSU alumna working the pole on the main stage and ask her "How much?".

Don't be offended by the corndog jokes. For this being an annual rivalry and the games having some significance, we tend to get along pretty well with you guys.

Tickets: We're at Tennessee and at FSU this year so LSU will be the biggest home game. It's going to be an expensive ticket. There will be scalpers all around but tickets in the LSU section will be harder to come by. You guys are better off trying to get 2 pairs instead of 4 together. If you do find tickets in the LSU section, don't be afraid to buy singles. You'll have a blast. Try for the LSU section but if you can't get them, buy UF alumni tickets (student tickets require a student ID unless they have been upgraded). Again, be respectful. The students tend to stand the whole game. Alumni do not. Stand when the people in front of you are standing. Sit when the people in front of you are sitting.

As for the stadium, it's not unlike Tiger Stadium in that it is very vertical. It's not a spread out bowl. Most all the seats are good and I don't think there are any obstructions anywhere. Your sidelines are higher than ours so Tiger Stadium is at its loudest in the middle of the field. Our endzones our higher than yours so the Swamp is at its loudest in the endzones. If it is a night game, you're fine anywhere. If it's a day game, the endzone upper decks get blistered by the sun, and the student section (East side stands) gets it pretty bad too. The Alumni side (West side stands) are the first to get shade and the higher up you are, the sooner you get that shade. If you're really wanting to drop coin, we have club seats on the alumni side and in the endzone. You can retreat into the air conditioning and use a clean bathroom, but you don't get the wild atmosphere of the student and young alumni sections. Print out a stadium map if you're going to buy from the scalpers. Never take their word on where the seats are. Always check. Also try to find out in advance where the LSU seats are. Here is a picture of a Tennessee game from a few years ago...you guys will likely be in the same sections:

Florida_Blueout.JPG

Print out a campus map of the area around the stadium. http://m.ufl.edu/map/ We don't have a large main tailgating area like other schools. Instead, there are lots of smaller places where tailgating happens sprinkled all around. If you are bringing your own gear, get there early, pay for a spot near the stadium, and get set up. Other Tiger fans will stop by to visit you. If you aren't bringing your own gear, feel free to wander around. We always make jambalaya for LSU week and love having you coon asses come by for a bowl and praise it. You might even latch on to a nice LSU tailgate. One of our larger tailgating areas is the Plaza of the Americas. If you don't bring your own gear, that's a really great place to walk around.

Also, find out if your alumni association has a reception planned somewhere in Gainesville for the game. Ours has one for all our road games. They are more geared towards older alumni but it's always a good place to start.

Oh, and I actually mean PRINT the maps. I know you have a smartphone in your pocket. But cell service on gamedays is sketchy.

Alex.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
You seem to be a pretty nice guy... Tell your fellow lsu fans to stop texting Timmy. It stopped being funny by 2009.

Tigerfan23

Jul 28, 2016
Thanks for the advice everyone

I just googled Florida Gators forum and found this spot

I saw four tickets on stubhub for like 130 a pop, might just go with those

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members