Toney to start out at QB

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I have watched his film. He's not as fast as Treon and He's on par with Treon passing. They're also the same 5'10-5'11 height.
Dude ,toneys way more explosive than treon. As far of a passer,we don't know yet. We do know toney has a srronger arm. But the athleticism isn't even close.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Dude ,toneys way more explosive than treon. As far of a passer,we don't know yet. We do know toney has a srronger arm. But the athleticism isn't even close.
Their arm strength is the same. Treon played in a tougher state and has better agility and speed than Toney.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Their arm strength is the same. Treon played in a tougher state and has better agility and speed than Toney.
Treon couldn't throw the ball 50 yards in the air with a crow hop. Don't believe me? Go back and watch the lsu game. Toney was putting it through the uprights on one knee from the 50 in that one clip.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Treon couldn't throw the ball 50 yards in the air with a crow hop. Don't believe me? Go back and watch the lsu game. Toney was putting it through the uprights on one knee from the 50 in that one clip.
Go watch Treons and Toneys highlights. They're mirror images of each other. There's a reason Toney was an athlete and Treon a QB coming out of HS.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
He's a good passer and, obviously, is dangerous running the ball. Really zips it with a pretty quick release.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
No, I don't. I think you are simply looking for something to complain about. If anything, Mac has repeatedly given reasons to the media recently why LDR WON'T be starting.

See what I'm saying, you just aren't happy if you aren't complaining. You've given ZERO reason to believe this will occur other than some opinion that has zero basis in any type of fact. You have a right to an opinion, but that doesn't make your opinion right, you are simply making things up to make some argument that in all honesty has zero need to be made at this point in time.

So you are on record as predicting at least 6 losses in the regular season. So 6-6.
Bro, let's go ahead and make the bet right now :lol: You're going to make it easier and easier every year lmao

Bro, the bolded part doesn't even make sense, when coupled with the rest of your comments. Are you drinking right now?
I'm not exactly saying we lose 6 games I gave an opinion on how I could see things playing out, I was mostly just showing that he will stick with LDR as long as he can even if we're losing because he's to afraid to take a risk that could turn out really bad if both fr are busts. I'm saying he's so worried to looked bad that he don't want to take a risk that might make him look even worse incase by chance he is on the chopping block. It's a lot harder to get a job when you go 5-7 compared to 7-5. And no I'm not saying we lose 7 games either. If you gave me a $1,000 to place a bet in vegas I'd bet we lose 4-5 games and the offense still ranks higher than 80.

And I'd like to ask you a question you say I have give no facts that state my opinion buy was LDR not named the starter last year over the 2 fr and Appleby? Did he not have a season ending injury? Is he going to be ready to play against Michigan or will he still be injured? He was asked if there is any chance Del Rio had played his last collegiate game? He replied No.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I've kept the avatar because I see it as funny and never seen as punishment to have, it's a classic imo. I told you I thought it was funny and that I liked it. It makes fun of FSU.
Ive used that same avatar in the past. No way a clown would use it. It clearly makes fun of them.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The proof is in the pudding LDR we had only lost 1 game before going out do to injury, you don't think Mac is not going to use that in the media to give a reasoning for starting him.

I'm gonna line it up for you right now. LDR starts against Michigan L, Starts against the cupcake W, L to TN, beats UK, beats Vandy, L to LSU, then another L to A&M, after a crap ton of media backlash and I mean a ton of it, he opens up the Qb comp during the buy week and LDR does not start against UGA which another L. We go on to win a few games in a row have a competitive game against FSU but lose and he's given another year to find out what he can do when he starts one of the freshman the whole season. He's very calculated in what he does. He know he's in over his head but his showing the next school he can be competitive in the SEC.
If Mac does that he's done game 3 and announced after UGA.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
If LDR is healthy for summer camp he will be your starter for the 1st game and I'll go as far as to say he will be the starter until the east is of reach or he is injured. Mac is a coward and won't take a risk he's calculated in everything he does. He hired familiar faces even after knowing they were fired from bama and stunk up the join at Michigan. He sees that he sucks and he still won't fire them because that's a risk.

I expect an open competition. LDR has some advantages in this and if healthy he probably will be the starter by actually earning it. Nothing that the coaches say can be taken seriously they are not organized to output truth to fans but to help the team. Even in the spring game you don't really see much. Time will tell.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This Toney kid is lightyears more athletic than Treon, but that's somewhat irrelevant. He's likely raw as hell and not ready. I won't be surprised at all if Del Rio is the starter for the opener. Mac's penchant for quarterback style sways more toward game manager than playmaker. It's a shame because a playmaker is precisely the kind of guy to keep Bama out of the title game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.