Toney to start out at QB

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Game manager style QB or not, you have to make those dagger throwing plays to keep any march for the trophies alive. I didn't have a good impression of LDR being that dude. I hear the peanut gallery screaming down on me he was injured, but even before then, it look like the same ole just can't stretch the field deep enough or hit the patterned break too well. Just saying if there is a better "real- it" talent in our camp but someone on staff is having menstrual cramps over an underclassman, I'm leaning toward taking my bumps and bruises now versus watching another herniated effort on most average plays. The guy with the gun, some semblance of touch and a good karma attitude please come forward. Go Gators!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You should take note the fact that Bammer won with a playmaker QB this year, and Butters went out and signed Toney and is still waiting for Zaire.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Game manager style QB or not, you have to make those dagger throwing plays to keep any march for the trophies alive. I didn't have a good impression of LDR being that dude. I hear the peanut gallery screaming down on me he was injured, but even before then, it look like the same ole just can't stretch the field deep enough or hit the patterned break too well. Just saying if there is a better "real- it" talent in our camp but someone on staff is having menstrual cramps over an underclassman, I'm leaning toward taking my bumps and bruises now versus watching another herniated effort on most average plays. The guy with the gun, some semblance of touch and a good karma attitude please come forward. Go Gators!

Yep we have to go with either Franks or Trask and can just try the other one if the game is too big for the first one that gets the starting job. Its just like the anonymous SEC coach (probably Smart since he was at Bama then) said about LDR before the season started - that he is a decent kid but is just not a starting SEC caliber QB and limited.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alright so , If Franks, Trask, Allen, or Toney start, Omar is banned for the 2017 season.
If LDR or a grad transfer is QB in game 1, then Irtx is banned for the 2017 season.

You guys should sweeten the pot and use your Ox bucks to make a bet in the Betting Exchange to make it official. Or at least do it for $1 of ox bucks so that it lets you make the bet and we have it on record.
time to ban Omar :whistle:

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Treon's biggest problem was he was afraid to throw the dang ball unless the receivers got wide open all by themselves or blew past the DBs immediately. Held the ball way too long, and caused most of his own problems because of it. Defenses learned to play bump and run and that would completely confound Treon and stop our offense because of it.

Meh, after further review of the Toney video, I can see where Omar is coming from. They're almost carbon copies of each other. Toney "may" be a bit more athletic. Maybe a tad faster, but the arm talent and hesitation to throw look very similar.

Exactly, a QB might be very athletic, have a strong arm and other physical traits, but in this day if you can't identify defenses in real time and find the appropriate receiver you are not a complete QB. T could not do that. Tebow was slow in identifying defenses but having a great physical presence, leadership, and a great team around him made the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.