TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Can you explain why he had so much QB controversy in the beginning of the year? Harris was already committed to 2015-16 so keeping him engaged is total BS.

Nearly every reply you made on this page is stating Mac couldn't make the decision and commit. It might appear to a member of the public, such as yourself, that it was indecision. But put yourself in his shoes - your best candidate has an ego issue, the backup should never play (much less start) and has been abused (rightfully so?) for carrying us thru the end of last year. Behind them? Nada. So as the HBC, you have to manage your roster. Not publicly committing to Grier allows keeping his ego in check while maintaining TH's focus and readiness. No, we couldn't have predicted WG getting suspended, but just as likely is an injury that takes him off the field for the balance of the season. As a HBC, you HAVE to maintain a serviceable backup. Ours wasn't real serviceable, but it was all we had on the roster last year. This year is already different (and we hope that means 'better') in that we are 4 deep at the position without WG or TH.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
It always amazes me how fckn smart interweb posters are about coaching decisions but they are not smart enough to get one of those WELL paid jobs. If I knew as much as they did I would be COY.........

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Nearly every reply you made on this page is stating Mac couldn't make the decision and commit. It might appear to a member of the public, such as yourself, that it was indecision. But put yourself in his shoes - your best candidate has an ego issue, the backup should never play (much less start) and has been abused (rightfully so?) for carrying us thru the end of last year. Behind them? Nada. So as the HBC, you have to manage your roster. Not publicly committing to Grier allows keeping his ego in check while maintaining TH's focus and readiness. No, we couldn't have predicted WG getting suspended, but just as likely is an injury that takes him off the field for the balance of the season. As a HBC, you HAVE to maintain a serviceable backup. Ours wasn't real serviceable, but it was all we had on the roster last year. This year is already different (and we hope that means 'better') in that we are 4 deep at the position without WG or TH.

Every team has to maintain a serviceable back up. You don't see the coach flip flopping them through four games. It HAS to be that Mac had some magically reason not indecision, right? Couldn't it just be that he f ed it up?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It always amazes me how fckn smart interweb posters are about coaching decisions but they are not smart enough to get one of those WELL paid jobs. If I knew as much as they did I would be COY.........
:lol:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Every team has to maintain a serviceable back up. You don't see the coach flip flopping them through four games. It HAS to be that Mac had some magically reason not indecision, right? Couldn't it just be that he f ed it up?

Everybody on this forum is not a HC, nor are any of us viewed as QB evaluators/developers for a career choice. Mac is. Even idiots like us could see WG was the better choice and TH should stay off the field. You think Mac didn't see that? You can't see reason in his words and actions? Only indecision? Btw, TH started the first game against NMSU - there are many reasons for that decision (encumbent, keeping WG ego in check and perhaps testing his mental state coming off the bench, etc) not just because he was on the sideline and TH was the closest at hand when he had to send out a starting QB. WG started every game after that until he was suspended. That is flip flopping?

As for flip flopping your QB position....seems to me a certain well respected coach did that A LOT here at Florida and it seemed to work out, whatever his reasons were at the time. Or was he just f'ing it up as well?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Everybody on this forum is not a HC, nor are any of us viewed as QB evaluators/developers for a career choice. Mac is. Even idiots like us could see WG was the better choice and TH should stay off the field. You think Mac didn't see that? You can't see reason in his words and actions? Only indecision? Btw, TH started the first game against NMSU - there are many reasons for that decision (encumbent, keeping WG ego in check and perhaps testing his mental state coming off the bench, etc) not just because he was on the sideline and TH was the closest at hand when he had to send out a starting QB. WG started every game after that until he was suspended. That is flip flopping?

As for flip flopping your QB position....seems to me a certain well respected coach did that A LOT here at Florida and it seemed to work out, whatever his reasons were at the time. Or was he just f'ing it up as well?

You just love comparing our guys to HOF'ers. LOL. Until either Mac or White actually do something let's hold off on their sainthood, m'kay?

I get that every decision has to be how Mac planned it. Many of the idiots said the same about Muschamp. He knew more than all of us back then too. Heard it all...all the same garbage lines. Why does it have to be that everything is as planned and Mac is doing every perfectly? Because if not then the cracks start to form...little by little. The alternative is that Mac might not be all that at UF. Some of you won't acknowledge it until that day he is fired(not saying this will happen) and even then some people will be saying he was fired too soon(just like some did with Muschamp).

Same ole story.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty sure Mac only used both Qbs in 2 games, not 4. I know it helps the narrative to say 4 though, no matter how wrong it may be lol.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
You just love comparing our guys to HOF'ers. LOL. Until either Mac or White actually do something let's hold off on their sainthood, m'kay?

Not giving the n00bs sainthood, simply pointing out that even the greats struggled at the beginning and by comparison our current coaches are doing better than the HOF crew did. It means the current coaches deserve a little slack, which you seem unwilling to extend (your choice).

...all the same garbage lines. Why does it have to be that everything is as planned and Mac is doing every perfectly? Because if not then the cracks start to form...little by little. The alternative is that Mac might not be all that at UF.

Yeah, you called it right on that, and indeed I'm in that camp - giving credit before it's earned, and well after it was proven misplaced. I know you're not painting me directly with those statements, but I'll admit being in that camp that wanted to believe WM was smarter than he proved to be. Mac and White may not be the answer for UF - but you're slinging mud on both before it's warranted. That's the other side of the coin from us pumpers that keep hoping past when the facts say 'move on'. For now, I've been burned enough with WM to know not to put too much faith in the current coaches until it's earned - until the facts warrant it. Right now, the facts warrant more than you will admit.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Pretty sure Mac only used both Qbs in 2 games, not 4. I know it helps the narrative to say 4 though, no matter how wrong it may be lol.

NMSU - WG and TH (and JG) had completions
ECU - WG and TH had completions
KY - Only WG
TN - Only WG
Ole Miss - Only WG
MIZZ - Only WG

Factjay is correct, despite T's agenda.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Holy Geeze...once you sink your teeth into a negative biscuit, you won't let go until you've gnawed every last morsel off that sucker.

It's like revisionist history. You state the same misinformation over and over again until you believe it is fact. You KEEP claiming that Mac was flip flopping between QB's. Only problem is the facts don't support your claim:

- The fact is TH started the first game as the incumbent starter from the previous season, as WG had never taken a live college snap.
- The fact is once WG took over in that game, we never really saw much of TH again. Sure, he got a few snaps, but not many...
- The fact is WG started every game after that one and TH barely saw the field again, except for a couple failed gimmick plays or two point conversions.
- The fact is everybody was wondering why Mac was hesitant to just name WG as the outright starter because he was clearly Mac's preferred guy.

There is no disputing who Mac preferred and who Mac played in the first six games. The only thing he didn't do was name him the permanent starter. Now clearly this causes one to speculate. And truth be told, we'll never really know...which in turn opens up opportunities for internet doooosh bags who like ravenous dogs, sniff around for any morsel that could be spun in a negative light, because they are seemingly only happy, when they are unhappy, and for some unknown reason wish to spread that misery to others, and then resort to demeaning and demoralizing anyone who won't join them in their misery under the false guise of "just being a realists". *And yes I know that is one long damn run on sentence but I just don't give a, Who is the new president of UF again, that's right, dr. Fuch.

So all we are left with is speculation. Knowing what we know now about WG and the Grier family, all one can do is use our God given ability of INTELLECTUAL REASON. Many have deducted from what we now have the benefit of knowing is perhaps Grier was a self centered, immature, egotistical kid who still had a lot of growing up to do. Maybe Mac was keeping the competition "open" in an effort to get Grier to take the next step forward as a man and/or a teammate. Who knows? That seems as possible as anything else proposed.

PERHAPS, Mac had reason to suspect Grier may fail his drug test. Maybe he recently added 40 pounds to his bench press? Maybe he had uncontrollable, monster boners in the showers after practice and this "tipped" Mac off to the fact that he may have recently added a new supplement to his diet regime in a effort to keep up with his NFL cheerleader girlfriend.

Fact is, we don't know. Fact is, nothing I have said will mean a thing to someone like you... Which is why I tried to just laugh at your original supposition and refrain from commenting the first multiple times you made the same ignorant statement. But enough already. Go find a new bone to chew... Lick your ass and then roll over and play dead for awhile and give the rest of us a break from your drama queen antics.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Hilarious. Mac has been here ONE season and he played with a complete inexperienced Oline with almost zero depth. His best QB ended up being an idiot and the other came real close to being arrested and kicked out and when he did play we found out he couldnt play. We had ONE real receiver and he was a true freshman. He still managed all those wins. None of the above is excuses but rather facts. To talk trash about him and his abilities at this point in the game is asinine at best.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Haven't we deducted from this thinking-equation that both TH & WG had never QBed Mac's Offense?
From this it's possibly in Mac's reasoning that he needed to develop a main QB and a decent backup.
Thus Mac had to get his backup max training during those first two games when he could expect to win
even with screwups? From those games Mac saw that TH was really deficient; then thinking we had to
go "eggs in one basket" with WG (hoping no injury could occur). Mac, nor any HC, would foresee WG's
fate. From that, Mac had to go to the only QB who had experience with ruining that offense … er I meant
to say running that offense.

Mac came into a situation where the UF-program gave him no "group" of reasonable QBs to depend
upon, to develop. Think of schools that lost their junior-senior QBs during the season, then did well with
an underclassman. We lost our redshirt freshman QB ! What does it say when your team's success
hinges on a QB that never ran a game play before the season began?

As Mac recruits and develops his own QBs, we can expect top-notch results. It probably will take
a third year for Mac to stand atop the uphill climb to be able to peer beyond our recent past, which
lies down at the big dip (where USCe will soon be).

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Hilarious. Mac has been here ONE season and he played with a complete inexperienced Oline with almost zero depth. His best QB ended up being an idiot and the other came real close to being arrested and kicked out and when he did play we found out he couldnt play. We had ONE real receiver and he was a true freshman. He still managed all those wins. None of the above is excuses but rather facts. To talk trash about him and his abilities at this point in the game is asinine at best.
This^

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Holy Geeze...once you sink your teeth into a negative biscuit, you won't let go until you've gnawed every last morsel off that sucker.

It's like revisionist history. You state the same misinformation over and over again until you believe it is fact. You KEEP claiming that Mac was flip flopping between QB's. Only problem is the facts don't support your claim:

- The fact is TH started the first game as the incumbent starter from the previous season, as WG had never taken a live college snap.
- The fact is once WG took over in that game, we never really saw much of TH again. Sure, he got a few snaps, but not many...
- The fact is WG started every game after that one and TH barely saw the field again, except for a couple failed gimmick plays or two point conversions.
- The fact is everybody was wondering why Mac was hesitant to just name WG as the outright starter because he was clearly Mac's preferred guy.

There is no disputing who Mac preferred and who Mac played in the first six games. The only thing he didn't do was name him the permanent starter. Now clearly this causes one to speculate. And truth be told, we'll never really know...which in turn opens up opportunities for internet doooosh bags who like ravenous dogs, sniff around for any morsel that could be spun in a negative light, because they are seemingly only happy, when they are unhappy, and for some unknown reason wish to spread that misery to others, and then resort to demeaning and demoralizing anyone who won't join them in their misery under the false guise of "just being a realists". *And yes I know that is one long damn run on sentence but I just don't give a, Who is the new president of UF again, that's right, dr. Fuch.

So all we are left with is speculation. Knowing what we know now about WG and the Grier family, all one can do is use our God given ability of INTELLECTUAL REASON. Many have deducted from what we now have the benefit of knowing is perhaps Grier was a self centered, immature, egotistical kid who still had a lot of growing up to do. Maybe Mac was keeping the competition "open" in an effort to get Grier to take the next step forward as a man and/or a teammate. Who knows? That seems as possible as anything else proposed.

PERHAPS, Mac had reason to suspect Grier may fail his drug test. Maybe he recently added 40 pounds to his bench press? Maybe he had uncontrollable, monster boners in the showers after practice and this "tipped" Mac off to the fact that he may have recently added a new supplement to his diet regime in a effort to keep up with his NFL cheerleader girlfriend.

Fact is, we don't know. Fact is, nothing I have said will mean a thing to someone like you... Which is why I tried to just laugh at your original supposition and refrain from commenting the first multiple times you made the same ignorant statement. But enough already. Go find a new bone to chew... Lick your ass and then roll over and play dead for awhile and give the rest of us a break from your drama queen antics.
:alone:

God, you're a whiny slit. Fact is our FB and BB programs are in deep **** despite all the rainbows and sunshine.

I swear we have people on here that would be screaming everything is fine on the Titanic as she was taking on water. No big deal. It's just some water.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
:alone:

God, you're a whiny slit. Fact is our FB and BB programs are in deep **** despite all the rainbows and sunshine.

I swear we have people on here that would be screaming everything is fine on the Titanic as she was taking on water. No big deal. It's just some water.

We won 10 games last year under a first year coach. Pump the brakes man, my goodness. If 10 wins is "deep ****" go ahead and lather me in it. You're calling everyone pumpers, while being a huge chicken little.

I will, however, agree that our bball program is at crossroads. Winning 20+ games isn't a disaster (far from it) but I agree we aren't in great shape there.

Take a deep breath and let it play out. There are some positives to go off of believe it or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator