URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n72146 said:
Originally posted by ATXGator View Post

He probably won't be charged if it comes down to he said/she said and there is no other evidence.

There apparently is more evidence than their words since a couple of bags were removed and brought to the crime lab.

Concerning his future at UF, it's ridiculous to say that no matter how this plays out, the fact that he has been accused by the alleged victim means he is gone. That is way too reactionary. If no charges are brought that will be a good start toward a possible eventual reinstatement, but not enough in and of itself. There will be internal investigation by the University as well as by the student conduct court (or whatever is the proper name). If it appears that there was improper/immoral behavior on his part even though not enough to bring formal legal charges, he will be dismissed. I personally feel it is highly unlikely he ever suits up for us again, but if no charges are brought and he is cleared of wrong-doing by the University and student court then I would welcome him back.

That's going to be fairly standard.
I'd be curious in knowing whether or not this really was a person that he was, at the time or previously, in a consensual relationship with. Only because that gives some cause towards Harris having been there before and perhaps leaving traces of himself there.
What they took could exonerate him, or could convict him, but not necessarily. Really still too early to do anything but speculate at this point.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
URGatorBait;n72148 said:
For the record, I'm not saying definitively that I think he did it, simply stating that many of us look at him and treat him as if he did. Which goes to my larger point of public opinion.

@sofla, I agree and get what you are saying, but it doesn't matter what "We" think. Public opinion is larger than us.

I really don't care about public opinion. The majority of people(rival fans) hated, and still hate Tebow too.

If there is no evidence to even charge him, much less convict him, then I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt. I've also yet to hear how anyone here would want a similar situation handled if it were their son in question.

And again, if an 18 year old feels that he has the right to force sex on a female whenever he wants, that mindset is not going to suddenly go away. He'd do it again, which would make the matter simple.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n72158 said:
I really don't care about public opinion. The majority of people(rival fans) hated, and still hate Tebow too.

If there is no evidence to even charge him, much less convict him, then I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt. I've also yet to hear how anyone here would want a similar situation handled if it were their son in question.

And again, if an 18 year old feels that he has the right to force sex on a female whenever he wants, that mindset is not going to suddenly go away. He'd do it again, which would make the matter simple.

I don't disagree with any of the bolded.
I was making a simple statement, not an epiphany. I'm stating that things are bigger than UF fans, or even college football fans, and those opinions can have an effect on the University.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
bayou gator;n72136 said:
Originally posted by t-gator View Post

I've met more women crazy enough to make fake allegations than men nasty enough to commit rape. You are jumping the gun.

I agree

Again, y'all. This isn't "rape" where a pscyhopath jumps out behind a tree with a knife. What we are talking about is a sexual contact without consent. I haven't met a man yet who didn't "try". Not all young co-eds are confident enough to say "stop" out loud when they want to stop, and let's be real, guys can get carried away in the heat of the moment. We need to teach our daughters to boldly say 'no', and our sons to ask permission.

Blaming women for being crazy doesn't help. And, yes, all women have some kind of crazy. :-)

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n72178 said:
Again, y'all. This isn't "rape" where a pscyhopath jumps out behind a tree with a knife. What we are talking about is a sexual contact without consent. I haven't met a man yet who didn't "try". Not all young co-eds are confident enough to say "stop" out loud when they want to stop, and let's be real, guys can get carried away in the heat of the moment. We need to teach our daughters to boldly say 'no', and our sons to ask permission.

Blaming women for being crazy doesn't help. And, yes, all women have some kind of crazy. :-)

i understand that. I was just responding to the guy who said uf needs to part ways with Harris regardless of the outcome of the investigation. I'm sorry if came off like a jerk. I love you

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
GatorFin;n72143 said:
How many of us actually think Winston is guilty of sexually assaulting someone?

Almost everyone I know thinks that he is guilty. Everyone knows that the investigations were not properly done. Thinking is one thing, having objective evidence of a crime is something else. Having sufficient evidence to indicate a honor code violation is much less than criminal evidence. Not the requirement for consensual is very strict and specifically on each party. Not some lack of yelling or resisting, but affirmative desire.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n72178 said:

Yes but the code of conduct is very clear that you have to have explicit permission and code violations can result in expulsion not to mention whatever conduct requirements a scholarship might entail.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
t-gator;n72193 said:
i understand that. I was just responding to the guy who said uf needs to part ways with Harris regardless of the outcome of the investigation. I'm sorry if came off like a jerk. I love you

You weren't jerk-y. This is good dialogue from many perspectives.

:grouphug:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It comes down to evidence, neither of these gator athletes should be thrown under any bus until the evidence/truth comes out. There is a rush to judgement on either side due to the 24 hour news cycle. Let just let this play out. If he is guilty, he is guilty. If she submitted a false accusation she should should also be prosecuted. That's all there really is at this point.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n72200 said:
Yes but the code of conduct is very clear that you have to have explicit permission and code violations can result in expulsion not to mention whatever conduct requirements a scholarship might entail.

These codes at colleges can be a joke in reality sometimes. He said she said is enough for them to kick an accused student out of school with no supporting evidence it wasn't consensual beyond the accusation.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, it's likely that Winston committed sexual assault. If you were falsely accused of a crime like that you'd do your best to cooperate so that the PD would clear you as soon as possible. You wouldn't decline an interview, as that would raise suspicion, (at least in any other town in the world). His actions seem to indicate that he has a bit of a sociopathic flair to him. The notion of being accused of being a rapist and then hopping up on a student union table and screaming "F@@@ her right in the P*****!!" is about as Dwayne Hoover as you can get. And then there's the girl. Run out of town and humiliated on campus. Yet she continues to assert that she was raped. She could have dropped this thing and spared herself of the humiliation as everyone from the police to her sorority sisters asked her to do. She clearly appeared inhibited to those who saw her, yet she had a blood alcohol reading within the legal limit. That points to the presence of a date rape drug.

One in ten women who attend college get raped while they are in college. One in five women get raped during the course of their life time. You may not be able to spot the fella that is capable of doing that, but odds are you know someone who has. The notion that women of any kind are prone to commonly filing false rape reports is ludicrous. Bonafide rapes are far more common than false reports, by a statistical measure of about 50:1. Few women want to subject themselves to the kind of humiliation that is associated with entering the legal process in a rape case. It can be brutal.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I just read a report that the young lady has recanted her allegations. Have any of you heard this?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n72223 said:
I just read a report that the young lady has recanted her allegations. Have any of you heard this?

Crazy stuff - A caller on TV just said he heard that it was an open and shut case from people in Gainesville that Harris did the crime. Where did you hear that?

GatorFin

Jul 24, 2014
Gator Fever;n72229 said:
Crazy stuff - A caller on TV just said he heard that it was an open and shut case from people in Gainesville that Harris did the crime. Where did you hear that?

What TV show was this?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Will wait for Williston to confirm, as he seems to have all the breaking news.

GatorFin

Jul 24, 2014
They aren't going to release anything for a few weeks at minimum if they believe he did it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator