Treon Harris suspended indefinitely - Accuser drops complaint

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
It's on Gator Country.

"A source today told me that Harris and his attorney Huntley Johnson were on campus today to make an appeal to allow Harris to be allowed to go to class during the time of the investigation as to not fall behind in his classes.

A different source told me (and Andrew was told the same by his own source) that we may have a quick resolution in the case due to the alleged victim recanting her story."

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe we'll hear something this evening

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n72234 said:
It was that nutty finebaum show. I have it playing in the other room.

was it a bulldog fan?

GatorFin

Jul 24, 2014
GIGator;n72237 said:
It's on Gator Country.

"A source today told me that Harris and his attorney Huntley Johnson were on campus today to make an appeal to allow Harris to be allowed to go to class during the time of the investigation as to not fall behind in his classes.

A different source told me (and Andrew was told the same by his own source) that we may have a quick resolution in the case due to the alleged victim recanting her story."

Wow. So these are board members on Gator Country?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So we still know absolutely nothing

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n72240 said:
was it a bulldog fan?

He acted like a Gator fan and was backing Machen's actions up saying it was around Gainesville that they had Harris for sure. Sounded like an older guy.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
These situations are traumatic experiences in several ways and we should wait until the investigation is complete before we judge anyone. As long as the truth is discovered, the appropriate actions can be taken.

We are a school first, and there is a standard of behavior that applies to everyone. Athletics, even the high dollar, money generating ones, are extracurricular activities, by definition. If we forget that, then we are no better than any other misguided institution out there. I want us to maintain a higher standard...and I want kids to come here because of that higher standard. And I hope some of them are athletically gifted, as well.

FatCatG8r

Aug 10, 2014
URGatorBait;n72121 said:
Hopefully it's more definitive than that. In the legal court, yes he may be innocent in a he said/she said type deal. However, the court of public opinion can be just as damaging, and a he said/she said case makes it look like Winston. Most of us still look at Winston like he did it and can be just as damaging, in at least some respects, as if he was convicted of it.

"Just as damaging" you say? I don't think so. If a man is convicted of sexual assault he will go to prison for a long time. But it's not over when he is released. He officially will be defined as a sexual predator and have to register as such in any U.S. jurisdiction he chooses to live and inform the local constabulary of such status; information which will probably be posted on an official website as notification to the public for public safety purposes.

Imagine, then, for just a minute what it would be like trying to find a roof to go over your head and a job to make your way through life. That is considerably worse than the cloud of an uncharged "he said/she said" situation, even for a high profile case like this. Look at Winston and Roethlisberger as examples who will never spend a day in prison or have to register and suffer the consequences that go with those stigmata.

Edit: Sorry. I read you wrong, thinking you were comparing an innocent vs. guilty verdict. After rereading it's plain that I misinterpreted your point.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n72232 said:
Will wait for Williston to confirm, as he seems to have all the breaking news.

me too. That guys quicker than most news outlets

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n72246 said:
He acted like a Gator fan and was backing Machen's actions up saying it was around Gainesville that they had Harris for sure. Sounded like an older guy.

That guy is full of crap. After 28 years in law enforcement, I never saw one person not arrested when it was an open-shut case. Harris would be in jail if they had ANY evidence that indicated the allegations were true. No politician is going to allow a rape suspect to remain on the streets if there's any credible evidence. One thing that scares them to death is being blamed for not locking a suspect up, after he/she commits another crime.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n72258 said:
That guy is full of crap. After 28 years in law enforcement, I never saw one person not arrested when it was an open-shut case. Harris would be in jail if they had ANY evidence that indicated the allegations were true. No politician is going to allow a rape suspect to remain on the streets if there's any credible evidence. One thing that scares them to death is being blamed for not locking a suspect up, after he/she commits another crime.

I tend to agree

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
TheDouglas78;n72213 said:
It comes down to evidence, neither of these gator athletes should be thrown under any bus until the evidence/truth comes out. There is a rush to judgement on either side due to the 24 hour news cycle. Let just let this play out. If he is guilty, he is guilty. If she submitted a false accusation she should should also be prosecuted. That's all there really is at this point.
There's room for something in between. I have no idea if this is the case but, it's entirely possible that he believed they were having consensual sex and she felt after the fact that she was coerced or not in a sober enough state to have given consent.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
UFPD PIO Major Brad Barber says that incident report on alleged sexual assault by Treon Harris may not be available until Wednesday.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
FatCatG8r;n72255 said:
"Just as damaging" you say? I don't think so. If a man is convicted of sexual assault he will go to prison for a long time. But it's not over when he is released. He officially will be defined as a sexual predator and have to register as such in any U.S. jurisdiction he chooses to live and inform the local constabulary of such status; information which will probably be posted on an official website as notification to the public for public safety purposes.

Imagine, then, for just a minute what it would be like trying to find a roof to go over your head and a job to make your way through life. That is considerably worse than the cloud of an uncharged "he said/she said" situation, even for a high profile case like this. Look at Winston and Roethlisberger as examples who will never spend a day in prison or have to register and suffer the consequences that go with those stigmata.

Edit: Sorry. I read you wrong, thinking you were comparing an innocent vs. guilty verdict. After rereading it's plain that I misinterpreted your point.

Thank you for the added edit. I see you only have 2 posts, so just as an FYI, you can if you want, change your entire post, you don't have to leave it. Not sure if you knew that or not.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
:popcorn:

I'm not trying to poke fun at a very serious situation but the way you people are rehashing the speculation over and over is funny.

It's all been said at least several hundred times already.... we just don't know what happened but many have already tried and convicted both parties several times over. I'm just hoping I wake up and find it was all a bad dream.

I think we watch Law and Order too many times.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I swear Turk and duece are the same people

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online