deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n72025 said:
I thought he was still a virgin.

I think he was referring to why the Higher Power hates the Gators, or not.

Gatorhunter

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n71939 said:
I couldn't disagree with you or bianchi more. This is retarded

Thank you for your well thought out response.

Unfortunately we live in a post-Ray Rice, post-Rapist Winston world. UF has to stay above the fray.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Each of the following three statements are shown on this thread.
  1. An assumption that a woman has to have violent, forcible penetration that results in physical injury (not “standard sex”) for a sexual assault to occur.
  2. Referring to a potential victim as “some broad”.
  3. The belief TH could have all the sex he wanted after the game on Saturday.
Maybe TH thought:
  1. It isn’t assault if it is “gentle”.
  2. Women don’t deserve respect in language or action.
  3. He was entitled to getting laid.

If he acted like some of you on this board, he should be thrown the heII out of UF.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I just want to see some evidence before I throw him under the bus. We have had cases were it turned out to be a false allegation. Heck an article disussing how crazy the schools handle this sometimes had a case where the girl filed about 24 hours after the fact because her boyfriend was tipped off she slept with the guy from someone so to try and save her relationship supposedly she started crying rape and they kicked the guy out of school with no other evidence and the police never charging him. If he is guilty he needs to pay the price.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Gatorhunter;n71894 said:
Unless the girl comes out and admits she made the whole thing up (doubtful) then that cloud of uncertainty will continue to follow him and the university around even if charges aren't filed. Unfortunately it's not worth it to bring that sort of publicity to the school/program.

I've seen several people reference how we might feel differently if it were a family member that had been assaulted. While I agree, I think the same rule applies on the other side as well. If it were my son, and he'd been falsely accused, where there wasn't enough evidence to charge him, but also not enough to completely dismiss the idea, I wouldn't want him thrown out of school. And I'm quite certain that many on here would feel the same way. He's an 18 year old from a tough background, who worked hard to get into UF on a scholarship to get an education and possibly set up a career in the NFL, and now his life is now in the hands of someone who's willing to lie to "punish" him. That's absurd.

HogtownGator

It's Great to be a CCW
Aug 8, 2014
Gator Fever;n72077 said:
I just want to see some evidence before I throw him under the bus. We have had cases were it turned out to be a false allegation. Heck an article disussing how crazy the schools handle this sometimes had a case where the girl filed about 24 hours after the fact because her boyfriend was tipped off she slept with the guy from someone so to try and save her relationship supposedly she started crying rape and they kicked the guy out of school with no other evidence and the police never charging him. If he is guilty he needs to pay the price.

I understand the impulse to want evidence. The fact is, sexual assault is not rape. It is sexual contact without consent. Thank goodness they stepped in immediately to gather evidence, presumably phone/text records, dorm video, etc. that will shed light on the whole thing. It could still come down to "he said, she said". But, if there was a boyfriend "tipped off" then you know there is text record. If TH is innocent, I hope there is exculpatory evidence in the available records.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If it comes down to he said/ she said....then he's innocent.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n72108 said:

Hopefully it's more definitive than that. In the legal court, yes he may be innocent in a he said/she said type deal. However, the court of public opinion can be just as damaging, and a he said/she said case makes it look like Winston. Most of us still look at Winston like he did it and can be just as damaging, in at least some respects, as if he was convicted of it.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n72108 said:

He probably won't be charged if it comes down to he said/she said and there is no other evidence.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
URGatorBait;n72121 said:
Hopefully it's more definitive than that. In the legal court, yes he may be innocent in a he said/she said type deal. However, the court of public opinion can be just as damaging, and a he said/she said case makes it look like Winston. Most of us still look at Winston like he did it and can be just as damaging, in at least some respects, as if he was convicted of it.

But we and everyone else look at it that way because the TPD and school completely botched whatever little investigation they did, and Winston never saw any discipline at all. Again there is a reason the school and police are possibly facing a civil matter. Then to make matters worse, he continues to prove himself a knucklehead with the crablegs, beebee gun and "*** her right in the *****" rant. His body of work indicates that he has zero concept of authority and/or accountability.

None of that is similar to the way we've handled things. And Harris has no pre-existing baggage. Not to mention he's a Freshman who's thrown 6 passes and may or may not even be a difference maker for us. So it's not the same as pushing aside accusations against your Heisman winning QB en route to a potential title.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a complete turn in Harris' favor, or have this all be deemed a hoax. But if not, I agree with Zambo. You have to give him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. And I think one thing that many here are missing is the fact that IF Harris did in fact assault someone Saturday night, it certainly won't be his last time. He'll do it again, and confirm suspicion on the first incident. If not, he should be allowed to live his life.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just FYI, there will be at least some media availability this week. Muschamp on Weds and the coordinators on Thurs. No players this week. According to a guy at that other place.
Florida media availability now Wednesday and Thursday. Muschamp on Wednesday; coordinators on Thursday. No players.
— Robbie Andreu (@RobbieAndreu)

GatorFin

Jul 24, 2014
URGatorBait;n72121 said:

How many of us actually think Winston is guilty of sexually assaulting someone?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
ATXGator;n72122 said:
He probably won't be charged if it comes down to he said/she said and there is no other evidence.
There apparently is more evidence than their words since a couple of bags were removed and brought to the crime lab.

Concerning his future at UF, it's ridiculous to say that no matter how this plays out, the fact that he has been accused by the alleged victim means he is gone. That is way too reactionary. If no charges are brought that will be a good start toward a possible eventual reinstatement, but not enough in and of itself. There will be internal investigation by the University as well as by the student conduct court (or whatever is the proper name). If it appears that there was improper/immoral behavior on his part even though not enough to bring formal legal charges, he will be dismissed. I personally feel it is highly unlikely he ever suits up for us again, but if no charges are brought and he is cleared of wrong-doing by the University and student court then I would welcome him back.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorFin;n72143 said:
Originally posted by URGatorBait View Post

For the record, I'm not saying definitively that I think he did it, simply stating that many of us look at him and treat him as if he did. Which goes to my larger point of public opinion.

@sofla, I agree and get what you are saying, but it doesn't matter what "We" think. Public opinion is larger than us.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
GatorFin;n72143 said:

i dont! he is just so damn ignorant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator