Treon Harris suspended indefinitely - Accuser drops complaint

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder with Machen's personality even if they say they aren't charging him will he reinstate him. I wouldn't be surprised if he said the school investigation had to be completed (takes months I think). This is if she didn't recant her story or something like that or there is evidence she is lying.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n72403 said:
And again, I'll repeat my question. If any of the guys here have a son, and that son went out with an of-age girl, and both got drunk and had sex, you're telling me you're ok with the law viewing your son as a rapist, simply because the girl had buyer's remorse?
As a father of two boys and a girl, this scares the living **** out of me!

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n72413 said:
Well, if he's not charged, it's just going to invite accusations of a cover-up and conspiracy. That's just the way it goes these days. Perception is reality.

Innocent until proven guilty definitely doesn't hold in the eyes of public opinion.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n72418 said:
I wonder with Machen's personality even if they say they aren't charging him will he reinstate him. I wouldn't be surprised if he said the school investigation had to be completed (takes months I think). This is if she didn't recant her story or something like that or there is evidence she is lying.

This scares me but I agreed with Dubster in an earlier post. Machen's statement was pretty condemning of Harris.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Gator Fever;n72408 said:
"A lot of times people make choices when there drunk that they wouldn't make while sober. Sex is a big thing. She may have wanted to get drunk. Lot's of people do, but she may not have wanted to have sex with you. She can wake up depressed, feeling stupid, used, and dirty. When it comes to sex, you want all parties involved to be completely consenting and not intoxicated"

Then don't get drunk!

432214.gif

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox;n72427 said:
This scares me but I agreed with Dubster in an earlier post. Machen's statement was pretty condemning of Harris.

Yep and there are horror stories of non players being kicked out of school by the school just based on an accusation that the police quickly said they weren't going to charge the student.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n72413 said:
Well, if he's not charged, it's just going to invite accusations of a cover-up and conspiracy. That's just the way it goes these days. Perception is reality.

these cases are popping up alot lately. I haven't heard anything about the Colin kaepernick incident since this summer.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
GatorInKnox;n72422 said:
Innocent until proven guilty definitely doesn't hold in the eyes of public opinion.

Again, who cares about the court of public opinion? Our rivals aren't going to like this, but what's new. They bashed us for the arrests under Meyer, while simultaneously mocking Tebow's strong religious beliefs. They're going to find a way to whine either way. Screw them.

And I'll also go back to what I said earlier. Treon could just as easily be a bust. He's thrown 6 passes. It's not as if he's on pace to win the Davey O'Brien. Yes, we need him, but it's not as if we're great with him or doomed without. It's about not screwing a kid that apparently did nothing wrong(assuming that's the case).

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n72436 said:
these cases are popping up alot lately. I haven't heard anything about the Colin kaepernick incident since this summer.

Him being relatively unknown helps him.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Also starting to see blurbs that the alleged victim is, or has, recanted.

@TylerCommaJohn: So Treon Harris' accuser is allegedly recanting.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n72408 said:
"A lot of times people make choices when there drunk that they wouldn't make while sober. Sex is a big thing. She may have wanted to get drunk. Lot's of people do, but she may not have wanted to have sex with you. She can wake up depressed, feeling stupid, used, and dirty. When it comes to sex, you want all parties involved to be completely consenting and not intoxicated"

If that's the case, I've felt that way a few times in my younger years. Woke up, thought about the night before and what I did / who I did it with...and needed a shower. My dumb azz slept with women I never would have if I was sober. By these standards I could've accused these young women of rape. They took advantage of me. Just saying...

Drunk and passed out sex = rape. Two consenting young adults who had a few drinks and had sex = maybe your dumb azz should stop drinking so much.

Just glad I grew up, married a wonderful lady and have beautiful children. Now I teach my children to NOT to do the silly crap I did. I can only pray.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n72440 said:
Also starting to see blurbs that the alleged victim is, or has, recanted.

@TylerCommaJohn: So Treon Harris' accuser is allegedly recanting.

If she is, she needs to be charged.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n72441 said:
If that's the case, I've felt that way a few times in my younger years. Woke up, thought about the night before and what I did / who I did it with...and needed a shower. My dumb azz slept with women I never would have if I was sober. By these standards I could've accused these young women of rape. They took advantage of me. Just saying...

Drunk and passed out sex = rape. Two consenting young adults who had a few drinks and had sex = maybe your dumb azz should stop drinking so much.

Just glad I grew up, married a wonderful lady and have beautiful children. Now I teach my children to NOT to do the silly crap I did. I can only pray.

Exactly, if two drunk people have sex, why is it that the guy is raping the girl and not necessarily the other way around?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
GatorInKnox;n72442 said:

This x1000.

Raise the penalty for those that actually do commit sexual assault while we're at it. Give both sides a little more incentive to think about what they're doing.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox;n72442 said:

Doubt it happens. That is very rare due to PC nonsense. I don't think the Duke Lacrosse team accuser was ever charged if I remember correctly.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox;n72442 said:

Yep, even read where one guy tweeted that the entire argument started over Treon having pictures of another nude girl on his phone. Not going to share that one because I didn't recognize the source and the guy could be full of it. But can you imagine, instead of celebrating or enjoying what should have been one of the best nights of your young sporting life, leading Florida to a 4th quarter comeback win over a rival, and certainly thrusting yourself into the pole position as the starting qb, but instead, you're fending off some crazy broad who's trolling your cell phone for pictures hours before she accuses you of rape. Unbelievable.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What about the bulldog fan pretending to be a gator fan calling the finebaum show. I can't believe they aired that ****

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n72454 said:
What about the bulldog fan pretending to be a gator fan calling the finebaum show. I can't believe they aired that ****

It was probably the janitor that cleans Machen's office toilets.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n72454 said:

The national media is a hell hole of liars and gossip whores these days. It's more fun ruining lives than celebrating them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator