Treon Harris, we wanted you all along

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
In all seriousness, it's his team. I'm going to cheer my butt off for him.

Discuss.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Let's hope he's put his rapin' and druggin' days behind him. If Treon gets hurt we're down to a Vanderbilt transfer for QB. Yikes.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Man down, man up. Nobody really believed Grier would not get hurt during the season anyway.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This kid has an opportunity to show everybody what he can do. I don't think he is as good as Grier, but come in and play well and you will be a hero!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yep for the rest of the season. You get the sense McElwain knew this might be coming down when he didn't proclaim Grier the starter right after the 4th quarter of that Tenn game. Hopefully the team pulls together and we can still win the East.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
He's a Gator. I always rooted for him just like I always rooted for Grier and always rooted for Driskel before them.

Go Gators. Go Treon Harris!

Alex.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I'll be rooting for him. Hopefully he does well. I just don't think he's very good at all.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
I think Treon can be a decent QB. He's just not likely one that can put you on his back and carry the team.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He's got talent. His biggest issue is quick reads and making the defense pay on blitzes. He does have a better downfield pass though. Particularly wheel routes. Less velocity but more touch.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
ATXGator;n295982 said:
This kid has an opportunity to show everybody what he can do. I don't think he is as good as Grier, but come in and play well and you will be a hero!

Agree. I don't think he's as good as Grier...but it's not like Grier has been putting up huge numbers. If Treon can put up similar numbers (which shouldn't be too hard) and not turn it over I think we'll be okay.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n295983 said:
Yep for the rest of the season. You get the sense McElwain knew this might be coming down when he didn't proclaim Grier the starter right after the 4th quarter of that Tenn game. Hopefully the team pulls together and we can still win the East.
:facepalm:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We can still win every game on the schedule and even if we don't we can still win the SEC. I'll be pulling like crazy for Harris to surprise everyone. Its not like Morningwood is taking over, Harris has played plenty and won some big games.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Treon can win with this team behind him, and that's all that matters.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
GatorJ;n295989 said:
He's got talent. His biggest issue is quick reads and making the defense pay on blitzes. He does have a better downfield pass though. Particularly wheel routes. Less velocity but more touch.

He better have touch, because he has very little velocity. The routes we could run with Grier at QB, we can't run now. Treon simply doesn't have the arm. His best asset is his speed and quickness. The one plus, I think the playcalling with Treon will be very different. LSU simply has nothing much on tape to help them prepare.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Of course we'll all be cheering for him to succeed. So much so that I hope he's good enough to put Grier on the bench when he returns from being a huge dumbass.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Let's put it this way, Treon is every bit as good as LSU's Brandon Harris, in fact, maybe better. Of course, he doesn't have that o-line in front of him nor that horse wearing #7 in the backfield, but I'd take Treon over Brandon.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n295983 said:

huh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.