Treon Harris, we wanted you all along

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n296061 said:
Treon will have the support of his teammates and a whole week to get acclimated to being the starting QB again. It was never a question of not wanting him. It was simply feeling someone else is better and could do more for us. That someone isn't available so it makes it simple.

To focus on some of TH's positives, let's not forget that this was the guy that came into Neyland, with a 9 point deficit and a rabid 4th quarter crowd. Starting in Jax for the first time isn't easy either. And I think you'd be hard pressed to argue that with the current staff, he doesn't win against Usc and fsu last year. So I think he's seen enough to not be rattled by the setting or opponent. Just as WG seemed to steadily improve as he no longer felt like he was about to be yanked, I think TH may feel much more comfortable knowing that it's his job and he can just go out and make plays.

Just stop making sense right now. BTW, I just noticed your name was sofla with a L. All this time I though you were a chick named Sophia.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
When we ride in to Atlanta, the people will be asking Willy Who? Neon Treon to the rescue. As long as he doesn't fail another weed test, we can win every game thru the NC with him, he's a gamer! The best part is we have a staff that actually game plans for the players abilities, so in Mac we Trust.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We couldn't find anyone at the homeless shelter with eligibility?

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;296055 said:
Harris is more accurate with his deep passes. But his lack of velocity means those things really hang in the air. I call his deep passes punts.

Horse spit.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Treon had one of the most decorated HS careers of anyone. I don't think he ever lost. He played the highest competition and big time games and won. He's a winner and doesn't get rattled when the lights come on. We'll be fine with him. Coaches will call a little different game but the results will be the same. Gators win.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
ufgator812;n296086 said:
Horse spit.

Fact. He puts a ton of air under his deep balls. Deal with it.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The one thing we need to remember in all of this....we have an offensive staff that can actually coach and instruct Treon in a most appropriate manner. Treon didn't have that at all last year.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
We are still going to get at least 10 wins this year and we still have a great chance to go to Atlanta. We're at 6 wins now and we should beat Vandy, USCe, and FAU. That puts us at 9 wins which means we just have to go 1-2 against LSU, UGA, and FSU. Barring any significant injuries or suspensions we "should" beat UGA and FSU which puts us at 11 wins. We weren't supposed to even have a chance this year against LSU so this game is not nearly as important in the grand scheme of things. Lose this game and we still most likely go to Atlanta and still even have a good chance at the playoff.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n296061 said:
Treon will have the support of his teammates and a whole week to get acclimated to being the starting QB again. It was never a question of not wanting him. It was simply feeling someone else is better and could do more for us. That someone isn't available so it makes it simple.

To focus on some of TH's positives, let's not forget that this was the guy that came into Neyland, with a 9 point deficit and a rabid 4th quarter crowd. Starting in Jax for the first time isn't easy either. And I think you'd be hard pressed to argue that with the current staff, he doesn't win against Usc and fsu last year. So I think he's seen enough to not be rattled by the setting or opponent. Just as WG seemed to steadily improve as he no longer felt like he was about to be yanked, I think TH may feel much more comfortable knowing that it's his job and he can just go out and make plays.

Sofla dropping truth bombs as always.

Treon's got our full support, now go out there and win some f*cking football games!

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Cardale Jones. Third string QB. Championship.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Ok, I'm through mourning.
This is an incredible opportunity for Treon and I'm sure he's aware of it. He should be on his knees saying, "Thank you for another chance to prove myself." I hope he rallies the team and leads them. Go Gators!

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;296101 said:
Fact. He puts a ton of air under his deep balls. Deal with it.

I am rooting for him and the Gators, but I have seen both play and throw. There is no pass that Treon performs better than Grier, except for the one directly after puff, puff.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
AlexDaGator;n295985 said:
He's a Gator. I always rooted for him just like I always rooted for Grier and always rooted for Driskel before them.

Go Gators. Go Treon Harris!

Alex.
THIS

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
CapitalGator02;n296121 said:
Let's not forget that the East is terrible, we have tie breakers with both Tenn and Mizzou and our D is still ridiculous. Aside from the LSU game, I see no reason why we can't win out with Treon at the helm.

Exactly

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
WG is going to be living in a van down by the river if he doesn't straighten up.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Zambo;n296111 said:
Cardale Jones. Third string QB. Championship.
This comes to mind.

article-0-051E5C95000005DC-172_468x576.jpg

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We'll be ok and this staff will have our guys ready. TH will be coached as never before with the previous staff and the team will rally behind him.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Lol, anyway Harris still has more starts under his belt than Grier. Grier has played well, but that has always been qualified with the phrase "for a freshman." Its not like we are replacing Joe Montana with Bubby Brister.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Bernardo de la Paz;n296126 said:
WG is going to be living in a van down by the river if he doesn't straighten up.

Attachments

• conv_4923.png
    conv_4923.png
    126.6 KB · Views: 54

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.