Treon Harris, we wanted you all along

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The pocket presence has evaporated, I feel a dose of Urban Light coming our way. Come on Mac and Nuss, keep calling a plan with an air attack included.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If we try to run, with our OL, we lose. Plain and simple. Mac knows that.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Law98gator;n297123 said:
If we try to run, with our OL, we lose. Plain and simple. Mac knows that.
We'll need to run, just can't try to make a living at it. 60/40 P/R maybe? Hopefully we get to see why we kept hearing how Treon was beating Will in the Red Zone drills. Get some short fields and let him do his thing.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
PaulDrake;n297062 said:
First off let's get one thing straight....Finebaum is an idiot. Whatever he says isn't worthy of repeating. Let's talk about LF7 first. UT ran up 280+ yards on us and we still won. We hold LF to 200 its possible we can win. We now have a coaching staff that will not get out coached. Spare me an opinion on that otherwise. Six games in its obvious as hell Mac knows and has game. Les Miles sure as hell isn't going to outcoach him. So on that front we're good. I'm convinced our defense is the best in the nation and that includes UM with their three staight shut-outs, and if you don't believe me look up who they shut-out. Though our D is the best in the nation they can still get gassed in a punt fest and then it snowballs against us. So with this I think we are IN POSITION to win this thing with LSU. A good gameplan by Mac and Coach Nussmieir playing to Treon's strenghts might be just what we need. As for Treon vs. Will here's my take. Treon is a better athlete. His passes in open passing lanes are good enough to do the job. He's ok on reads, but nothing special. I've been reading a lot of crap on this board about Danny's marshemllow arm. Danny could read defenses like a book. He had the acuracy of a surgeon, the toughness of a marine grunt and ice water in his veins in pressure situations in his last two years. Those were overwhelming advantages for someone that wasn't able to deliever 45+ yard lasers. Treon on the other hand does not have the skills of Danny, Timmy, Rex, Chris or even Will. He'll never make those down field crossing route lasers that just kill D's like Will has demonstrated in the UT and Ole Miss game. One other thing I forgot to mention he doesn't do....turn over the ball. My fear is, despite his 10 pt. come from behind win over UT let's not forget that was UT. Treon isn't going to bring us from behind OVER 10 points. WG has that capability. WG was a work in progress with a mountain of potential with unlimited possibilites with the right coaching. Right now Treon is at optimum with his athletic abilities. I'm rooting for Treon like crazy. Is it unfair he hasn't demonstrated a capacity to put the team first over his own whimsical off field adventures? Yeah. But that's what were dealt with. WG just demonstrated the same. I don't know what lies in the future with this turn of events. But it is possible WG never takes another snap with the Gators. He and Grier aren't Mac's guys. For all I know he may be a clip board guy for the rest of his tenure here. Who knows who he might recruit between now and next August? The reality is this we have a much better coached team than last year. That's what we have and I hope its enough for a season to have some magic and high bowl aspirations. I'm an Orange & Blue bleeder and will be pulling for ALL of our guys with every fiber of my being. But I'm also a realist. Can we win. You bet we can, anything is possible with this team. But the reality is we can still get blown out as well with a gassed D. Let's just hope Mac has it covered with a smart gameplan.

GO GATORS!

One thing people tend to forget is we would have beat LSU, USCe, and FSU last year with a halfway decent offensive coach. We have more than that now, we have a brilliant offensive coach. This game comes down to two things in my opinion.

Can our DB heavy defense slow down Fournette without a deep linebacking corp?

Can Treon move the ball, control the game, and not turn the ball over?

The defense doesn't have to shut down LF, you pointed out the TN rushing stats. The defense just has to manage LF. Treon don't have to be Tim Tebow, he has to manage the game.

gator lester

Sep 13, 2015
Swamped Gator;n297484 said:
One thing people tend to forget is we would have beat LSU, USCe, and FSU last year with a halfway decent offensive coach. We have more than that now, we have a brilliant offensive coach. This game comes down to two things in my opinion.

Can our DB heavy defense slow down Fournette without a deep linebacking corp?

Can Treon move the ball, control the game, and not turn the ball over?

The defense doesn't have to shut down LF, you pointed out the TN rushing stats. The defense just has to manage LF. Treon don't have to be Tim Tebow, he has to manage the game.

very good points! I think one. Lb is back. And will we score enough to win!

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
for what it's worth powell and rolin both might be back in the mixer.

just not sure we'll be taking advantage of stuff across the middle or sideline routes to the TEs that we've been feasting on with the offense.

D will have to really shut them down AND get some turnovers so we have a short field.

the team can't just put everything on treon. everyone around him will have to play above himself.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Here it is, a taste of what's coming, in case you forgot.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
aka;n297685 said:
Here it is, a taste of what's coming, in case you forgot.
It's almost impossible to believe that a midget born with no arm could actually make those plays. That's probably CGI.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n297702 said:
It's almost hard to believe that a midget born with no arm could actually make those plays.

That's probably CGI.

I can see you're handling all this well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.