Treon Harris, we wanted you all along

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n296003 said:
Let's put it this way, Treon is every bit as good as LSU's Brandon Harris, in fact, maybe better. Of course, he doesn't have that o-line in front of him nor that horse wearing #7 in the backfield, but I'd take Treon over Brandon.

Treon is definitely the better Harris, and we can still win all the games on our schedule with him as QB. It will be interesting to see how the team rallies around Harris this Saturday.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n296000 said:
. The one plus, I think the playcalling with Treon will be very different. LSU simply has nothing much on tape to help them prepare.

Agree completely with this. LSU really doesn't know what to expect now.

Sep 29, 2015
GatorJ;n295989 said:
He does have a better downfield pass though.

Everyone talks about his feet, but he throws a better deep ball than Grier. He's also as good if not better at protecting the ball/not throwing picks.

Bottom line: he still gives us a chance to win if the D can reasonably contain Fournette.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n296019 said:
Just got the info. Didnt know what Mac said on anything.
You just asserted that coach might have known about this as early as the end of the UT game. Do you not read threads?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n295982 said:
This kid has an opportunity to show everybody what he can do. I don't think he is as good as Grier, but come in and play well and you will be a hero!

Truth, Grier can't be a hero.

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LighthouseGator;n296024 said:
Everyone talks about his feet, but he throws a better deep ball than Grier. He's also as good if not better at protecting the ball/not throwing picks.

Bottom line: he still gives us a chance to win if the D can reasonably contain Fournette.

Harris does not throw a better deep ball than Grier. Not sure where some people get this.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He's got Orange and Blue on I'm with him. Hopefully the team is PISSED off and wreaks havoc.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n296025 said:
You just asserted that coach might have known about this as early as the end of the UT game. Do you not read threads?

No I had just got on here - like I said - did he say he already knew it was a possibility?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Guess we can play ECU in the Burmingham bowl again...

Attachments

• conv_4917.jpg
    conv_4917.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 65

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n296041 said:
No I had just got on here - like I said - did he say he already knew it was a possibility?
No.

But you sure as heck sounded like it in your post lol

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Himey;n296037 said:
Harris does not throw a better deep ball than Grier. Not sure where some people get this.

Harris is more accurate with his deep passes. But his lack of velocity means those things really hang in the air. I call his deep passes punts.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We are going to have to redouble our efforts if we are going to win the natty tite this year.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Treon will have the support of his teammates and a whole week to get acclimated to being the starting QB again. It was never a question of not wanting him. It was simply feeling someone else is better and could do more for us. That someone isn't available so it makes it simple.

To focus on some of TH's positives, let's not forget that this was the guy that came into Neyland, with a 9 point deficit and a rabid 4th quarter crowd. Starting in Jax for the first time isn't easy either. And I think you'd be hard pressed to argue that with the current staff, he doesn't win against Usc and fsu last year. So I think he's seen enough to not be rattled by the setting or opponent. Just as WG seemed to steadily improve as he no longer felt like he was about to be yanked, I think TH may feel much more comfortable knowing that it's his job and he can just go out and make plays.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n296048 said:
No.

But you sure as heck sounded like it in your post lol

Well I think a coach would have a heads up if the NCAA was doing protocols they do on a positive test to retest etc. That might explain him acting funny even when Grier clearly nailed the job down in that Tenn game

Sep 29, 2015
Himey;n296037 said:

My two eyeballs. Treon appears to have a more deft touch on his deep ball accuracy. Maybe by necessity because he can't throw darts down the field, but if you want to air a pass out and have the receiver run under and catch it in stride, I think Treon does it better than Grier.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
We'll be fine. We just have to overcome the adversity. Someone shoot me.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n296061 said:
Treon will have the support of his teammates and a whole week to get acclimated to being the starting QB again. It was never a question of not wanting him. It was simply feeling someone else is better and could do more for us. That someone isn't available so it makes it simple.

To focus on some of TH's positives, let's not forget that this was the guy that came into Neyland, with a 9 point deficit and a rabid 4th quarter crowd. Starting in Jax for the first time isn't easy either. And I think you'd be hard pressed to argue that with the current staff, he doesn't win against Usc and fsu last year. So I think he's seen enough to not be rattled by the setting or opponent. Just as WG seemed to steadily improve as he no longer felt like he was about to be yanked, I think TH may feel much more comfortable knowing that it's his job and he can just go out and make plays.

Treon is a true threat with his legs too, in a different way than Grier. Grier was a good scrambler, Treon is a good runner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator