Truth Takes: 2023 Schedule Overview and Prediction

SaltGator

Midline
Lifetime Member
This absurd observation (which keeps being parroted by idiots and known haters) that our great class will flee in droves if UF only wins 5 or 6 games is laughable. Billy has recruited high-character guys who want to be Gators. They WANT to be part of this rebuild, and are sold that UF is on the rise. These guys wouldn't view a lousy season as a bad thing, because they think they can step in and help turn those tables immediately and they believe in the staff.

Everyone, get this nonsense out of your heads that UF is going to lose this class, even if we go 0-12. If some asshat bails out before ESD, he'll be replaced with someone better.
I did not say we would lose the entire class, and I am not in the dumping camp. I like everything I have seen from Napier so far except some in game decisions and play calling. We desperately need Napier to succeed. That being said, if we have a 4-8 type season, we most certainly would lose a few recruits. I do appreciate your unbridled pumperism though, keep up the good work.

SaltGator

Midline
Lifetime Member
Most certainly maybe was a poor choice of words. But if we went 4-8, you don’t think we won’t get negative recruited and hold on to every single recruit?

oxrageous

It's Good to be King
Administrator
Most certainly maybe was a poor choice of words. But if we went 4-8, you don’t think we won’t get negative recruited and hold on to every single recruit?
I never said every single one, there's always an idiot or two in the group. However, there's no chance of any kind of mass exodus and if someone does bolt, we'll flip someone from somewhere else, I'm sure of that.

jdh5484

Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
You see this? Cope’s still a Gator. F all you knitting circle bitchez!!!

Confused Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

jdh5484

Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
I did not say we would lose the entire class, and I am not in the dumping camp. I like everything I have seen from Napier so far except some in game decisions and play calling. We desperately need Napier to succeed. That being said, if we have a 4-8 type season, we most certainly would lose a few recruits. I do appreciate your unbridled pumperism though, keep up the good work.
If we look like idiots out there, like we did last year, and BN continues to mishandled clock management, we WILL lose recruits and drop out of the top 10. Good chance he loses the team too. A 4-8 season would probably do it.

Having said that ... I don't have a clue how the season will go. None. I've never felt this way. Been a Gator fan since the 80s.

This is a really young team. A new , unproven, barely able to shave DC from a dinky conference. A QB transfer with less than stellar stats and a poor showing in the O&B. A new offensive line unit (less than 15 practices together). Same with the DL.

I just have a feeling we are going to come out flat and have our a$$es handed to us against Utah.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
If we look like idiots out there, like we did last year, and BN continues to mishandled clock management, we WILL lose recruits and drop out of the top 10. Good chance he loses the team too. A 4-8 season would probably do it.

Having said that ... I don't have a clue how the season will go. None. I've never felt this way. Been a Gator fan since the 80s.

This is a really young team. A new , unproven, barely able to shave DC from a dinky conference. A QB transfer with less than stellar stats and a poor showing in the O&B. A new offensive line unit (less than 15 practices together). Same with the DL.

I just have a feeling we are going to come out flat and have our a$$es handed to us against Utah.
angry kristen wiig GIF

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member

Well as you always say, just beat the dwags

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
I agree that there are a lot of unknowns out there. I've seen anything from 3 - 9 to 9 - 3. I do know that if we beat Utah bad the optimists are going to come out and we'll start hearing predictions like how we are going to beat Georgia etc. If we lose to Utah then the pessimists will come out and say we won't even beat McNeese State etc. There's going to be ups and downs this season. For once I'd like to see our football team and yes, us the fans, weather the storm and get stronger as the season progresses and not throw in the towel like last year where we lost to Vanderbilt, FSU, and Oregon State in a row to close out the season.

Don't let the last play or the last game beat you on the next one.

Last edited:

oxrageous

It's Good to be King
Administrator

Embarrassing, even for you.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member

Look, I get it. The last ten+ years have greatly sapped everyone's optimism. I disagree we looked like idiots last year, though I'm not gonna claim we were awesome somehow. But not matter which of us is right, I do know this: based on what they saw last fall and in the off-season, enough quality recruits said they wanted to be part of it to where we are currently sitting at #3. Even a 4-8 season won't change that. CBN is not only recruiting talent, I believe he's also recruiting character (as opposed to "characters"). I've noticed there's several blue chippers in Florida that we really have not made much effort to recruit. I can't help but think part of that is the staff thinking the player is not a good fit. Maybe it's a scheme thing, but I doubt it somehow. The '22 & '23 classes firmly believe they are going to be the guys to turn the place around (as they should; right or wrong). And in their minds, a losing season just means they'll see the field sooner.

I also don't think he'll lose the team either. He's culled out quite a few guys over the last 18 months and those who have stayed have bought in. The guys you lose because of losing games are probably already gone. There's a lot more to getting guys to buy in other than wins and losses. That's what fans do. The players who feel they are getting treated right and getting good coaching - and they all know the difference at this point in their lives - will stay true.

Lastly, I think the game next week is legitimately a pick 'em game. (Though it would have been nice if Ox had given us the Vegas line!) We may lose, but I'd be very surprised if we came out flat. If he's half the coach I think he is, CBN has all spring and throughout camp been focusing on this game. He's no doubt also been beating into their heads how all the pundits say the Gators aren't any good. I believe they'll come out with a chip on their shoulders and will have it minimum for the whole month of September. Getting back to next week, they are a playing a top 10 team on the road in the first game of the season on national TV. They will be hyped and have something to prove.

jdh5484

Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
I agree that there are a lot of unknowns out there. I've seen anything from 3 - 9 to 9 - 3. I do know that if we beat Utah bad the optimists are going to come out and we'll start hearing predictions like how we are going to beat Georgia etc. If we lose to Utah then the pessimists will come out and say we won't even beat McNeese State etc. There's going to be ups and downs this season. For once I'd like to see our football team and yes, us the fans, weather the storm and get stronger as the season progresses and not throw in the towel like last year where we lost to Vanderbilt, FSU, and Oregon State in a row to close out the season.

Don't let the last play or the last game beat you on the next one.
Win or lose to Utah, in a close, physical, well played and schemed game, then it bodes well for the progression of the season. The w-l record isn't as important. 6-6 to 8-4. And we have a top 5 class.

If we win big (by 2 EARNED scores) and physically dominate, controlling the clock, establishing the run and playing solid defense, then 8-4 10-2 is possible. However, it's still most important to progress as a team. So even 6-6 is still OK and we still get a top 5 class.

UF we lose big (Utah EARNS the scores) then BN and staff have a very tough row to hoe. And, there's a good chance by the end of the season, he loses the team and the class sinks below top 10 (13th last season... which isn't winning championships)

Just beat the leghumpers and finish with a top 8 or better class.

Last edited:

jdh5484

Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Look, I get it. The last ten+ years have greatly sapped everyone's optimism. I disagree we looked like idiots last year, though I'm not gonna claim we were awesome somehow. But not matter which of us is right, I do know this: based on what they saw last fall and in the off-season, enough quality recruits said they wanted to be part of it to where we are currently sitting at #3. Even a 4-8 season won't change that. CBN is not only recruiting talent, I believe he's also recruiting character (as opposed to "characters"). I've noticed there's several blue chippers in Florida that we really have not made much effort to recruit. I can't help but think part of that is the staff thinking the player is not a good fit. Maybe it's a scheme thing, but I doubt it somehow. The '22 & '23 classes firmly believe they are going to be the guys to turn the place around (as they should; right or wrong). And in their minds, a losing season just means they'll see the field sooner.

I also don't think he'll lose the team either. He's culled out quite a few guys over the last 18 months and those who have stayed have bought in. The guys you lose because of losing games are probably already gone. There's a lot more to getting guys to buy in other than wins and losses. That's what fans do. The players who feel they are getting treated right and getting good coaching - and they all know the difference at this point in their lives - will stay true.

Lastly, I think the game next week is legitimately a pick 'em game. (Though it would have been nice if Ox had given us the Vegas line!) We may lose, but I'd be very surprised if we came out flat. If he's half the coach I think he is, CBN has all spring and throughout camp been focusing on this game. He's no doubt also been beating into their heads how all the pundits say the Gators aren't any good. I believe they'll come out with a chip on their shoulders and will have it minimum for the whole month of September. Getting back to next week, they are a playing a top 10 team on the road in the first game of the season on national TV. They will be hyped and have something to prove.
The Big Lebowski Film GIF by The Good Films

oxrageous

It's Good to be King
Administrator
UF we lose big (Utah EARNS the scores) then BN and staff have a very tough row to hoe. And, there's a good chance by the end of the season, he loses the team and the class sinks below top 10 (13th last season... which isn't winning championships)
Good Christ. Loses the team, really?

Get laid.

deuce

"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
The biggest problem I see in the Utah game is the Altitude. You just can't train in Florida for thin air. On the bright side, one of the benefits of having a bunch of Big Butts on the field is that even when they are tired you still have to run around them!

Go Gators!!!!!

I predict, a close game with too many holding calls to overcome.

29 - 24 ....... Mormons!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.