Truth Takes: 2023 Schedule Overview and Prediction

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I agree that there are a lot of unknowns out there. I've seen anything from 3 - 9 to 9 - 3. I do know that if we beat Utah bad the optimists are going to come out and we'll start hearing predictions like how we are going to beat Georgia etc. If we lose to Utah then the pessimists will come out and say we won't even beat McNeese State etc. There's going to be ups and downs this season. For once I'd like to see our football team and yes, us the fans, weather the storm and get stronger as the season progresses and not throw in the towel like last year where we lost to Vanderbilt, FSU, and Oregon State in a row to close out the season.

Don't let the last play or the last game beat you on the next one.
This is insanely accurate.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I think this is like the 2nd pro gator tweet from him that's been posted recently. Why did he transfer? He really screwed himself. Anyone hear anything on what happened here?
Here is what I think... he's starting to mature, realizes he probably f'd up, and really wishes he had been at UF under a coach like Napier vs what he had while here... let's review (because I got to see him play in HS and read a lot about him at that time up through his decision):
  • He was an 18 year old, very talented, punk from the WORST part of Pensacola. He was a notch above Purifoy who we also got from Pensacola.
  • Everyone, including his Mom, thought he was going to Bama, and he probably (i.e., DEFINITELY) should have.
  • Somehow a fraud convinced him to come to UF.
  • We're pretty unanimous here regarding how much "coaching" was going on.
  • He was immature and probably didn't put in the work to go with his natural talent.
  • He transfered. And I know I'll get beat up for this, but where he went wasn't a bad decision as a WR given the Dan Enos/baby Tua thing).
  • He left early for the NFL (maybe because Enos left for Arkansas).
  • He's starting to mature now, and still feels like a Gator, not a f'n turtle.
How many guys like Copeland did we absolutely f'n WASTE over the last 10 years?

It's why I didn't like hating on him and guys like EJ (or any of our damn QBs), or even Dean and Cox Jr. over the last 10 years... none of those guys had "off field"/character issues that I can think of, they were all failed by incompetent frauds.

Last edited:

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Here is what I think... he's starting to mature, realizes he probably f'd up, and really wishes he had been at UF under a coach like Napier vs what he had while here... let's review (because I got to see him play in HS and read a lot about him at that time up through his decision):
  • He was an 18 year old, very talented, punk from the WORST part of Pensacola.
  • Everyone, including his Mom, thought he was going to Bama, and he probably (i.e., DEFINITELY) should have.
  • He was immature and probably didn't put in the work to go with his natural talent.
  • He transfered. And I know I'll get beat up for this, but where he went wasn't a bad decision as a WR given the Dan Enos/baby Tua thing).

It's why I didn't like hating on him and guys like EJ (or any of our damn QBs), or even Dean and Cox Jr. over the last 10 years... none of those guys had "off field"/character issues that I can think of, they were all failed by incompetent frauds.
Deet, this is how I feel about a ton of our former players. Heck, its how I feel about some that transferred out after this year for one reason or another. Some needed to go, some shouldn't have been here but for the last staff recruiting too many tweeners, and some were probably getting out of dodge before they were in another Toney defense. Remember, it wasn't until after NSD that Toney's departure was announced. Heck, I'm still not sure we get the three young WR's in if Billy G. in for Colbert was known at the time.

Reminds me of a story I have and this has always stuck with me. In 2010, my mom took my brother, wife and I to NYC for a different kind of Christmas because my dad had passed in July. We went to a Knicks/Bulls game on Christmas because my brother and I wanted to go to Madison Square Garden. Next to me a guy brought his son and when a player (and I don't remember who it was at the moment) was announced for the Bulls, the dad clapped. The son asked why his dad was cheering for a player on the other team. The dad explained that the player used to be a Knick and that even though he's gone, he did his best for the Knicks and therefore, he would always have his respect. Unless guys go out trashing the program (and there are standards on that for me because there are times where we've learned transfers have been right), my general rule is I'm good with them.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
  • He was an 18 year old, very talented, punk from the WORST part of Pensacola. He was a notch above Purifoy who we also got from Pensacola.

Cope was signed by the Titans as an UDFA, waived a few weeks ago, then signed by the Vikes. Had one catch for 18 yards yesterday. Likely fighting for a spot on the practice squad. Brandon Powell’s on the Vikes now too; glad to see him off the Rams. Captain Kirk’s going to love that dude.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
We were bad last year. Despite that, we should’ve beaten Vandy and Kentucky. We could’ve beaten TN, LSU, and FSU with either mediocre QB play or a mediocre defense. As bad as we were we weren’t that far off. I don’t think we’re going to do special things this year but I’m cautiously optimistic. If Mertz is a solid game manager, the defense has a pulse, and the offensive line is solid we could absolutely surprise some people. None of those three things are a stretch to imagine.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So every game is a toss up that aren’t the two gimme games at home and two games against UGA and LSU. Riveting.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Deet, this is how I feel about a ton of our former players. Heck, its how I feel about some that transferred out after this year for one reason or another. Some needed to go, some shouldn't have been here but for the last staff recruiting too many tweeners, and some were probably getting out of dodge before they were in another Toney defense. Remember, it wasn't until after NSD that Toney's departure was announced. Heck, I'm still not sure we get the three young WR's in if Billy G. in for Colbert was known at the time.

Reminds me of a story I have and this has always stuck with me. In 2010, my mom took my brother, wife and I to NYC for a different kind of Christmas because my dad had passed in July. We went to a Knicks/Bulls game on Christmas because my brother and I wanted to go to Madison Square Garden. Next to me a guy brought his son and when a player (and I don't remember who it was at the moment) was announced for the Bulls, the dad clapped. The son asked why his dad was cheering for a player on the other team. The dad explained that the player used to be a Knick and that even though he's gone, he did his best for the Knicks and therefore, he would always have his respect. Unless guys go out trashing the program (and there are standards on that for me because there are times where we've learned transfers have been right), my general rule is I'm good with them.
I’m especially forgiving of those guys who transferred to get away from the bad 3Ms.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
To me UGA is the only game we're likely to lose. LSU sucks balls.
LSU had a lot of freshman starting last year.
Being year 2 will help them even more with Kelly.

LSU will win the west.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This crap about LSU being "back" because they got lucky in a ton of games last year doesn't fly with me. The assertion they are winning the West is laughable. The fans will be calling for Kelly's firing by the middle of the season.

Don't be surprised if FSU beats them this week.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
This crap about LSU being "back" because they got lucky in a ton of games last year doesn't fly with me. The assertion they are winning the West is laughable. The fans will be calling for Kelly's firing by the middle of the season.

Don't be surprised if FSU beats them this week.
Trying to move the Pick 'Em betting, are we?

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
LSU won’t win the west, but they will beat F$U easily.

They’re probably looking at a 9-3 or 8-4 type season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.