Truth Takes: 2023 Schedule Overview and Prediction

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
LSU won’t win the west, but they will beat F$U easily.

They’re probably looking at a 9-3 or 8-4 type season.
Def pulling for LSU. fsu has a lot of momentum recruiting and though in the weak ACC, a 10-2 type season makes them appear to be primed for a playoff run. Really want fsu to lose badly to the two SEC teams they face regular season.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Part of the reason for such variance between 3-9 and 9-3 is that while this roster has undeniable talent--there's also a lot of noticeable weakness that come from Dipchit Dan's lack of recruiting. We're a very young team this year facing a difficult schedule. Look at the 05 Gator team that was profiled on Swamp Kings. Who's the Brandon Siler last year (or this year for that matter)? We don't have one...and to be clear: that's entirely on Mullen. I do believe Napier is fixing that and recruiting high-character in addition to talent. Assuming he stays, our locker room will look very different in a few years.

But one thing that's nagging at me this off-season is Napier not getting an OC. We didn't exactly have a great offense last year and time management was an issue in multiple games. When the margin between 3-9 and 9-3, such things are definitely relevant to winning an extra game or two.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Part of the reason for such variance between 3-9 and 9-3 is that while this roster has undeniable talent--there's also a lot of noticeable weakness that come from Dipchit Dan's lack of recruiting. We're a very young team this year facing a difficult schedule. Look at the 05 Gator team that was profiled on Swamp Kings. Who's the Brandon Siler last year (or this year for that matter)? We don't have one...and to be clear: that's entirely on Mullen. I do believe Napier is fixing that and recruiting high-character in addition to talent. Assuming he stays, our locker room will look very different in a few years.

But one thing that's nagging at me this off-season is Napier not getting an OC. We didn't exactly have a great offense last year and time management was an issue in multiple games. When the margin between 3-9 and 9-3, such things are definitely relevant to winning an extra game or two.
I believe we will be as good or better than last season. Could we be worse? Agree with the Ute poster pointing out that a lot of damage was done by AR's legs and that we do not have that this year. But we are a big, strong team, and hopefully the staff has the team physically ready to play big boy football.

Agree that Napier as OC is an experiment, one we could do without. He needs someone sharp and in control making decisions. To me, he's taking on too much. We are all hoping that his staff helps him make decisions in-game as it appeared last season there was too much confusion, or Napier was just indecisive. My worst fear at the moment is our offense being too sophomoric where teams with speed and coverage skills can shut it down. We'll see.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Out of everything Billy is doing, this is my main concern. I pray he shows me otherwise.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
This week feels like 1980 to me. The Gators were coming off 0-10-1, underdogs against a Pac-8 team (but in Tampa.) They destroyed Cal 41-13 and went 8-4. The difference was largely psychological, resolve that pulled them together, drove the off-season and got them through the ups and downs.

I sure hope we will see such improvement. 8-4 is a step we need to take.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
This week feels like 1980 to me. The Gators were coming off 0-10-1, underdogs against a Pac-8 team (but in Tampa.) They destroyed Cal 41-13 and went 8-4. The difference was largely psychological, resolve that pulled them together, drove the off-season and got them through the ups and downs.

I sure hope we will see such improvement. 8-4 is a step we need to take.
One "run, Lindsay, run" from the SEC Title.

Gatorphan

Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Last year the offense averaged 29 points a game, the defense also allowed 29 points a game. I’d say the latter is what cost us most games. We gave up 45 to LSU and and FSU. We better fix that first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.