Two Freshman WRs arrested

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I've been shot by a bb gun more times than I can count. Good times.

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Threw a beer can out of the window of my truck at 16 coming home from melon field, Can bounced off a FHP car hood and trooper kept going straight when I turned for home..... phew... (this was in 79)

And I have a .177 air rifle that will hurl a BB @ 900+ feet per second..... Sounds like a 22 rifle going off. Edit: Scary part is everybody over 18 can buy one at any Kmart, Wally World, Dicks, etc with zero background checks.

Thugs?, No, Just stupid. Maybe their attorney will ask for the same charges Jameis got

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
That is still crazy getting a 2nd degree felony charge for BB guns. I know the statute allows it but damn.
Some of these BB guns have a muzzle velocity of up to 1000 FPS. I have a 22 cal, 1 pump air rifle that shoots at 850 FPS, the same muzzle velocity of a .22 short. I doubt it was the kind of BB gun used in Christmas Story. Regardless, we might not think it so petty if the rounds were coming into our living room.

They sure looked purty in their green and whites. "Hey, Tyree. Let's go shoot some dorm windows out." "Good idea Ricky." Just plain moronic.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's still MURDER!
protectedimage.php

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well........shyt.

Guys you learned something on what not to do. Learn from it and don't do that again.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think t-gator is the first person to ever have two posts in the same thread with 10+ likes. He may be the last person we would have ever guessed to hold that record.
Make that 3!

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
It's a BB Gun for Gods sake!

The only way it can seriously hurt you is to shoot you in the eye from 20 ft away. It won't shatter glass and it won't do anything other than make a blood blister on exposed skin. It's just a BB gun, not an RPG!

Our whole country has become pussified!

First of all that is incorrect. The rear window of my truck was shot out with a BB gun. True story. So I'm sure a dorm window would stand no chance. May be a different story if your son or daughter had their eye shot out while away at college from some kids acting silly. Never fire anything into a dwelling.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Look I'm certainly not one who wants these kids to serve time but other than destroying property did anyone else think of the position that these 2 could potentially have put them selves into...I light of recent situations 2 guys walking around pointing a gun at ANYTHING could have led to an altercation with LEO's, and who knows what might have happened at that point. I mean it hasn't been that long since we've had on campus shootings around the country.

And for those who keep saying "it was only a BB gun", I for one am not going to take the time to ask what kind of gun someone is pointing at me or my property before returning hot lead and neither might a LEO who's most important responsibility is to go home at the end of his shift......This dumbassery does not need to be swept under the rug regardless of the legal outcome. I really don't believe a 1,2 or 3 game suspension is enough as football is probably the most important thing in their young lives.....suspend them for the season with no second chance given.....for the next 4 years.

For the poster who said any injury from a BB gun would be minimal.....bull****. A .177 caliber air rifle with 10-12 pumps on it carries about as much potency as a 22 caliber rifle and could be potentially lethal at a close range and could still cause serious injury ruining someone else life.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Have we convicted them of murder yet? We clearly having them shooting out thousands of dollars of glass, without evidence to support it, right?

If I were a betting man, my bet would be airsoft (soft plastic) bbs. Thats what these kids like, to look like Call of Duty. They dont buy $400 single shot Gamo hunting guns.

Im sure it was still a heinous violent murderous spree though, right?

Id probably also chew the ass of any cop that wasted my time with this shyt unless there were some other circumstances to indicate a thorough asschewing and threats of charging him with two counts the next time wasnt enough.

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Have we convicted them of murder yet? We clearly having them shooting out thousands of dollars of glass, without evidence to support it, right?

If I were a betting man, my bet would be airsoft (soft plastic) bbs. Im sure it was still a heinous violent murderous spree though, right?

Id probably also chew the ass of any cop that wasted my time with this shyt unless there were some other circumstances.
Really.....in light of what's happened recently? I get what they did....it was a prank. But it could have led to disaster. I also agree it shouldn't tie up the legal system but from the University and teams POV there should be some serious consequences.
Don't worry man, we've got enough WR's this year......

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I assume that if glass were broken, we are talking about an air rifle. To me, a BB gun is a one is a spring loaded weak toy.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

If I were a betting man, my bet would be airsoft (soft plastic) bbs. Thats what these kids like, to look like Call of Duty. They dont buy $400 single shot Gamo hunting guns.

Id probably also chew the ass of any cop that wasted my time with this shyt unless there were some other circumstances to indicate a thorough asschewing and threats of charging him with two counts the next time wasnt enough.

That is how I see it also. If I was the head of the UPD I would be talking with that officer about using some common sense discretion after looking at the circumstances when charging something like that and that the State can add that charge if they feel it is warranted. A felony arrest like that follows you the rest of your life even if it is quickly dismissed or reduced to a misdemeanor.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
First of all that is incorrect. The rear window of my truck was shot out with a BB gun. True story. So I'm sure a dorm window would stand no chance. May be a different story if your son or daughter had their eye shot out while away at college from some kids acting silly. Never fire anything into a dwelling.
Your rear (and side) windows are safety glass that is designed to crack into tiny pieces on impact, even pretty light, impact. Your front windshield is laminated and wont break easily.

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Wow, I have a nearly identical story. Picked up an old busted Bob's barricade laying in a ditch. Grand theft and trespassing on a construction site. Didn't tell my parents. Went to court. Dismissed with Nolle Prosequi, or something like that. Had to do community service and 6 months probation. Trying to study my physics book was interesting in that office. But, I also have to explain it every where I go.

I hope these 2 learned their lesson.

Wait. I think I dated Noelle after college. Glad she got dismissed too. :whistle:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

The article said they had the two guys on surveillance shooting at the windows, then used their keycard entries to identify them. Then one (or both?) of the players admitted to it. At that point they should have just charged them for the windows and maybe a misdemeanor. This felonious BS is BS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator