Two Freshman WRs arrested

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If you were found innocent, I don't believe that would show up on a background check would it?

Also, the story I read said it went down around 6:45.....it took campus PD till 3am to identify them via surv. video and match that to their ID's.

Yeah it shows up as a felony arrest. Also shows that I was acquitted though. Not sure of the particulars... have to ask 'Law. But the arrest is still present. At the time I could have had it espounged (sp?) from my record but it was like $500 and I didn't have the money.

I actually used a public defender through the whole process and didn't tell my parents. In retrospect that was stupid. They would have helped me and I'm sure would have shelled out the money to clear my record. When I finally told them years later they were incensed that I didn't let them help me. But it was a weird time for me. I was trying to be on my own. I fell in love with a girl and we were getting married. We got married one week after my 20th birthday. The warrant actually came in the mail a couple days before the wedding... so I was a wanted man while on our honey moon (And not just by the Ol Lady...) Not that anyone was looking for me or anything but I was paranoid about be pulled over by a state trooper the entire time.

I always thought that was weird though. If someone is arrested and then found innocent, shouldn't the arrest be deleted by the state. I got jammed up on some BS charges by a part-time, red neck, pissed off, sheriffs deputy and was found to be "NOT GUILTY" in a COURT OF LAW and now I have to shell out my hard earned money to clear my name for a sh!t charge that never should have happened in the first case?!?!? Where is the JUSTICE in that???

Anyway, I just celebrated my 41st birthday (it was celebrated despite not having a happy b'day "Alagator" thread on my favorite website) and me and that sweet girl, who took a chance on this wanted man, just celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The more I think about it this is a total joke them being charged like that unless there is more to this story. Imagine if you had an 18 year old son that went to UF that was horseplaying with some people in the dorm area and they shot BB guns at each other's back or something and ended up cracking a window and got charged with the same level charge that someone that commits DUI manslaughter gets charged with. Their future could likely be ruined if they planned on working for others. Most companies now just toss any applicant/job seeker that shows a felony arrest period let alone whether its reduced or the charge dropped.
Not to mention never being able to vote or own a gun

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
I think and hope that both are already a whole lot smarter due to the experience. Coach Mac will provide additional educational reinforcement. And hopefully one lesson will be enough.

Raise your hand if you didn't do a single dumb thing between 17 and 22 .... just like I thought, I'm not seeing any hands.

Yankeetown

Gator MBA '84
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Also, we need some of you fellows (or ladies) who have handyman skills to rush over to the dorm, fix the damage, and submit an invoice for $13.29.

Makes it hard to assert that the damage was > $1000 if it was actually fixed for less than 1/50th of that.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When I was a 19 year old kid I spent one summer day drinking all day on the beach. Me and a buddy had to catch a ride home in the back of another buddy's pickup truck. Being kinda drunk and stupid we starting throwing ice at each other, throwing it out the side of the truck, etc. One piece of ice hit the side of an F150 pickup truck going the other way. The guy in the pickup turned around, caught up to us at the next light, flashed hid badge, and demand that we pull over.

Turned out he was a part-time, reserve sheriffs deputy. After he got finished cussing me out, he took my information and sent us on our way. A few weeks later I got a warrant for my arrest in the mail and was told to go "turn myself in." They charged me with a felony charge of "projecting a deadly missile"... Long story short, I plead not guilty and went to trial. After about a two minute jury deliberation they came back and found me "not guilty". Every job I've had since college I've had to explain that situation because there is a record of a being "charged" with a felony even though I was found innocent. I am glad I didn't take my lawyers recommendation and accept a plea deal.

The point is sometimes kids to stupid things, especially when alcohol is involved and I'm guessing at 3 in the morning that alcohol was involved. Now these kids have got to know better. They are representing the university. Being up at 3AM was stupid. Having a BB gun on campus was STUPID. But hopefully they'll learn from this and grow up in a hurry. I am one of the BIGGEST supporters of law enforcement. But sometimes a little common sense goes a long way. The cops did their job and I don't blame them for that. I only question whether it was really necessary to charge them with a felony???

This sounds incredibly similar to something that happened to me when I was like 15 years old. Not a felony tho, just a misdemeanor. Overzealous LEO. Alachua county by chance? Might've been the same overzealous deputy...

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I hate to jinx it, but we haven't had a single arrest this off-season! Great job by the players and coaching staff!

Kirby is having a tough go at UGA w/ six arrests:

https://www.seccountry.com/sec/sec-arrests-by-team-halfway-through-2016

Why are we fighting among ourselves? If we are looking for someone to blame I don't think we have to look any further....

This coming from the same poster who was making inflammatory remarks and was derailing this very thread. I think we have a traitor boys and girls. I think that two hour Vacay needs to last through the rest of the off season. This may be the only way to assure we have no further incidents.

And BMF, before you get you panties in a wad and start calling me a retard or a dummy... this is just a joke...

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This sounds incredibly similar to something that happened to me when I was like 15 years old. Not a felony tho, just a misdemeanor. Overzealous LEO. Alachua county by chance? Might've been the same overzealous deputy...

I don't think the deputy charges anyone, correct? That's the state attorney's office, right?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think the deputy charges anyone, correct? That's the state attorney's office, right?
Well, it was the deputy that thought what I did was worth following me home and arresting me over it.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah. Some are just azzholes.
For the record, it was agreed upon in my hearing that I would pay for the repairs and all charges would be dropped. However, when I enlisted in the Navy, they could still see I'd been arrested and had to have a waiver in order to enlist thanks to this jerk.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Nah... Not Alachua. I kept thinking they would throw the case out eventually. My defense attorney told me the DA had been under pressure to prosecute more cases and I was just a victim of circumstance, in that he wasn't throwing anything out that year... politics I guess...They were pressuring me big time to take a plea deal (probably because he knew it was a case he couldn't win) but it was a matter of principal for me so I never caved. Took it all the way to trial. The buddy who was in the back of the truck with me turned out to be a good friend. He had two exams there at UF the day of the trial that he managed to get rescheduled and drove all the way to P'cola for the trial to testify on my behalf.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Furthermore what the f vck are they doing up at 3.00 in the morning.....Don't they have 6.00AM workouts? Real committed guys they must be....:rolleyes3:
When I was 18, staying out drinking till four and getting up at 530 for wasn't shcit.

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
Of course, there is often more to the story, so I may be wrong, but...

1. I shot a BB gun so many times when I was a kid, it wasn't funny. In the city. But not at windows. I guess that's different. Especially if the building is occupied.
2. Get Saban on the case and those boys will walk free! :D

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
... but, but didn't these guys pass the background checks ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator