UCF has a coach, quarterback and team on the rise. Should we go after Scott Frost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
UCF SOS at 61 right now. They do play Navy and USF so that will help but the other teams they play are 1-5, 3-3, 3-3, 4-2 so it will probably stay around 60-70...They need to be in a better conference
They would outright beat 75% of the teams in P5 conferences right now and give all others a run for their money. All with supposed 2nd and third tier talent. That is called coaching.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
So lets say a trade was available, Mac for Frost. Takers?

Where do I sign before someone changes their mind.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
There's 100 coaches id take in trade. But that's not an option.
Whoever we go with next we are going to be stuck with just like chump and Mac. Not interested in taking another chance.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I say we tie Butters to the back of the Family Truckster and go for a drive.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'd like to see UCF play an SEC or ACC type schedule. We will see how they do in their bowl game IF they play a top 15 team...

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'd like to see UCF play an SEC or ACC type schedule. We will see how they do in their bowl game IF they play a top 15 team...

This is such a silly argument. They play against the teams in their conference. It's what Urban Meyer did when he built his legend before getting the UF gig. It's what many, many successful coaches have done.

If you're discounting turning an 0-12 team two years ago into what he's built it into, you're blind or foolish. Period. And honestly, this UCF team is probably a top 4 SEC team this year.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Why Scott Frost should be just as coveted as Tom Herman was for any SEC coaching vacancy

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/frost-vacancy-sec-coveted-herman-2017/

Frost1-718x490.jpg

In the first College Football Playoff National Championship Game, two young, offensive wizards stood on opposite sidelines.

One was 39-year-old Ohio State offensive coordinator Tom Herman. His meteoric rise in the coaching profession hit new heights when third-string Buckeye quarterback Cardale Jones led the Buckeyes to dominant showings in the Big Ten Championship and in the College Football Playoff semifinal against Alabama.

The other coach was 40-year-old Oregon offensive coordinator Scott Frost. After becoming a staple on Chip Kelly’s staff, Frost stayed under Mark Helfrich to lead the Ducks’ high-powered attack. In the second year of the post-Kelly era, Frost led the No. 4 offense in the country and was the mastermind behind Marcus Mariota’s Heisman Trophy season.

Herman’s offense won a shootout that night, and Herman got his first gig as a head coach at Houston. Frost, meanwhile, waited another year before he also left to take over an American Athletic Conference program.

After two seasons at Houston, Herman became the most coveted head coach candidate in America. LSU swung and missed on a chance to land Herman, and he went to Texas. Had there been more SEC openings, Herman would’ve had even more interest.

This offseason, there could be plenty of SEC jobs available. The likes of Arkansas, Ole Miss, Tennessee and Texas A&M could all have vacancies.

They’d be wise not to whiff on Frost.

Frost2-1024x512.jpg

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
From Stuart Mandel's mailbag:

Is Scott Frost to Nebraska inevitable at this point?

Chris Fort, Chicago, Ill.

No, definitely not.

I realize that connection seemingly makes all the sense in the world. But even if we assume for the sake of this question that Mike Riley is out at the end of the season, I wouldn’t guarantee either that Nebraska would offer Frost the job or that he would accept it.

Keep in mind, three years ago when the school fired Bo Pelini it never even called Frost, then the offensive coordinator at Oregon coaching Marcus Mariota to a Heisman Trophy and national title game appearance. Obviously, two things have changed since then. 1) Frost now has head-coaching experience, and in fact has had great success at UCF and 2) The decision-makers at Nebraska have completely changed over.

It’s hard to say whether the latter will positively or negatively impact Frost’s chances. How important will they consider it for candidates to have a connection to the Huskers’ past?

But let’s say interim AD Dave Rimington (or whoever might assume that job between now and then) decides to make a run at Frost. By no means do I think it’s a given he’ll go running back to Lincoln. For one thing, he’s just getting it going at UCF. He really likes it there. By no means do I think he’ll never move up to a Power 5 job, but maybe he doesn’t make that move after two seasons.

But more telling, Frost was very patient and very selective in landing his first head-coaching job. What drew him to UCF in particular was the abundance of speed and talent right in the school’s backyard that fits his system so well. As he knows, there is very little of that in Nebraska. Were a school in a more fertile area to come calling — say, UCLA or any number of SEC programs — he might prefer that.

I suppose it would depend on just how much of an affinity Frost holds toward his home state and his alma mater. Maybe I’m overthinking it and he could never turn that place down. Or maybe his intimate knowledge of that state and program make him keenly aware of its present-day limitations.

TheSaintThing05

Founding Member
Frost or death
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
I would literally saw off my own arm for Scott Frost to be the UF head coach. If Im Stricklin and we finish like 5-6 and are still horrid on offense, I'm firing the **** out of Mac and driving a Brinks truck full of cash to Frost's house.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah I'd love to have him here no doubt about it. We have the money to get him here too! Most profitable football school in the state baby!!

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
UCF had an 0-12 record but they were not an 0-12 team. They had won thier conference the previous two seasons. The gave up on O'Leary in 2015. UCF had won 12, 10, 9 the previous seasons. Anybody with a pulse would have gone 6-7 in 2016. There's nothing remarkable about that record. He's 4-0 this season with only Navy and USF that has any pulse coming up. Waaayyy too early to make a judgment on Frost.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
what you think? Young energetic guy. Would be a great recruiter/motivator. Get in on him early and he is a gator for the long haul. I think he would love / embrace the challenge and promise him the world if he's successful. We are way over due on a game changing (for the better) coach. I like strong but Frost may be the youth we need to sustain.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Double his salary now from UCF. He would win big here. UCF is a stepping stone college job until they get into a Power 5 conference.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
If he shows any promise, then this administration won't bother going after him. They probably have their eye on some average FCS coach from the west coast nobody has ever heard of.

TheSaintThing05

Founding Member
Frost or death
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Could there be a set of events going in motion at the same time that could lead to Strick firing Mac and going all in on Frost?

I was debating of making a thread about this theory, but I figured id put it right here.

I know most of us think Butters is getting his fourth year, even though he doesn't deserve it. Maybe Strick sees UGA's meteoric rise, coupled with Scott Frost kicking butt at UCF, and realizes he has to make a move now to keep up with the Dawgs in the East. I know I damn sure would.

So what Im saying is maybe UGA skyrocketing is a good thing for the time being. Perhaps it'll force Strick's hand and make him go in a different direction. I could see a situation where UGA is 12-0 going into the SEC championship game vs 12-0 Bama in another one of those "Game of the Century" type deals.

Who knows, maybe all this is wishful thinking, but it's something to think about. What do you guys think?

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That would be great but if anything a uga/Bama game will probably make Strick think we need to sick with butters or go with another Saban coordinator
:facepalm:

FlGator19382

Oct 7, 2017
That would be great but if anything a uga/Bama game will probably make Strick think we need to sick with butters or go with another Saban coordinator
:facepalm:

Why is it that our administration thinks that just because a coach looked great under Saban that it means their gonna do well here? Hell Saban was able to make Nusschamp look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator