UF and Mac in a 10:30 AM Sunday meeting

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
No I was just trying to be funny. I was not bagging on you. I am just piling on Butters. In fact I wouldn't mind doing a Jimmy "Super Fly" Snuka (may he rest in peace) off the top rope and onto the Butters pile.

Wow, you lost me with the snuka reference.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014

There’s quite a few others as well.

God I HOPE AND PRAY Tennessee hires Petrino! I’ve said for years the guy sucks...there should be no doubt in anybody’s mind after his loss today that I’m right. We’d own those clowns for another 10 years if they bring him on board!

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
God I HOPE AND PRAY Tennessee hires Petrino! I’ve said for years the guy sucks...there should be no doubt in anybody’s mind after his loss today that I’m right. We’d own those clowns for another 10 years if they bring him on board!

Didn’t see what loovlle did today, but one game doesn’t define a coach. I don’t want to see petrino at ut.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Didn’t see what loovlle did today, but one game doesn’t define a coach. I don’t want to see petrino at ut.

Just look at this season YTD. They suck. Or go back and see how he’s made a career of blowing a few games every year that costs his team a great season. The guy’s azz also tightens up during the biggest games and his vaunted offense disappears.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Just look at this season YTD. They suck. Or go back and see how he’s made a career of blowing a few games every year that costs his team a great season. The guy’s azz also tightens up during the biggest games and his vaunted offense disappears.

Maybe so, but he’s still more dangerous than butch.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

Not defending Petrino and I can't stand him for lots of reasons, but Petrino mailed it in and put his feelers out a month or so ago when he knew Jurich was going to get fired. Jurich is the only reason Petrino is at U of L and Petrino knows without Jurich his days are numbered. He will take more secret meetings now than he did the last time he was the HC at UofL.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Not defending Petrino and I can't stand him for lots of reasons, but Petrino mailed it in and put his feelers out a month or so ago when he knew Jurich was going to get fired. Jurich is the only reason Petrino is at U of L and Petrino knows without Jurich his days are numbered. He will take more secret meetings now than he did the last time he was the HC at UofL.

I believe Petrino has a very large buyout that he has to pay Louisville if he quits. I recall reading that adding that to the contract was the only way UL would take him back after he fcvked them over the first time. It doesn’t mean it can’t be worked around but it does add another layer of complexity, for what it’s worth.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I believe Petrino has a very large buyout that he has to pay Louisville if he quits. I recall reading that adding that to the contract was the only way UL would take him back after he fcvked them over the first time. It doesn’t mean it can’t be worked around but it does add another layer of complexity, for what it’s worth.

Petrino's buyout is cut in half if Jurich is not the AD, That is verbatim from the contract.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
True but that’s like being the tallest midget in the room. Plus, it keeps them from getting an even higher quality HC.

Disagree that he’s merely a taller midget. Also, ut’s track record for coaching hires looks similar to foley’s, sans a Meyer on their list.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
You should run him over, back up, and run him over again for good measure.

DONE! Send bail money on my behalf to the Duval County Jail. Wait...did I just eff us out of our opportunity to fire him for cause by making a death threat? Damn, I’m an idiot...I just gave him his proof! :banghead:

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
I think the "cause" could be that in his contract he could be terminated without paying for the buyout if he did or said anything that put the university in a bad light. His words definitely put the fan base in a bad light and could hurt the team in recruiting, not to mention that it is embarrassing to the university.
Would the fact that he puts that joke of a team on the field every week qualify as "putting the university in a bad light"?
Or how about the fact that he has no earthly idea on how to develop quarterbacks. Might that "hurt recruiting"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.