Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Attachments

• conv_2386.jpg
    conv_2386.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 34

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Do we like the hire? Isn't that what we were told? I am not passing judgement; it is that we need someone with a little more experiance IMHO. Hell he might be the "Billy D" of WRs coaches for all I know, but I was hoping for someone with NFL or at least SEC time under their belt is all.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Can someone please explain why you hire a no-name lifetime running backs coach to coach the wide receivers? This doesn't make sense other than a desperation hire

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The guy appears to have good recruiting connections, has a good track record with running backs and is sharp enough to contribute to the offensive game plan. He does everything except coach wide receivers.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n174970 said:
The guy appears to have good recruiting connections, has a good track record with running backs and is sharp enough to contribute to the offensive game plan. He does everything except coach wide receivers.

:backout:Isn't that what he is hired for?

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If you know enough football to coach at the collegiate level, you should know enough to be able to coach more than one position. I'm fine with this hire. Especially if he brings recruiting results :)

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GMDGATOR;n174966 said:
Can someone please explain why you hire a no-name lifetime running backs coach to coach the wide receivers? This doesn't make sense other than a desperation hire

My guess is he was a candidate they could get that fell within certain parameters salary wise.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm fine with the hire and I'm also seeing what Mac is doing here; UF will own recruiting in the state of Florida, specifically, south Florida.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This hire is 100% recruiting and 0% coaching. The guy will learn WR coaching... he has been an OC so obviously he understands the big picture. McElwain knows WRs so he will be leading that.. IMO
If we could pull athlets like Miami did in 2000's it could be silly how good we could be.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Great, so now we'll have Luther Campbell on the sidelines?

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Randy Shannon owns South Florida recruiting. Bringing in another guy because of S. Fla. connections is redundant. And it would make no sense to assign 2 coaches to the same territory. This guy better be coming because he has his WR guru card.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Like him or not... Luther Campbell does have his pulse on South Florida recruiting and athletes.. if he thinks this is a good hire that does say something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator