UF pilfers FAU to hire Kerry Dixon II as WR coach

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
rogdochar;n174566 said:
MidwestChomp feeds us saturated facts and they're bad for our health.

quadruple-bypass-burger-300x236.jpg

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Im thinkng Mac will be hands on with them since he coached WR for so long.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
That's an... interesting choice. Never coached WR before? Biggest school he's coached at was FIU?

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
Coach Mac says he's young and energetic and has recruiting ties to Florida. In Coach Mac I trust.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mac has about 20 years experience as wrs coach and that doesn't count the other 9 years as qb/oc/hc. Think it'll be fine.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
At first I thought this was a head scratcher, but I get why Mac hired him. Mac said winning FL recruiting is key to success, and hiring Dixon will help. I'm not too concerned about his lack of WR experience. Edgar Bennett who played RB was the Packers WR coach for the last 3-4 seasons. That worked out OK for them.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He played QB and WR in college and was the OC/WR coach at Stillman College in 2009. He has recruiting ties to both Texas and South Florida, which is probably the bigger reason why he was hired. I remember Mac saying that Gator Nation would be very pleased with the hire, but this is probably the least exciting hire of them all. There had to have been a handful of guys to turn down the job. But just because he is unknown, doesn't mean he isn't a good coach. I'm sure Mac saw something good in him and will work closely with him like Williston previously said.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This certainly is not the hire we were all expecting. I really agree that it seems like he missed on some of his key targets. Who knows... this may turn out to be a good thing.. he may turn out to be a diamond in the rough and a great great coach.

GatorStompin'

Gator Grad '14
Nov 25, 2014
He's not Mac's first choice, but I think he got his #1 (and even managed to upgrade at the DL position when his initial #1 left) with every other position coach.

Dixon is young, has experience with multiple positions on offense, and has been recruiting south Florida for tha past several years. That's a win in my book.

I I just hope he's loud and boisterous when it comes to coaching 'em up. I think that's where Leak really faultered. Our group needs someone to take charge and come across loud and clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.