UF pilfers FAU to hire Kerry Dixon II as WR coach

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I still think Mac has got a plan, obviously. I would rather give him time to do what he needs to do rather than pull a spastic Mus-stank move. Really we haven't had a WR coach in what 3-4 years?? Even though Leak helped last two years, not bashing, but it is what it is.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
TN G8tr;n162942 said:
I still think Mac has got a plan, obviously. I would rather give him time to do what he needs to do rather than pull a spastic Mus-stank move. Really we haven't had a WR coach in what 3-4 years?? Even though Leak helped last two years, not bashing, but it is what it is.

I just got an image of WM late at night in the coaches offices, raiding Foley's desk and coming up with a grand total of $0.87. He then walks across the lobby to the vending machine, inserts $0.75, pushes the button for OC and realizes it's sold out already. So he then pushes the button for WR Coach. The last item in WR Coach starts rotating to the front and as it's about to fall down to the grab area it falls forward and jams between the glass and the racks. WM is there shaking the machine violently screaming "C'mon, man! I'll BOOM your ass!". Finally the WR Coach breaks loose and falls, he reaches in and pulls out a Chris Leak. Scene fades with WM just staring at it in his hand with that "I will kill someone" look on his face, and after the fade to black you hear him say "Fk this, I'm going to Auburn".

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n162942 said:

Wasn't Phillips the WR coach until this past season? We were in trouble on offense due to Muschamp. QB situation etc. but Phillips had a lot of experience at least.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n163138 said:
Wasn't Phillips the WR coach until this past season? We were in trouble on offense due to Muschamp. QB situation etc. but Phillips had a lot of experience at least.

2012-2013 he was the WR coach. He is now with the Browns organization. But our Wide Recievers have been questionable at best since the 2009 season.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
giphy.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n163138 said:
Phillips has sucked every where he has been.

I don't know why some of you want to follow the "Hire Somebody Kintucky Fired" path to success.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Law98gator;n163443 said:

I don't know why some of you want to follow the "Hire Somebody Kintucky Fired" path to success.

Agree. Phillips as a wide receiver's coach was a Joke.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We are looking at it the wrong way. We shoild have encouraced McElwain to take this long to hire a decent set of coordinators.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n163443 said:

No group of WRs were ever going to do much with Muschamp insisting that Driskel play QB. I remember Phillips having a good offense at least one year at KY.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n163460 said:
Agree. Phillips as a wide receiver's coach was a Joke.

Thought I read somewhere Philips had gotten hired by an NFL team? Is that true?

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n163033 said:
I just got an image of WM late at night in the coaches offices, raiding Foley's desk and coming up with a grand total of $0.87. He then walks across the lobby to the vending machine, inserts $0.75, pushes the button for OC and realizes it's sold out already. So he then pushes the button for WR Coach. The last item in WR Coach starts rotating to the front and as it's about to fall down to the grab area it falls forward and jams between the glass and the racks. WM is there shaking the machine violently screaming "C'mon, man! I'll BOOM your ass!". Finally the WR Coach breaks loose and falls, he reaches in and pulls out a Chris Leak. Scene fades with WM just staring at it in his hand with that "I will kill someone" look on his face, and after the fade to black you hear him say "Fk this, I'm going to Auburn".
Purple Microdot?

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n164206 said:

Technically yes.....the Browns. Side note, Roper interviewed for QB coach there recently.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n164206 said:
So did Ron Zook. :rotfl: I saw evidence of his deep involvement during the Packers Seahawks game.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Laughing about Law suggesting Phillips doesn't know much when he had one of the better offenses in the country as OC at KY some years going against more talented SEC defenses.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n164213 said:
Technically yes.....the Browns. Side note, Roper interviewed for QB coach there recently.

Don't tell me your buying Law's mess on this. If you can get real good offenses at KY some years you obviously know something about offense.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I answered a question about if he got hired by an NFL team.....

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Gator Fever;n164229 said:
Don't tell me your buying Law's mess on this. If you can get real good offenses at KY some years you obviously know something about offense.

Phillips was the OC then but I think the successful offenses proved to be attributed to the HC Rich Brooks

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n164272 said:
Phillips was the OC then but I think the successful offenses proved to be attributed to the HC Rich Brooks

Phillips was also the guy who handled the WRs and had multiple 1,000 yard guys at Kentucky of all places. Law is crazy if he trying to imply he doesn't have a clue about coaching WRs.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Gator Fever;n164277 said:
Phillips was also the guy who handled the WRs and had multiple 1,000 yard guys at Kentucky of all places. Law is crazy if he trying to imply he doesn't have a clue about coaching WRs.

If he is a great coach, then he whiffed at UF.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n164283 said:
If he is a great coach, then he whiffed at UF.

No WR coach would have had nice numbers here with Muschamp and Driskel in the positions they were in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.