UF pilfers FAU to hire Kerry Dixon II as WR coach

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Curry doesn't even have a coaching background prior to this season I think except maybe in high school. I guess he has been there for 2 seasons it says.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I wonder where this information is coming from? So many names, so many dead ends. Surely Mac is not settling for something like this.

Cue Law :lalala:

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I thought we got Oregon's WR coach? or have I been out of the loop so much that I missed where he declined or backed out?

GatorStompin'

Gator Grad '14
Nov 25, 2014
Bullag8r;n164556 said:
Would this be an improvement over Chris Leak?

We'll see if Curry is the guy. But to you're question, yes, he would be an improvement over Leak if hired. A WR with multiple seasons in the NFL, and, even though it's minimal, a year coaching in the NFL, is an upgrade over Leak, in my opinion.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Law98gator;n164837 said:
You still cant shake that Muskskank Love, can ya, Bull?

You mistake objectivity for love. Muschamp hate has dimmed your objectivity. Its water under the bridge. Cant change the past so I am moving on. How about you?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n164556 said:
Would this be an improvement over Chris Leak?
He actually played receiver in the nfl for a while idk how much experience he has coaching the position

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
t-gator;n164840 said:
He actually played receiver in the nfl for a while idk how much experience he has coaching the position

Ok, maybe an improvement but not what we have been led to believe as a high impact hire. I am not complaining.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n164839 said:
You mistake objectivity for love.
No, any objective observer knew Chimp was destined to fail. You can't totally abandon offense and win at football. Objective observers from across the country branded him dead coach walking before the year, much to your chagrine.

You and Chimp were the last to figure it out (and I'm not sure he has yet).

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Law98gator;n165437 said:
No, any objective observer knew Chimp was destined to fail. You can't totally abandon offense and win at football. Objective observers from across the country branded him dead coach walking before the year, much to your chagrine.

You and Chimp were the last to figure it out (and I'm not sure he has yet).

I was wrong to think that keeping his job was important enough to persuade him to embrace change.

Conversely, just as many expert objective observers believed he was going to turn things around.

I have no problem owning my mistakes, I just don't understand your insistence of wanting to crucify anyone with a different opinion. Truth is, no one knew exactly what the outcome would be and we all rely on hindsight.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n165449 said:
I was wrong to think that keeping his job was important enough to persuade him to embrace change.
Yeah, I had some small hope he'd just turn the keys over to Roper.

Interestingly, the fact that Ugly's idiotic DC may be the only person on the planet that hadn't heard that Chimp won't pass, giving us an improbable win actually ENSURED that Chimp would revert to 2012 mode and hang himself.

It's pretty easy for me to argue that, objectively, the best predictor of future performance is past performance.

You were HOPING, and there's nothing wrong with that, we are fanatics after all, but you weren't being objective. You know you weren't.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Law98gator;n165509 said:
Yeah, I had some small hope he'd just turn the keys over to Roper.

Interestingly, the fact that Ugly's idiotic DC may be the only person on the planet that hadn't heard that Chimp won't pass, giving us an improbable win actually ENSURED that Chimp would revert to 2012 mode and hang himself.

It's pretty easy for me to argue that, objectively, the best predictor of future performance is past performance.

You were HOPING, and there's nothing wrong with that, we are fanatics after all, but you weren't being objective. You know you weren't.

Hopeful, but not optimistic. :thumbup:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n165509 said:
........ objectively, the best predictor of future performance is past performance.

In that case, I guess we know what to expect from you in the future.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n165592 said:
Originally posted by Law98gator View Post

........ objectively, the best predictor of future performance is past performance.

In that case, I guess we know what to expect from you in the future.
Was that a sex joke?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.