UF QB Situation

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Whisperer jokes that Feleipe Franks has to know what color jersey his team is wearing.

:butters:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Mac bills himself as the quarterback guru. Ok guru, time to stop meditating and get it done. Heading into 3rd season with this "guru" and things are still as unsettled as they were in Year One. I, for one, wanted to see Trask or Franks get some game experience last year. But nooooooo, got to protect those red shirts and as result, their capabilities are still totally unknown. Heading into another season with a possible starting qb with 0 snaps in SEC play is totally unacceptable and very poor preparation. And, oh please, I have seen enough of LDR to tell me that he is not who we need.
#gatorchattermyth 15 Mac bills himself as the quarterback guru.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
images

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I figured this deserves its own thread with all the info coming out in recent days.

Franks has separated himself from Trask per Mac.

And if that isn't enough...word on street today is that Zaire wants to come to UF and we want him.

Return LDR to the mix in the summer and what do we have?

Discuss.
An incredible amount of inexperience...but a ton of depth...well technically depth :lol:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
It doesn't matter to me who it is. I just want them to have command of the offense, take advantage of the talent we finally have on the O, and score some points. Is that asking too much?

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Zaire is not coming here to be a resource. You don't actually believe that, do you? If Mac is bringing someone in now it is to start not "coach".

I believe that I really don't know what he or coach might be thinking. And if he can come and contribute I would be happy to have him.

Now I was thinking of how many QBs I would desire.

One clear starter.
One close to being a starter in case of injury.
One to run the scout team. Could be a young guy developing.
One to give you another arm for working with receivers. Same comment as scout team.

We don't have the first two (perhaps we have two that are close)
We really don't have the third or fourth either.

So another arm might be great. Now I am not counting on LDR for any of these things he might be one of the bottom three.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
It doesn't matter to me who it is. I just want them to have command of the offense, take advantage of the talent we finally have on the O, and score some points. Is that asking too much?

It is not asking too much, but it might be more than we actually get. Time will tell and coach basically said nothing in his interview about distance.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
What we have is a Coordinator as our HC. I don't know what's more pathetic him being hired as the coach at UF after starting his HC career 22-16 or our fans supporting him because he won the East 2 years in a row during a time when the east has been way down. WM would have won the East the last 2 years. The offense has been worse than when he was here and it's been defense that's won 99% of the games.

And another thing about this hunt for a grad Qb, this can't look good on the recruiting trail him going after these players trying to patch holes and not playing one of the redshirt fr. Kids have to see that they will not always be given the opportunity to play early as a Qb if they come to UF. Meanwhile they see Bama and UGA giving the keys to true freshman.

Mac is a joke and will set our program back more and more the longer he's here.

Oct 5, 2014
What we have is a Coordinator as our HC. I don't know what's more pathetic him being hired as the coach at UF after starting his HC career 22-16 or our fans supporting him because he won the East 2 years in a row during a time when the east has been way down. WM would have won the East the last 2 years. The offense has been worse than when he was here and it's been defense that's won 99% of the games.

And another thing about this hunt for a grad Qb, this can't look good on the recruiting trail him going after these players trying to patch holes and not playing one of the redshirt fr. Kids have to see that they will not always be given the opportunity to play early as a Qb if they come to UF. Meanwhile they see Bama and UGA giving the keys to true freshman.

What he said.................

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

Guarantee you Chump would have gone 4-8 the last two years. You'd have to be crazy to think otherwise.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Mac is 2-8 vs ranked teams

Does anyone think he's a great coach?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads