UF QB Situation

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Their not going to admit it but there are still people who believe in him.
Believing in him doesn't mean anyone thinks he's great.

I just want one name of a poster that thinks Mac is "Great".

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Believing in someone and thing they are great are two different agruments. I believe McElwain knows the X's and O's of an offense. I do not beleive he is a good CEO especially when it comes to his staff. But you going to the "Their not going to admit it" argument, shows how flimsy your argument is.

McElwain is in year 3, this is a huge year for him. I hope he proves me wrong and shows he is a solid CEO and can build a team. I just haven't seen it. There is nothing about what I've seen over the last 2 years, that says this guy is ready to lead a top 5 organization in the FBS. There are people like me that hope we are wrong about him, and some that think he might be a solid hire... but even the biggest pumpers on this board are still on the wait and see mentality.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
While winning the east is not like winning the SEC champ, it sure beats loosing to Ga Southern. Still, we are far from being back on top.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

I believe for now he is as good as we are likely to get and perhaps better that we can obtain. Nobody has mentioned one great coach and their logic for coming here. Saban? Urban? Someone from the NFL?

Anybody?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I hope he proves me wrong and shows he is a solid CEO and can build a team
Great CEO's put the right people in the right situation......He hires questionable coaches and "FIRED" the best player at the most crucial position this place has seen in 8 years......Not a good CEO imo...

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Off-mike, Mac was picked up saying he was interested in Zaire because he he really liked that music in his highlight film.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
I wonder if the coaches think Allen will be the legit starter in 2018, but needs the redshirt year so they are looking for something in the meantime. But this doesn't say much for their confidence nor will it, in my opinion, do any favors for Franks' or Trask's confidence.
Mac will not be here if none of these QBs work this year.Lol. Allen a starter I've heard it all now. He's a less talented version of Trask with the height or arm.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Based on what? During his tenure his offense was never worse than what Mac has produced. People love to forget he went 11-1 his 2nd year. What looks different between Mac and Muschamp on the field?.... Defense is still strong offense is still terrible. Only difference is recruiting has fallen off tremendously. And no I'm not a fan of Muschamp either even after his 11 win season.
Based on Chump going 4-8, 6-6 and 6-5 with an offensive line. And Mac going 10-2 and 8-3 without one.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think he is a great coach, but no currently great coach is coming to UF. I insist that players have a lot more to do with results that coaches, except that the coaches somewhat have influence on what players they have.

Who would you prefer as our HC? And why would they accept our job?
Most coach who isn't currently the big banana in one of the top 3 recruiting states or currently on top at his current school (OSU, Clemson) would at least consider the job. Most are probably tired of having to go on the road to steal recruits from Florida. Did anyone think the current big 10 champ coach would be begging Tinerc or Arky for a job? You never know who is REALLY available.

You are, however, correct in stating that no currently great coach is going to consider us, because we have the self-inflicted wound of only considering coaches from the WAC or Sunbelt. Great coaches don't coach there. Guys like Butters do.

Far better to do save money by hiring a cheap ass coach of the third rate aisle then having to pay two of them (your current one plus the azzhat you just fired currently Chimp soon to be Butters) more than Bammer pays Saban. Very smart.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Great CEO's put the right people in the right situation......He hires questionable coaches and "FIRED" the best player at the most crucial position this place has seen in 8 years......Not a good CEO imo...

According to your story he "fired" the best player. As far as coaches, i had already mentioned that.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
What we have is a Coordinator as our HC. I don't know what's more pathetic him being hired as the coach at UF after starting his HC career 22-16 or our fans supporting him because he won the East 2 years in a row during a time when the east has been way down. WM would have won the East the last 2 years. The offense has been worse than when he was here and it's been defense that's won 99% of the games.

And another thing about this hunt for a grad Qb, this can't look good on the recruiting trail him going after these players trying to patch holes and not playing one of the redshirt fr. Kids have to see that they will not always be given the opportunity to play early as a Qb if they come to UF. Meanwhile they see Bama and UGA giving the keys to true freshman.

Mac is a joke and will set our program back more and more the longer he's here.
You lost me when you said Chump would've won the East.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just wanted to make sure.....Some folks still think Grier took his ball and went to West Virginia....

I know your story, you have made sure we all have known it for the past year and a half. You don't know if it is true or not, but you will continue to say it. Did Grier ultimately choose to leave, yes, because he was still under scholarship when he transferred. If the team released him, he wouldn't have to wait a year, because he would no longer be bound by scholarship rules per NCAA. So regardless what happened between McElwain and the Griers, the Griers decided to transfer while still under contract with UF. So he was still a member of the University of Florida Football team, under scholarship when he decided to leave.

http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/current/transfer-terms

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator