UF will win the East

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
What do you think ?
I know last night was the first game of the season but what I saw from USCe last night is not curable. They have NO leaders and it is obvious they lost 5 of their best 6 players. Now Davis is banged up...They're an 8-4 team at best. We saw how bad Vandy looked which is no surprise after watching Mason in interviews. He is clueless. Mizzou won't be much better after what they lost and they do not recruit high enough to replace teams like they had last year on a year to year basis, I don't think they will break .500 this year. UT is UT, they might be a little better but I doubt they crack.500 either. Kentucky is about the same as UT. UGA has a lot of question marks in their passing game but they are installing a new defense with new starters in the secondary and are not nearly as talented as our defense. I think thet are a 7-5 or 8-4 team at best.
Thoughts ?

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I know this is early, but I think the east is only a 2 team race right now between UF and ugay.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And ga is a disaster in their backfield as well. They're also mediocre at D-line. And have a new QB. They're the same or slightly better than us at RB. And significantly better than us at LB.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
GatorJ;n37437 said:
And ga is a disaster in their backfield as well. They're also mediocre at D-line. And have a new QB. They're the same or slightly better than us at RB. And significantly better than us at LB.

Good points J, Pruitt is a very good DC, but he will not get the same results from UGA defensive talent that he did last year from FSU's. There is a huge difference between the 2 schools.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n37467 said:
I will let you know after the Bama game.
This right here. Hell I'll have a much better opinion after tomorrow night. We'll see if all this positivity coming out of camp is justified or more of the same. I've got to like our chances though.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
So because aTM scored 52 and beat USCe, we win the East?

Free Gator

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
East is wide open. Clearly a chance for a 3 loss east champ this year.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox;n37471 said:
This right here. Hell I'll have a much better opinion after tomorrow night. We'll see if all this positivity coming out of camp is justified or more of the same. I've got to like our chances though.

Saturday will tell us nothing about how good or bad we are. It will however tell us if Muschamp is taking a hands-off approach to our offense this year, and that's just as important as every other unknown about our team going into the season.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n37467 said:
I will let you know after the Bama game.

At this point I just hope we score our first touchdown in that stadium since 1998. :facepalm:

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n37481 said:
At this point I just hope we score our first touchdown in that stadium since 1998. :facepalm:
Wow didn't even think about that...damn we've been bad there. Even that 98 game wasn't stellar vs a very mediocre bama team...only scored 16 points

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I like our chances a lot better now even though I've been telling you guys that usc was going to take a step back this year. But still we have to play bama and lsu. There's a lot of tough games ahead but usc losing there first conference game isn't a bad start for us.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
I like our chances a lot better now even though I've been telling you guys that usc was going to take a step back this year. But still we have to play bama and lsu. There's a lot of tough games ahead but usc losing there first conference game isn't a bad start for us.
I am kind of glad we play LSU instead of A&M now after watching that.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
Hell yea me too

Mr. SEC

A Very Impatient Grown Up
BANNED
Aug 1, 2014
When Mike Davis returns, South Carolina will be a different team. Now their backs are against the wall. I would not be so quick to rule out the Gamecocks and the Ole Ball Sac.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mr. SEC;n37503 said:
When Mike Davis returns, South Carolina will be a different team. Now their backs are against the wall. I would not be so quick to rule out the Gamecocks and the Ole Ball Sac.

What position will Mike Davis play on defense?

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This from Chris Low of ESPN can be easily paraphrased:
Here’s another thought: The entire complexion of the Western Division race all of a sudden looks a little different, and we’re only a game into the season. If you’re going to beat the Aggies, you'd better be able to score.

He could have stated that the entire complexion of the Eastern Division race all of a sudden looks a little different. Watching the spread just roll through SOS's defense like they weren't there, if he cannot fix his D problems, we might be able to roll through him too come November.

There's a lot left to be played, but overnight, things have changed.

And, on a lesser note, Temple just rolled Vandy in Nashville. I'm sure a lot of Gators have been worried that Nov 8th is gonna be a "trap game" up there, but after seeing that result, I don't think that the 'Dores upset either us or the Doggies again this year.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This, what little I was able to watch the Dores are in complete disarray . And USC(E) just doesn't look to have anyone stepping up on the Dl , not that it's easy or expected to replace Clowney, but they didn't make any adjustments or have much gap discipline by the lbs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator