Under Armor All American Game Thread

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
He does. It is what it is. He has shown some ability to adapt however when he has a QB who can throw (ie Tebow in 2007 and the last two years of Dak). But it certainly isnt his first inclination.

Im not really that worried about the QB being a fast runner vs a power running. We actually flipped the offense for Tebow. Flipping it back w our stable of powerful backs taking inside and Franks and EJ running outside is easy enough.

As for Taggart vs Mullinz, that one is easy. Taggart is a known (bad) quantity. Only a few fools bought that Taggart is the Savior bs.

I trying to learn to live w Mullinz. Hopefully he will continue surprising us. I think his only other influence was Bob Davie and Co. Therefore it's not surprising that he runs NDs old offense. Perhaps we will actually see him listening and taking a bit about exploiting defenses vertically and adding some concepts to his repertoire. On that front, he seems more likely to adapt (and survive) than the last hygiene challenged buffoon.
Perhaps I am being too critical, Law, but you seem to be oscillating on CDM. Now you are only 51 per cent on him. A few days ago you seemed all in. Which is it?Here is a simple question to help you clarify your thinking: Will UF win a SEC championship under CDM?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Pedestrian....wtf...Leak's passing led us to the MNC with Mullen calling the plays....sometimes your theories just baffle me. Mullen is full well capable of using the talent available.
did you even watch 2005 and 2006 seasons? we struggled to score 20 vs SEC teams and the defense and special teams scored many of the points.

there was a serious danger that we're going to get left out of the national championship game because of our poor offense. I so wish we could let Chris leak through the ball down field all the rest of the games in 2005 and 2006. we might have finally landed that undefeated season.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Perhaps I am being too critical, Law, but you seem to be oscillating on CDM. Now you are only 51 per cent on him. A few days ago you seemed all in. Which is it?Here is a simple question to help you clarify your thinking: Will UF win a SEC championship under CDM?
Im a Gator. He is our coach. I try to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I even choken down a damn dwag. I have no shame.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
did you even watch 2005 and 2006 seasons? we struggled to score 20 vs SEC teams and the defense and special teams scored many of the points.

there was a serious danger that we're going to get left out of the national championship game because of our poor offense. I so wish we could let Chris leak through the ball down field all the rest of the games in 2005 and 2006. we might have finally landed that undefeated season.

Your Alzheimer's is becoming full-blown. We outscored opponents 416 to 189, won the SEC champ game 38-28 and the MNC 41-14 while going 13-1 with only a cheating ass Al Ford in the replay booth costing us a loss on a bad forward pass/fumble call at Auburn. Urban and Mullen were in their 2nd year at UF and still finding their way in the SEC. We were flat as hell against USCe and were lucky to win that game...shiit happens.

There are some promising new drugs for memory loss....check it out.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
For being so bad on offense in 06 we somehow passed for 3,305 yards and rushed for 2,276 yards . God Mullen sucks

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Your Alzheimer's is becoming full-blown.

Lord, a memory drug for Swonkey is the wrong prescription for this board. We should load him with GHB.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Pedestrian....wtf...Leak's passing led us to the MNC with Mullen calling the plays....sometimes your theories just baffle me. Mullen is full well capable of using the talent available.
I think you're getting old and a little memory challenged goon. No one is saying the Leak's passing sucked. Matter of fact, Im pretty sure I addressed that topic when I said the offense was changed up a bit to a more traditional set with a full back and that was the key to getting us over the hump, I'll even tell you his name - Billy Latsko. Offense was pedestrian in both of Meyer's first two seasons despite that though. Sure Leak led the O with his passing, but we still were middling. Here's a breakdown of our 06 National Championship season:

21 against UT, 26 against KY at home, 28 against a terrible bama at home, 23 against LSU at home, 17 at auburn (loss), 21 vs georgia, 25 at vandy, 17 against SC, 21 at FSU.

We blew out the 3 cupcakes we played (as an eventual national champ rightfully should) so setting those 3 games aside, the SEC title game was the first time we exceeded 28 points the entire season. The ENTIRE season.

Sorry but averaging 22.1 points per game against legitimate teams, both good and bad, is the very definition of pedestrian. We won all those games as much because of fantastic ST play and an absolutely dominant defense. The points we gave up on defense in our regular season wins were as follows: 7, 0, 20, 7, 13, 10, 14, 19, 16, 0, 14. Absolute dominating defense is the reason we could average 22 points a game and finish the season with only 1 loss.

Last edited:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/rushing-yards-per-game

Scoring offense (pts/gm)- 34th (2005 -46th)
Passing offense (yds/gm)- 32nd (2005-53rd)
Rushing offense (yds/gm) - 42nd (2005-55th)

That offense was painful to watch. And yet ... it's better than anything since 2010 ?

Oh how the mighty hath fallen.

Total Defense (yds/gm) - 10th
Scoring Defense (pts/gm) - 7th
Rushing Defense (yds/gm) - 6th
Passing Defense (yds/gm)- 44th

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
And I forgot to mention that defense and ST accounted for some of that 22 point average.

As far as this goes...
We outscored opponents 416 to 189

A big chunk of that was accrued against the 3 patsies we beat by a total of 131 points. For the rest, we still only averaged 22.1 points per game, but our defense held the other team to low teens or single digits.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/rushing-yards-per-game

Scoring offense (pts/gm)- 34th (2005 -46th)
Passing offense (yds/gm)- 32nd (2005-53rd)
Rushing offense (yds/gm) - 42nd (2005-55th)

That offense was painful to watch. And yet ... it's better than anything since 2010 ?

Oh how the mighty hath fallen.

Total Defense (yds/gm) - 10th
Scoring Defense (pts/gm) - 7th
Rushing Defense (yds/gm) - 6th
Passing Defense (yds/gm)- 44th
Thank you, again, more evidence it was the defense, and not the offense that was the most important part of 06.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
This is pure gold!

giphy.gif

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Your Alzheimer's is becoming full-blown. We outscored opponents 416 to 189, won the SEC champ game 38-28 and the MNC 41-14 while going 13-1 with only a cheating ass Al Ford in the replay booth costing us a loss on a bad forward pass/fumble call at Auburn. Urban and Mullen were in their 2nd year at UF and still finding their way in the SEC. We were flat as hell against USCe and were lucky to win that game...shiit happens.

Tell me more about this Al Ford a$$hole, I need someone to dump all my Todd Grantham hate on.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And I forgot to mention that defense and ST accounted for some of that 22 point average.

As far as this goes...

A big chunk of that was accrued against the 3 patsies we beat by a total of 131 points. For the rest, we still only averaged 22.1 points per game, but our defense held the other team to low teens or single digits.
Im convinced Goon is either a very young or was a sloppy drunk who never actually watched football back then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.