Status
Not open for further replies.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
On a side note there is something about Corral not participating last night that makes me doubt in him a bit. Did he not want to be evaluated side by side with Fields?

Corral definitely isn't afraid of competition. He was just competing against the best of the best quarterbacks in the country at The Opening, including Fields.

Yes I saw some of the videos of Corral throwing but we didn't see anything with intensity behind it. More pitch and catch stuff is what I saw posted.

He has a really strong arm. At The Opening, he won the Long Ball Competition, beating Trevor Lawrence by throwing the ball 77 yards. The kid barely took a two step drop before launching it.

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
Corral definitely isn't afraid of competition. He was just competing against the best of the best quarterbacks in the country at The Opening, including Fields.

He has a really strong arm. At The Opening, he won the Long Ball Competition, beating Trevor Lawrence by throwing the ball 77 yards. The kid barely took a two step drop before launching it.

Heaving a ball 77 yards has nothing to do with accuracy and playing ability. How often are wideouts running 70+ yard routes in games? I hope our errection for Corral is not based upon his ability to throw deep.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Heaving a ball 77 yards has nothing to do with accuracy and playing ability. How often are wideouts running 70+ yard routes in games? I hope our errection for Corral is not based upon his ability to throw deep.

The kid can play. I'm not talking out of my ass. He's a 5 star for a reason, bro.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think he probably could have been. But the coaching staffs were so bad they ruined him. Not to take away from the fact that they tried to turn him into an option QB.
One of the GAs at the time said that they ruined Brantley. His confidence was destroyed.

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
I had no idea he could move the way he does. I love how he buys time with his legs and makes the throw. I like the read option with him, just an overall great prospect.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016

The kid can play. I'm not talking out of my ass. He's a 5 star for a reason, bro.

That film is insane. The kid has a cannon and shows good accuracy. He is also able to put touch on the ball when needed.

If Spurrier had this kid back in the day, Corral would have a statue.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Throwing a football is a lot of technique as well. I could throw a football 65 yds in HS but I had about an 80 mph fastball with a baseball.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
watchin these nole fans on twitter constantly crushin on Fields...they gonna commit suicide when he goes to UGA :grin:

yes, I think he is going to the dwags

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
watchin these nole fans on twitter constantly crushin on Fields...they gonna commit suicide when he goes to UGA :grin:

yes, I think he is going to the dwags
The sucky thing is he will end up at one or the other. Worse case for us is Corral enjoys his visit to UGA next week and commits then Fields ends up at FSU and we have to play both every year

gatorjohn

Founding Member
Rev
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Will either Fields or Corral be an EE? I would love to have Spurrier's take on these two.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Corral worked out for Nuss one on one earlier in the day can't find the tweets anymore either but he definitely worked out just didn't work out with everybody else I'm sure it was by design.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
My point being that Mac got lucky. Sometimes that's all you need. I hope it pays off. If he redshirts next year he may never play a down for Mac.

I'm not a big believer in luck. Corral sees that all the attention is on the SEC. Then Mac does a great job selling the program. No luck to it in my opinion.

In my opinion, Mac will still be here in 2019.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not a big believer in luck. Corral sees that all the attention is on the SEC. Then Mac does a great job selling the program. No luck to it in my opinion.

In my opinion, Mac will still be here in 2019.

Yeah...Mac really sold Fields. LOL. You just admitted that Corral came to us. Mac put all his eggs in that Fields basket. Corral is basically a gift from the football gods. I don't think Mac gets past year 4. He's never going to get over the FSU/Bama hump. He doesn't recruit well enough and the metrics show he loses to teams with better talent regularly. Fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.