Status
Not open for further replies.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I am using hyperbole but recruits have talked about the spreads at FSU during recruiting...BBQ and fried chicken, etc. We gave him a freaking kiddie party. It was lame and shows how disgustingly awful Mac is at recruiting. That kid gave us first crack. The number one recruit in the land(top 3 at the time I think) and we roll out a pizza party. GTFO MAC! If we had anyone with some panache we would be killing it at UF. 1.4 more years and we're done with "Atta boy" Mcelwain.
Why do you keep mentioning chuck e cheese? What did we really do on his visit?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...-fried-chicken-marvin-wilson-signing-day-2017

"The best meal I had by far was when I was at Florida State,” he said “They had this thing called 'honey fried chicken.' I was like, 'that sounds kinda suspect,’ so you know I got like one piece. I bit into that one piece of chicken and went and grabbed the pan and put it on the table. We killed that whole pan of honey fried chicken. That's probably the best chicken I've ever had in my life.”

-Number 1 recruit Marvin Wilson

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
We through him a pizza party...no lie.
Fields visited the night our class of 17 enrolled and we threw them a pizza party, 5star if I recall.
Knowing he would be there you would think they would have served filet mignon cooked by Gorden Ramsey, instead we're lucky they didn't have pb&J's.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So UF gets Papa Johns and FSU gets Church's Chicken...what's the big deal? :dunno:

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
nqk9s.jpg

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So I trust that if and when there is any actual status news on this kid the thread title will change? Can we be sure to put the page number in the title so I know where to start reading again? Kthanksbye

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I know you're being funny but I think we could've done better....just MSO
I was just joking, but considering Fields had already been there before, I highly doubt he is basing his opinion on UF based on the food served while he was there the 2nd time :lol:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
My point is you aren't going from PA to LA for fun on your own dime. Corrals decommittment opened a slot there. Watch out for them. I think we're out for Fields. Meaning he's seriously considering them not just enjoying the process.

I get the own dime part, but he says proximity is a big deal... that makes USC a tough sell... although I would rather see him there than UGA or FSU

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I get the own dime part, but he says proximity is a big deal... that makes USC a tough sell... although I would rather see him there than UGA or FSU

USC is my second preferred destination for Fields. I don't want to play him yearly. I really feel like we screwed his recruitment up. I know some on here will never agree or admit it but we dropped the ball.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
USC is my second preferred destination for Fields. I don't want to play him yearly. I really feel like we screwed his recruitment up. I know some on here will never agree or admit it but we dropped the ball.
Did you honestly expect it to go any other way? Mac is like a small fish swimming in a pond full of great whites we never had a shot.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I get the own dime part, but he says proximity is a big deal... that makes USC a tough sell...
Youre reading incorrectly. What he meant was proximity to the snowbelt.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

Well it's not over yet, though it isn't looking good. Mac & co. did everything they could, they just don't have the track record of developing QBs to back them up nor the success on offense. Hard to sell a 100+ ranked offense to a top QB recruit.

I do agree the pizza thing is super lame lol.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well it's not over yet, though it isn't looking good. Mac & co. did everything they could, they just don't have the track record of developing QBs to back them up nor the success on offense. Hard to sell a 100+ ranked offense to a top QB recruit.

I do agree the pizza thing is super lame lol.
Mac: "What do kids like these days?"
Nord: "Pizza?"
Mac: "Not sure that's a good idea. And yet, it's neat just having Fields visit."

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Fields took recent visits to Georgia, Auburn and Florida State and is coming off a two-day visit to Florida. He has obviously seen Penn State and also took a visit to USC a few weeks back according to sources.

I don't think he went out there for fun on his own dime and I bet he didn't have pizza either.

And what does that have to do with the fact he doesn't have to pay for official visits or paying for unofficial visits? Nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator