UPDATE: QB Justin Fields Commits to The Puppies

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You're right, he's had zero NFL success. Mac should disavow the relationship. Fields should go to FSU because Jumbo's guys started. They literally sucked a dick playing, but they started. We'll just wait for Mac to get someone to start for a shytty NFL team and put up shytty numbers and the QBs will come a running

You need to pay more attention to what I've said about Jimbo as well, because even though certain posters call him an Offensive Guru, I have argued the opposite. Take away his time with Winston who was a surpreme talent, he is a 4 loss coach with a team more talented than all but 1 or 2 teams he plays against. You are making up an argument that isn't mine. You choose to list the quaterbacks you listed, I just made the argument based on the information you provided.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly, I think the LSU win was more about poor coaching, and an unfocused and prideful opponent. Because of that they had numerous unforced errors and turnovers, especially near the goal line that kept them from scoring early. A little bit of focus and they would have scored at least one of those times near the goal line. We were dialed in and focused (give mac credit there) even if our offensive performance was still awful.

That was just one of those games where sloppy and undisciplined play stemming from overconfidence bit a team in the butt much more than it was a statement about who Florida is and what they are capable of. I don't think there's any real take-aways from that game.
Poor coaching by Org definitey played a huge role. But there were many times when we needed a yard or two and got push from the line to get it. Only time I saw that all year.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
They have a system? Appears to me they have a solid set of scripted plays to begin the game and then it's a joke.

Those scripted plays are all of the playbook that Nutsmired knows. It ain't Franks whose head is holding the offense back.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly, I think the LSU win was more about poor coaching, and an unfocused and prideful opponent. Because of that they had numerous unforced errors and turnovers, especially near the goal line that kept them from scoring early. A little bit of focus and they would have scored at least one of those times near the goal line. We were dialed in and focused (give mac credit there) even if our offensive performance was still awful.

That was just one of those games where sloppy and undisciplined play stemming from overconfidence bit a team in the butt much more than it was a statement about who Florida is and what they are capable of. I don't think there's any real take-aways from that game.

Coach O lost that game as much as we won it. Our team was focused and it was the best offensive line play in 2 years if not more. If we had good play calling on 3rd and short in the red zone we win by 21. The UF players came to play, unfortunately our offensive playcaller lost his mind in the red zone.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You're right, he's had zero NFL success. Mac should disavow the relationship. Fields should go to FSU because Jumbo's guys started. They literally sucked a dick playing, but they started. We'll just wait for Mac to get someone to start for a shytty NFL team and put up shytty numbers and the QBs will come a running
It doesn't matter how they do in the nfl. Its how many qb's you've gotten drafted, especially in the 1st round.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Exactly, except against LSU we actually wore down their defense a bit. And I don't think anyone is defending Nuss, but I think the system is capable of working very well
Lol, we he hit a deep ball that was bobbled by a defender and kicked 2 field goals because they fumbled on their side of the field. But this system is killer.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Lol, we he hit a deep ball that was bobbled by a defender and kicked 2 field goals because they fumbled on their side of the field. But this system is killer.
We don't need no stinking facts injected into our "signature" win! :pumper:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The deep ball to Cleveland wasn't bobbled by the defender. It was a clean catch followed by a broken tackle and a soul crushing jog to the end zone.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Is there a height requirement for reading comprehension?

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
USC is my second preferred destination for Fields. I don't want to play him yearly. I really feel like we screwed his recruitment up. I know some on here will never agree or admit it but we dropped the ball.

How was it dropped other than serving pizza?

I'm also starting to think we've lost him but what else could of been done.

Last edited:

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
I think they look at the offensive production as well. Mac appears to be totally outclassed by a Jimbo as HC in every aspect of the game. Any outsider has to see it that way.

When Jimbo first took over everyone used to say that they wished he would remain in Tallcrappy forever because he was horrible.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
How was it dropped other than serving ?

When Jimbo first took over everyone used to say that they wished he would remain in Tallcrappy forever because he was horrible.
The big difference is Jimbo can recruit. Having a significantly more talented team than 80% of your opponents makes a world of difference. Mac is getting out-recruited by almost 50% of the teams he has to face on an annual basis. Add in his inability to bring in or develop a top notch QB and you get what we've got.

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
The big difference is Jimbo can recruit. Having a significantly more talented team than 80% of your opponents makes a world of difference. Mac is getting out-recruited by almost 50% of the teams he has to face on an annual basis. Add in his inability to bring in or develop a top notch QB and you get what we've got.

There is no denying that he is killing us in recruiting and honey fried chicken.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
How was it dropped other than serving pizza?

To be honest, we were his first choice. So take your pick. Whatever happened that day/night was a royal **** up unless we get him. Start there. I feel like a lot of our higher ranked recruits have always been Gators and would be here no matter who was coach. I freely admit I could be wrong...who knows. I do know that Mac is way behind his predecessors in recruiting. Oh well...

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
There is no denying that he is killing us in recruiting and honey fried chicken.

It's not one or two things...it's the overall package or how it is being delivered. Take it how you will.

Yeah...psycho dumpers will pick on anything...the food for god's sakes...hahaha. The stupid pizza party is a microcosm of everything. IMSO.

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
To be honest, we were his first choice. So take your pick. Whatever happened that day/night was a royal **** up unless we get him.

You are probably right that we were his top choice but eventually he realized there were other options available.

When I was his age I had trouble committing to one pretty girl, the more options I had the harder it became.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
You are probably right that we were his top choice but eventually he realized there were other options available.

When I was his age I had trouble committing to one pretty girl, the more options I had the harder it became.

Maybe. My point is I feel like we could have done more. I don't blame Justin...I blame Mac and Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.