UPDATE: QB Justin Fields Commits to The Puppies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
To be honest, we were his first choice. So take your pick. Whatever happened that day/night was a royal **** up unless we get him. Start there. I feel like a lot of our higher ranked recruits have always been Gators and would be here no matter who was coach. I freely admit I could be wrong...who knows. I do know that Mac is way behind his predecessors in recruiting. Oh well...
I don't feel we were his first choice, we did open his eyes to see what's out there, which he has done a fabulous job of, and we are not it for him. The minute the rumors came out that his visit to FSU didn't go well, reportedly for talking down Florida, I knew their annual troll job was on and I'm not getting caught up in it.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
We through him a pizza party...no lie.

That's stretching what we know. What we know is that he hung out in the Swamp and ate pizza. That is now being portrayed as the Gators threw a pizza party.

For all we know they had other things planned and he told them he would rather chill and talk and they ordered delivery. He was quoted as saying that he wanted to get to know them and not just talk about football. We have no idea what happened other than they were in the terrace and ate some pizza. That's not necessarily a negative it's just being spun that way.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
just curious, but what are you basing this on? 247 predictions?
There were some rumors going around that if he decommitted from psu that it was because of UF and people have ran with it like crazy to the point now that everyone believes it to be gospel...there's no stopping the stupid train

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
That's stretching what we know. What we know is that he hung out in the Swamp and ate pizza. That is now being portrayed as the Gators threw a pizza party.

For all we know they had other things planned and he told them he would rather chill and talk and they ordered delivery. He was quoted as saying that he wanted to get to know them and not just talk about football. We have no idea what happened other than they were in the terrace and ate some pizza. That's not necessarily a negative it's just being spun that way.

Speaking of spinning...

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
just curious, but what are you basing this on? 247 predictions?

LOL. Wait a sec...who said that Wiltifong(sp) is one of the best CB'ers out there and we should pay attention to that guy?

I love how now we were only a fleeting thought in his mind. Holy crap the stupid train ran over some of you is right. Anything so that Mac didn't screw up anything. Aw shucks...we tried.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Speaking of spinning...

I'm just pointing out that all we know is he ate pizza in the terrace with others. You are spinning that as a negative. It could be for all we know. However, there are a million other possibilities like maybe it was his choice. We simply don't know.

Calling it Chuck E Cheese and claiming that we threw him a pizza party is definitely spin.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
There were some rumors going around that if he decommitted from psu that it was because of UF and people have ran with it like crazy to the point now that everyone believes it to be gospel...there's no stopping the stupid train
We weren't supposed to get him anyway. Man, that even sounds good with recruiting.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LOL. Wait a sec...who said that Wiltifong(sp) is one of the best CB'ers out there and we should pay attention to that guy?
bro, chill out..literally just asking where you are getting that info :dunno:

I love how now we were only a fleeting thought in his mind. Holy crap the stupid train ran over some of you is right. Anything so that Mac didn't screw up anything. Aw shucks...we tried.
umm...okay? :confused:

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016

I think I have said that more than once. I still believe it. I don't think it is proof that we were the first choice. It just means Wiltfong had good reason to believe he will end up in orange and blue. The pick hasn't been changed so perhaps he still feels that way.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016

You are going to pull a muscle stretching like that.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just pointing out that all we know is he ate pizza in the terrace with others. You are spinning that as a negative. It could be for all we know. However, there are a million other possibilities like maybe it was his choice. We simply don't know.

Calling it Chuck E Cheese and claiming that we threw him a pizza party is definitely spin.

LOL. Ok bro. I'm making fun of throwing the number one overall recruit a pizza party. It's not spin. It's making fun of Mac. The most likely situation is we threw him a pizza party like a 12 year old. Just admit it. Yeah..they were meeting and they cancelled the steak dinner so we could "hang out". Dude, do you know how stupid unrealistic that sounds?

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
LOL. Ok bro. I'm making fun of throwing the number one overall recruit a pizza party. It's not spin. It's making fun of Mac. The most likely situation is we threw him a pizza party like a 12 year old. Just admit it. Yeah..they were hanging out and they cancelled the steak dinner so we could "hang out". Dude, do you know how stupid unrealistic that sounds?

You may be right. It could also be that he wanted to hang out with the incoming class and do what they were doing which happened to involve pizza.

I don't think that is unrealistic at all.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
tix.jpg
You may be right. It could also be that he wanted to hang out with the incoming class and do what they were doing which happened to involve pizza.

I don't think that is unrealistic at all.

You just won 20 tickets!

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
You are giving coach a run for his money...I'm not sure how you don't fit in at the other site. Weird.

For all we know Fields and the coaches went to a steak dinner and the pizza happened later that night.

We just don't know.

You are taking the lack of information and running with the fact that he ate pizza while he was here. Somehow that becomes our coaches throwing a 12 year type party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.