Updated coaching candidates

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n106880 said:
By the way, I'm desperately hitting up every source I have for names. All I've been told is:

What's your sources name?

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n106865 said:
I haven't given UF a dollar since the Alabama game. I listed 9 names, Kiffin was last. If we get to the 9th name on Foley's list, y'all better hope it's someone who can coach offense as well as Lane Kiffin. Your butthurt will last about 3 games and when we're averaging 50 points a game, you'll be unbutthurt like the rest of us, after 4 years of not being able to throw a freaking forward pass.

Lane Kiffin would do some douchebag thing to embarass us long before his first game. Lane Kiffin is one of the few candidates that we would be better off keeping Muschamp than hiring him.

The fact you even put him on your list does not reflect well on you.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n106876 said:
I don't think any coach on his way to the playoffs is going to leave his school. Plus I'm not high on Patterson. To be a defensive guy his defense sucks balls and they went 5~7 last year

They possibly could do it Meyer style and just finish out the playoffs.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n106875 said:
: maybe it was before Pease. I see now that is a good track record.

Yeah he was before Pease. He was peterson's oc through all the years of bad assness

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
G 2;n106887 said:
Easy tiger, it's just a discussion. Let's move on.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
G 2;n106887 said:
Lane Kiffin would do some douchebag thing to embarass us long before his first game. Lane Kiffin is one of the few candidates that we would be better off keeping Muschamp than hiring him.

Likewise, the fact that you just said you'd rather keep Muschamp than Kiffin reflects very well on you.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n106880 said:
By the way, I'm desperately hitting up every source I have for names. All I've been told is:
"I know it’s a list of 5: young, head coaching experience, SEC knowledge/experience and offense-minded."

That has Sumlin, Franklin, Mullen, Freeze, Malzahn written all over it. And I'd be overjoyed with any of the above.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
oxrageous;n106878 said:
I'm open to the idea of Zook returning, actually. He was given a raw deal.

Zook could definitely recruit talented guys, maybe come back as DC, but I really think next HC is an offensive guy or a coach with a track record of having good offense by virtue of having the right staff.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
GBHOR;n106916 said:
Zook could definitely recruit talented guys, maybe come back as DC, but I really think next HC is an offensive guy or a coach with a track record of having good offense by virtue of having the right staff.

Zook was a terrible DC, but he can work a mop wringer like nobody's business.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n106865 said:
I haven't given UF a dollar since the Alabama game. I listed 9 names, Kiffin was last. If we get to the 9th name on Foley's list, y'all better hope it's someone who can coach offense as well as Lane Kiffin. Your butthurt will last about 3 games and when we're averaging 50 points a game, you'll be unbutthurt like the rest of us, after 4 years of not being able to throw a freaking forward pass.
DC, enlighten me on this idea that Elane is a great offensive coach. Give me some of his past stats please.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n106876 said:
I don't think any coach on his way to the playoffs is going to leave his school. Plus I'm not high on Patterson. To be a defensive guy his defense sucks balls and they went 5~7 last year
But you could hire a good DC.

jereed16

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting thought; Spurrier hires Champ as D coordinator. They appear to have a good relationship, USC defense is hurting, and Champ can really coach D.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
ufgator812;n106922 said:
Zook was a terrible DC, but he can work a mop wringer like nobody's business.

Perhaps, but the talent on that '06 team was impressive. The D line was sick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator