Updated coaching candidates

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxking;n106927 said:
DC, enlighten me on this idea that Elane is a great offensive coach. Give me some of his past stats please.

Are you serious? How about 672 yards against YOUR Florida Gators back in September? That's only the most ever given up by Florida, as in, EVER. How's that stat for ya? And I was present for that embarrassment. They had a WR catch for over 200 yards, a RB who ran for over 100 yards and a QB who threw for 445 yards.

More generally, he's coaching Bama's offense very well right now, 23rd in the country with a head coach we all know to be extremely conservative and very much hands-on. And by all accounts, he's done a tremendous job coaching and developing Blake Sims.

Having said all that, move the hell on from Kiffin. He was my 9th name and listed as a "rising" candidate in my eyes. If anyone here were to list 9 names, we could all rip apart that 9th name for various reasons.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If its someone Foley has really had serious discussions with their agent already my guess is it will end up being Stoops or Rich Rod with maybe Freeze as a small possibility also.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n106960 said:
Are you serious? How about 672 yards against YOUR Florida Gators back in September? That's only the most ever given up by Florida, as in, EVER. How's that stat for ya? And I was present for that embarrassment. They had a WR catch for over 200 yards, a RB who ran for over 100 yards and a QB who threw for 445 yards.

More generally, he's coaching Bama's offense very well right now, 23rd in the country with a head coach we all know to be extremely conservative and very much hands-on. And by all accounts, he's done a tremendous job coaching and developing Blake Sims.

Having said all that, move the hell on from Kiffin. He was my 9th name and listed as a "rising" candidate in my eyes. If anyone here were to list 9 names, we could all rip apart that 9th name for various reasons.
Thanks DC. I was just curious. I do kinda remember that Bama game. It's just difficult for me to give Elane any of the credit but I have to admit that I'm very biased agin em. I'm also sorry you had to be there in person. It was hard enough for me to take on the sofa in front of the big screen.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n106981 said:
If its someone Foley has really had serious discussions with their agent already my guess is it will end up being Stoops or Rich Rod with maybe Freeze as a small possibility also.

I like Stoops, always have. A little concerned about his defenses getting thrashed lately, but I just think he's mentally done in Oklahoma. He comes to Florida for a decade-plus run and gets us back in championship contention annually, winning a few along the way. I also love that he is very much open to high-powered, innovative offenses despite being a defensive guy. Hell, his Oklahoma offenses were pioneers in this spread, hurry-up stuff.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n106987 said:
I like Stoops, always have. A little concerned about his defenses getting thrashed lately, but I just think he's mentally done in Oklahoma. He comes to Florida for a decade-plus run and gets us back in championship contention annually, winning a few along the way. I also love that he is very much open to high-powered, innovative offenses despite being a defensive guy. Hell, his Oklahoma offenses were pioneers in this spread, hurry-up stuff.

About how I see it. I would put him as the most likely candidate with Foley announcing the firing now and with Stoops being burned out like you say at Oklahoma. They are acting like it might be best for a change also because of his long time there.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n106878 said:
I'm open to the idea of Zook returning, actually. He was given a raw deal.

I need you to tell me you're joking. Please.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;n106997 said:

Why? We all know what Zook brings to the table. We also know that those football offices aren't going to clean themselves. It makes good financial sense to bring in Zook.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Ok with many of them. But not OK at all with Kiffin. He may be a good OC but a terrible HC and an asshat to boot.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;n107001 said:
Why? We all know what Zook brings to the table. We also know that those football offices aren't going to clean themselves. It makes good financial sense to bring in Zook.

People need to lay off Zook a little after Muschamp. Zook is back in the NFL helping with ST.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have to say that although afterward I needed a shower to wash the ick off, I was impressed with the way that both the Clowns and Felons played offense last night - at least the first half for the Felons. I enjoy pro-style offenses that can move the ball either way and can use either the ground or the air to set up the other phase. I don't enjoy the spread styles as much. That true freshman QB for scUM looks to have a bright future.

Can we hire an HC to replicate those kinds of offenses? Who would be?

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n107004 said:
People need to lay off Zook a little after Muschamp. Zook is back in the NFL helping with ST.

:snob:

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
OcalaGator83;n106998 said:
Originally posted by Gatorbreath View Post

Muschamp robbed him of his sanity.

Apparently. And his innocence, too.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;n106997 said:
Why? The UF offices need good janitors, and I think he'd really raise the bar there.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Stoops the #1 target. Him coming here, maybe even bringing in Kerwin as his OC would be a good scenario.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator