Updated coaching candidates

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n107251 said:
I think that's highly arguable. Highly. We are thin all over the place.

I think we're in good shape defensively. Everybody back except Fowler, although I could see some surprise early departures from fringe guys like Antonio Morrison and Johnathon Bullard. Even if those two were to leave, I still think we're in decent shape defensively. On offense, I'm taking the approach that we've got absolutely nothing. I guess DRob and Kelvin Taylor are players to build around, and Treon and Grier can be developed, but that's just a small few pieces of what's needed on offense.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n107252 said:
Hell Meyer's current offensive coordinator might be the best one he's ever had. I believe sasquash mentioned him before

Don't underestimate the weakness of his competition. OSU truly plays NOTHING resembling SEC defenses.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n107251 said:
I think that's highly arguable. Highly. We are thin all over the place.

the only place we're thin at is linebacker bro

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
chferg;n107286 said:
We're going to be hurting on the O-Line that's for sure
Not so much in numbers, but certainly in experience.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
After reading all this I think of.. "now we can all come together." Funny.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
and we know how important the O-line is... so rebuilding with optimism here we come.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Hate on me all you want, rich rod has been and will continue to be my top choice.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Hopefully Foley has some pretty good indication that he can get who he's targeting otherwise we are just getting a bunch of coaches raises.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n107308 said:
Hate on me all you want, rich rod has been and will continue to be my top choice.

I'd put Rich Rod on par with Mullen and Freeze. I wouldn't be distraught but I wouldn't be jumping for joy either.

Something just tells me Franklin and Sumlin would kick ass at Florida. Imagine being a recruit or the parents of a recruit in the State of Florida. Jimbob Fisher walks in, reeking of redneck, gives his corrupt, Duck Dynasty pitch, while massaging and spinning questions about lack of institutional control. Then Al Golden walks in, gives his lame duck pitch while dodging questions about UM's average attendance at home games. Then walks in Sumlin or Franklin. A totally different approach, a totally different feel, a totally different look, a totally different message. I like the prospects.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
aka;n107295 said:
After reading all this I think of.. "now we can all come together." Funny.

No doubt...but not everyone will agree with the replacement. Hopefully it's not a head scratcher.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
The Original DC;n107336 said:
I'd put Rich Rod on par with Mullen and Freeze. I wouldn't be distraught but I wouldn't be jumping for joy either.

Something just tells me Franklin and Sumlin would kick ass at Florida. Imagine being a recruit or the parents of a recruit in the State of Florida. Jimbob Fisher walks in, reeking of redneck, gives his corrupt, Duck Dynasty pitch, while massaging and spinning questions about lack of institutional control. Then Al Golden walks in, gives his lame duck pitch while dodging questions about UM's average attendance at home games. Then walks in Sumlin or Franklin. A totally different approach, a totally different feel, a totally different look, a totally different message. I like the prospects.
Rich Rod's system is ideal for florida high school talent. I think the move is much more likely from the program he is currently at. Is he my favorite name out there? No. But I feel he would be a good fit and it would bring some good energy to the fan base once his o started clicking.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n107373 said:
Rich Rod's system is ideal for florida high school talent. I think the move is much more likely from the program he is currently at. Is he my favorite name out there? No. But I feel he would be a good fit and it would bring some good energy to the fan base once his o started clicking.

He would also bring diversity. We'd be showing progress by hiring a Mexican~ American

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Hiring Rich Rod would be the end of defensive football at UF as we know it. Keep that 3-3-5 on the West Coast where it belongs, we don't need those shenanigans over here.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n107404 said:
Hiring Rich Rod would be the end of defensive football at UF as we know it. Keep that 3-3-5 on the West Coast where it belongs, we don't need those shenanigans over here.

I'm going to pistol whip the next guy in here that says shenanigans!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n107320 said:
Hopefully Foley has some pretty good indication that he can get who he's targeting otherwise we are just getting a bunch of coaches raises.
Sorry things didn't work out for you:therethere:

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I would like to see SOS return to where he helped build this program, mike shannahan I also like. But other then those two, bob stoops and Bobby Petrino I like the sounds of. I think stoops just needs a different place to coach and is getting a bit fatigue of ole boomer sooner. Mullen would be a good hire but don't know if he'd bolt from miss state immediately either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator