Urban Speaks: UF did not capitalize on momentum of winning Tennessee game

NovaGator

Dec 10, 2015
UF is not going to pony up the $38 million-or whatever his buyout figure is, and cut Billy loose after a two year run.
Billy will be back in 2024. However, the erosion if the 2024 Recruiting Class isn't helping things. A de-commit
from DJ Lagway would be devastating. I suspect many of the de-commits are being fueled by an uneasiness about his future at UF.
A win in one of these final two games gives the Gators a spot in a bowl game. Win that one and there is hope going into 2024.

Last edited:

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
The last one he picked didn't work out so well.

View attachment 64046
Scared Saturday Night Live GIF by HULU

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
UF is not going to pony up the $38 million-or whatever his buyout figure is, and cut Billy loose after a two year run.

This is logical until it isn't. The buyout is high but the pain of losing continues to build. Where does it end? We're no longer discussing it among ourselves. It's become bigger, much bigger. The embarrassment is now a national story and it's casting oodles of negative light on the program. There's a cost for that, too.

At some point, regardless of circumstances or logic, enough is enough. Think about what could be coming. A loss to Missouri. A blowout to FSU at home. An entire offseason to contemplate the state of the program after something that hasn't happened in my lifetime, three consecutive losing seasons, the last two at the hands of Bungling Billy. More losses to start the 2024 season.

No mas.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Meyer, for all his faults, has an uncanny feel for the moment. He knows when to dip underneath the radar to rehabilitate his image, and he knows when to seize the opportunity to promote himself.

You may call me all wet, but I think that praise for Florida you just listened to was for a purpose. He senses Napier is treading water and he wants people to know he's around. Just in case.
I would love for them to announce a BN firing after the FSU game and the hiring of Meyer the same day.

It wont happen.

james franco dreaming GIF

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
This is logical until it isn't. The buyout is high but the pain of losing continues to build. Where does it end? We're no longer discussing it among ourselves. It's become bigger, much bigger. The embarrassment is now a national story and it's casting oodles of negative light on the program. There's a cost for that, too.

At some point, regardless of circumstances or logic, enough is enough. Think about what could be coming. A loss to Missouri. A blowout to FSU at home. An entire offseason to contemplate the state of the program after something that hasn't happened in my lifetime, three consecutive losing seasons, the last two at the hands of Bungling Billy. More losses to start the 2024 season.

No mas.

Think about what could be coming. A blowout to Missouri. A blowout to FSU at home. FIIFY

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018

No mas.
I would agree that it has value to make a make a move that show The University of Florida will not tolerate ineptitude. The issue for us is, even if our "AD" was determined to make the move, he's the guy that investigates, vets, then hires the next HC. It's kind of like BN, being able to lay the foundation, but unable to actually coach. Squatlin could make the change, but would his next hire be any better? Squat expected to not have to rehire a coach for quite some time and I doubt he's moving in that direction behind the scenes. It's probably more than he can handle. If Foley is advising him, it's even more likely to be a mess keeping BN, or replacinghim.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If Meyer were hired at the end of the season, it's possible Texas and Oklahoma would back out of joining the conference.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Fans here (and i'm not one of them) are like battered wives going back to their beater
Why do you keep bringing up battered wives whenever Urban's name is mentioned?

I'll bet Karl has caused plenty of wives in the state of Florida to live in fear every Saturday during the last 2 seasons ....

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014
I don't... because he loves to own his successes, but not once has owned the schit he left behind anywhere of his last 3 stints.

Thanks for the Natty's, but fuk that guy as a man. He's a fraud in that department.
He didn't leave a disaster. He left a lot of talent at UF and osu. It's not his fault we made 4 bad hires in row. Blame our idiot ADs and admin.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
We are more like drunkard dry wall guys that are tired of patching up the living room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator