We have no team leaders

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
It usually takes some adversity and soul searching to create leadership. If everything is great, why change or try harder, or listen to someone who tells you to do so. We got smacked in the mouth Saturday. Next Saturday will show our true character.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It usually takes some adversity and soul searching to create leadership. If everything is great, why change or try harder, or listen to someone who tells you to do so. We got smacked in the mouth Saturday. Next Saturday will show our true character.

What a ridiculous statement. Bama has had zero adversity and they have leadership galore.

Leaders only come from adversity if there is a complete void in leadership. Do you know where leaders come from? Other leaders.

Coach Mac and his staff are the leaders of this organization. Their job is to create leaders.

There is a famous quote on leadership, "Leaders don't create followers. They create more leaders."

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And speaking of adversity, hasn't this team had massive levels of adversity for the last six years?

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
We had better find some leaders - fast. If the guy on the sidelines doesn't understand that how did he get this job? It's NOT OK, Mac. Getting bent over on national TV by Tennessee after blowing a 21 point lead is NOT OK. Gawd, we have another Fooley hire here.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And speaking of adversity, hasn't this team had massive levels of adversity for the last six years?
Yeah I cringe when I hear the excuse now. I dont even know how sayig adversity is supposed to excuse losing but they think it does.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
I just want to say one thing.

To the fans and everybody in Gator Nation, I'm sorry, extremely sorry.

I promise you one thing, a lot of good will come out of this.

You will never see any player in the entire country play as hard as I will play the rest of the season, and you will never see someone push the rest of the team as hard as I will push everybody the rest of the season, and you will never see a team play harder that we will the rest of the season.

God bless.

This is what's missing from this team.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We don't have leaders, because this team doesn't have character. It has characters, but no real character. When you mistake characters for having character, you get what we had the second half on Saturday. Last year, we had character. We snatch victory from the jaws of defeat on a few occasions (even when the team we were playing wasn't the strongest caliber).

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
I just want to say one thing.

To the fans and everybody in Gator Nation, I'm sorry, extremely sorry.

I promise you one thing, a lot of good will come out of this.

You will never see any player in the entire country play as hard as I will play the rest of the season, and you will never see someone push the rest of the team as hard as I will push everybody the rest of the season, and you will never see a team play harder that we will the rest of the season.

God bless.

This is what's missing from this team.
And when did he say that?

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
2008, and we went on the win the NC. Unfortunately, we don't have anyone like that on this team that I know of.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
2008, and we went on the win the NC. Unfortunately, we don't have anyone like that on this team that I know of.

We don't have anybody with that leadership or that level of skill.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I read that Del Rio said some things in the locker room after the loss. Hopefully he takes this role the rest of the season.

Uncle Rob

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2016
What a ridiculous statement. Bama has had zero adversity and they have leadership galore.

Leaders only come from adversity if there is a complete void in leadership. Do you know where leaders come from? Other leaders.

Coach Mac and his staff are the leaders of this organization. Their job is to create leaders.

There is a famous quote on leadership, "Leaders don't create followers. They create more leaders."
Bama faces Nick Satan every day. They don't need any outside adversary. Nick got his adversary from the Dolphins and has been able to pass it on.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
When was the last time this team had a leader? Tebow and Spikes for the O & D respectively? Really, since then....anyone? VH3 may have led by example and been smart enough to be a defensive leader, but I don't recall accounts of him acting as one. Nobody on this team, for the past many, many years, has stepped up to take that role. And that creates an environment in the program that wanders aimlessly without a leader - there is no leader who graduates, who has given an example of what a leader should and shouldn't do, moreover it doesn't create that vacuum when that player leads such that the team looks at one another and a person says "I will fill that role"....that role isn't there.

The only positive I'd put to the concept is del Rio travelling with the team. He spoke to the team in the locker room as a leader should - did anybody else? And he's not even playing. Even AA's comments from the game indicate he's just holding the QB spot until del Rio comes back - he speaks to competing for the starting job as if it is a set of tasks he can execute as well or better than del Rio, but that is play calling and throwing (executing), not leadership. That speaks volumes to the leadership role he is trying to create and fill, IMO. I'm not saying he is, or isn't, a great leader for the team. I'm just saying he's trying, which is more than anyone else has done to date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator