Not open for further replies.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n39248 said:
If you want to continue to stoke the fire and say it was BS, go for it.
You're very sensitive. I'm only reporting what was told to me. There isn't much of a fire to stoke. I'm just perplexed that people act like we've never played football on a wet field before.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Fishon;n39222 said:
This thread being full of stupid was not surprising. That ox was leading the morons in their parade of stupidity...also not surprising.
:bananawave:

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n39253 said:
You're very sensitive. I'm only reporting what was told to me. There isn't much of a fire to stoke. I'm just perplexed that people act like we've never played football on a wet field before.
I'm not being sensitive here, just reporting facts that I witnessed first hand instead of second hand. I've read some insanely idiotic stuff today. A wet field is one thing, the amount of water that was dumped on Gainesville in a few hours last night is another thing.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n39257 said:
A wet field is one thing, the amount of water that was dumped on Gainesville in a few hours last night is another thing.
We played through far more water in the FSU game in 2009.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
Free Gator;n39121 said:
They look out for the players, not you.
No doubt. From here on out they need to cancel all high school, college, or pro football games that have a wet or snowy field.
So the hell what? Players have played in deep water for 150 years.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Officially: suspended because of unsafe field conditions following heavy rain.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n39260 said:
I think you meant 2008 in Tally. Although I wasn't there for Timmy's last game in The Swamp in 2009, on TV it looked like a beautifully sunny afternoon.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator said:
oxrageous;n39260 said:
I think you meant 2008 in Tally. Although I wasn't there for Timmy's last game in The Swamp in 2009, on TV it looked like a beautifully sunny afternoon.
Yeah, 2008. I guess that field wasn't "unsafe conditions". You could barely see the players.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I can't even say this board has gone full retard, it's been full retard for a while. What's happening here is double secret full retard.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Based on what I saw there was more water on the field for that first play then during the 2008 game in Tally. I definitely could see how it was unsafe for the players and with the amount of rain that occurred there was no reason to think the field would have improved enough by midnight to ensure safety. The other thing to think about is that the field would have taken a beating from playing a game with that much water on it. They may not have been able to get the field ready for the next two home games.

Believe it or not.. grass does not just take to having a ton of water poured on it then people in spikes ripping it up.

The bottom line is that the correct decision was made here.. I get that people are disappointed... we all wanted the game and from what I hear the players were also really ready to go, but it wasn't mean to be, so we'll wait one more week and everything will be fine.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator said:
Based on what I saw there was more water on the field for that first play then during the 2008 game in Tally. I definitely could see how it was unsafe for the players and with the amount of rain that occurred there was no reason to think the field would have improved enough by midnight to ensure safety. The other thing to think about is that the field would have taken a beating from playing a game with that much water on it. They may not have been able to get the field ready for the next two home games.

Believe it or not.. grass does not just take to having a ton of water poured on it then people in spikes ripping it up.

The bottom line is that the correct decision was made here.. I get that people are disappointed... we all wanted the game and from what I hear the players were also really ready to go, but it wasn't mean to be, so we'll wait one more week and everything will be fine.
Not to mention it was still raining hard not long before midnight.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
Well at least we got this great highlight video out of it! (NSFW language)

[video=youtube;0qcVWM6CIe8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0qcVWM6CIe8[/video]
The field didn't look that bad, certainly nothing like the field when Tebow creamed the Criminoles.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So what's going on in here? Oh.... :backout:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.