Not open for further replies.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mudd;n39090 said:
I agree that it was the right call not to play the game, but man I feel like someone stole something from me and there is no way to get it back. I can't wait til next Saturday.......again.:weep:

Thats a good way to put it.

Free Gator

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
My lord. Crap happens. They look out for the players, not you. Move on. It's rare but it happened.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
And another positive to take from last night is we didn't lose our opener

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Free Gator;n39121 said:
They look out for the players, not you.
No doubt. From here on out they need to cancel all high school, college, or pro football games that have a wet or snowy field.

particularg8r

Aug 6, 2014
ppinesgator said:
Anyone that thinks the game should have been resumed is sadly mistaken. The rain alone made the field a mess and the lightning was relentless.

I had the best seats I ever had in my life, drove 5 hours there and back and wanted the 2013 monkey off my back as much as anyone else. But there was no way that game should have been resumed.
Great post. Wet is one thing, standing water is quite another (as I found out in a soccer game once). Plus, playing on it would have torn up the field to classic Citrus Bowl levels that would not have recovered for the next two games.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wasn't there, don't know the rules and don't feel like arguing over something I have no control of.

It sucks but it is what it is. Feel kinda hollow but will survive and root for the Good Guys next Saturday!

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
After all that whining about holding a night game for the home opener... :sadnanner: Totally bummed, but hopefully eastern meat chicken and kensucky will allow us to fine tune our offense.

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
Free Gator;n39121 said:
They look out for the players, not you.
No doubt. From here on out they need to cancel all high school, college, or pro football games that have a wet or snowy field.
There is dew-on-the-grass wet and there's inches-of-standing-water wet. Look a Showers create a wake when he got tackled. Then double the amount of water.

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
I felt the worse for Lito Shepard. He was dressed up to be Mr Two Bits but had to just stand around after the game preview got canceled.:headslap:

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This thread being full of stupid was not surprising. That ox was leading the morons in their parade of stupidity...also not surprising. Sasquatch was right, it was still storming around 11:30/11:45 in gainesville. It just wasn't going to happen

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Fishon;n39222 said:
This thread being full of stupid was not surprising. That ox was leading the morons in their parade of stupidity...also not surprising. Sasquatch was right, it was still storming around 11:30/11:45 in gainesville. It just wasn't going to happen

I'm pretty sure every person that was actually there in the stadium or Gainesville for any part of last night knows this as a fact. Shocked that people are bitching this much.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You have to love humans calling people voicing frustration and disappointment as stupid. It's all about getting a year of bad luck behind us, and it was delayed once again. ;)

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorStud;n39239 said:
You have to love humans calling people voicing frustration and disappointment as stupid. It's all about getting a year of bad luck behind us, and it was delayed once again. ;)
I get frustration. What I don't get are some of the comments from people bitching that it was cancelled that weren't even there to see how bad it actually was. It wasn't just a rain shower that stopped them from playing.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I have a very close friend that was there that I talked to throughout the night (and this morning), and he says it wasn't that bad at all when the game was called at 10:45. In fact, he said he was amazed how good the field looked after that much rain. According to the announcers, they had until midnight to resume the game, but it was called 1:15 short of that.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n39247 said:
I have a very close friend that was there that I talked to throughout the night (and this morning), and he says it wasn't that bad at all when the game was called at 10:45. In fact, he said he was amazed how good the field looked after that much rain. According to the announcers, they had until midnight to resume the game, but it was called 1:15 short of that.
And I was in Gainesville less than 5 miles from the stadium and saw close lightning strikes and insane downpours at 11:30 PM. At 10:45 it might not have been raining much, but I guarantee the radar looked pretty bad because guess what...it started raining again!

If you want to continue to stoke the fire and say it was BS, go for it. But fact is, the conditions were miserable and safety was an absolute concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator