Not open for further replies.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Slevin;n38991 said:
Really feels like we lost the game. There's just a huge emptiness today.

Yeah, I woke up... Sunday and laid there with the exact same feeling.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
On the bright side, we won the time of possession battle.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68 said:
Remember Percy's severe groin at Joke Campbell in the monsoon? It was the correct decision, even if we don't like it.
I saw the replay several times? We had 3 or 4 injuries in that game due to water on the field.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I was there until the bitter end. I think it came down to the rules, already stated, plus injury risk and maybe Idaho's travel plans. I wanted to see a game, my first one in years, but I understand. It was a great atmosphere despite everything. Oh, and wet co-eds. Lots of them.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68 said:
Remember Percy's severe groin at Joke Campbell in the monsoon? It was the correct decision, even if we don't like it.
Percy sprained his ankle, but yeah, I'm thinking the field conditions had something to do with it that day. The difference is, the FSU game was only rain, this was rain AND lightning.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Lightning is lightning, but a lot of people are implying people could have gotten hurt because the field is wet. Football has been played in storms and on wet, snowy, and icy fields since it was invented 150 years ago. It's part of the lure of the game. Should we add that to the list of things that should be outlawed as well? Football can be like baseball, where you have a tarp crew quickly cover the field when it rains. After all, we can't have people getting hurt playing football!

:facepalm:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n39061 said:
Lightning is lightning, but a lot of people are implying people could have gotten hurt because the field is wet. Football has been played in storms and on wet, snowy, and icy fields since it was invented 150 years ago. It's part of the lure of the game. Should we add that to the list of things that should be outlawed as well? Football can be like baseball, where you have a tarp crew quickly cover the field when it rains. After all, we can't have people getting hurt playing football!

:facepalm:

You know they were also taking into account the field getting obliterated in week 1. Especially with two home games coming up the next two weeks. That field would be nothing but dirt by the Kentucky game.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n39061 said:
Lightning is lightning, but a lot of people are implying people could have gotten hurt because the field is wet. Football has been played in storms and on wet, snowy, and icy fields since it was invented 150 years ago. It's part of the lure of the game. Should we add that to the list of things that should be outlawed as well? Football can be like baseball, where you have a tarp crew quickly cover the field when it rains. After all, we can't have people getting hurt playing football! :facepalm:
So, you're saying a slick field has no effect on injuries? What is that orange stuff below your screen name?

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
aka said:
I was there until the bitter end. I think it came down to the rules, already stated, plus injury risk and maybe Idaho's travel plans. I wanted to see a game, my first one in years, but I understand. It was a great atmosphere despite everything. Oh, and wet co-eds. Lots of them.
More pics please

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68 said:
oxrageous;n39061 said:
Lightning is lightning, but a lot of people are implying people could have gotten hurt because the field is wet. Football has been played in storms and on wet, snowy, and icy fields since it was invented 150 years ago. It's part of the lure of the game. Should we add that to the list of things that should be outlawed as well? Football can be like baseball, where you have a tarp crew quickly cover the field when it rains. After all, we can't have people getting hurt playing football! :facepalm:
So, you're saying a slick field has no effect on injuries? What is that orange stuff below your screen name?
I never said it had no effect. I said THAT'S FOOTBALL. You play in the conditions, and sometimes people get hurt. If you can't accept that then don't play.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I hope everybody who complained about noon games is happy now.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68 said:
oxrageous;n39061 said:
And the orange bars??

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Look at it this way. The Gators are still undefeated. May you have a perfect record when you enter Junior n Lulu country.

October 4, 2014. The clock is ticking............

ppinesgator

Founding Member
aka "Biggums"
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone that thinks the game should have been resumed is sadly mistaken. The rain alone made the field a mess and the lightning was relentless.

I had the best seats I ever had in my life, drove 5 hours there and back and wanted the 2013 monkey off my back as much as anyone else. But there was no way that game should have been resumed.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
aka said:
How dare you mention wet coeds and not provide the proof! :headshake:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68 said:
oxrageous;n39061 said:
A secret.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
I agree that it was the right call not to play the game, but man I feel like someone stole something from me and there is no way to get it back. I can't wait til next Saturday.......again.:weep:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.