Wednesday Worsts....Dog Breed

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone ever adopt a retired greyhound? We fostered one before we got the lab, so probably 12-13 years ago. Very interesting experience.
About 30 years ago, my tree hugging cousin “rescued” a greyhound. She lived in a restored home in Springfield. I remember her bringing it home and taking it off the leash in the front yard. That thing took off like a bat out of hell! EventualIy disappeared in the distance.
I bet it’s still running today! :lol:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
About 30 years ago, my tree hugging cousin “rescued” a greyhound. She lived in a restored home in Springfield. I remember her bringing it home and taking it off the leash in the front yard. That thing took off like a bat out of hell! EventualIy disappeared in the distance.
I bet it’s still running today! :lol:

That’s awesome. I’ve always like greyhounds but kind of envisioned that very scenario. We fostered a Great Dane and he was great, but I was constantly concerned with him doing some similar.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Anyone ever adopt a retired greyhound? We fostered one before we got the lab, so probably 12-13 years ago. Very interesting experience.
A good friend of mine’s parents adopted one. Fortunately they had a large fenced in back yards. They’d let her out in the yard and she would run in big circles around the perimeter. She was a sweet dog once she got her run in. Neurotic as hell if she didn’t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator