Wednesday Worsts....Dog Breed

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
I am a fan of larger dogs. I can't fathom having a yapper. I have had Dalmatians, Greyhounds, Labs and now a Great Dane (holy **** - he is stupid huge!).

I have no use for, nor want any of my family around pit bulls (or their mixes). I get they can be great dogs and I get they were a once proud breed, but most of the blood lines now were bred for fighting and their instincts are not good. It is a risk I am not willing to take (he was a great dog...right up until he killed my daughter!). Turns out good owners have also had them turn on them or their families. Not willing to blame the dog - but the folks that have bred them have not done so responsibly for many years in the past and it isn't something I would risk with my family.

1000001032.jpg

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
I am a fan of larger dogs. I can't fathom having a yapper. I have had Dalmatians, Greyhounds, Labs and now a Great Dane (holy **** - he is stupid huge!).

I have no use for, nor want any of my family around pit bulls (or their mixes). I get they can be great dogs and I get they were a once proud breed, but most of the blood lines now were bred for fighting and their instincts are not good. It is a risk I am not willing to take (he was a great dog...right up until he killed my daughter!). Turns out good owners have also had them turn on them or their families. Not willing to blame the dog - but the folks that have bred them have not done so responsibly for many years in the past and it isn't something I would risk with my family.

View attachment 67732

My ex-neighbors Dalmatian bit more people in 5 years than all 3 of my pit bulls over 15 years; 21 -0. Its how they are raised. that counts.

Most any big dog, certainly a Great Dane can do similar damage.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
My ex-neighbors Dalmatian bit more people in 5 years than all 3 of my pit bulls over 15 years; 21 -0. Its how they are raised. that counts.

Most any big dog, certainly a Great Dane can do similar damage.
Your anecdote doesn't replace the statistics.

I agree - the owner makes a huge difference...right up until it doesn't.

Can you go ahead and send me the link to the story where the Dalmatian turned on its owner or killed it's owner's kids? I will hang up and listen!

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
Your anecdote doesn't replace the statistics.

I agree - the owner makes a huge difference...right up until it doesn't.

Can you go ahead and send me the link to the story where the Dalmatian turned on its owner or killed it's owner's kids? I will hang up and listen!

My "anecdotes" span 20+ years and 3 different pits. I am very comfortable with my choices in dogs.
You don't like pits? Don't get one. See how easy that is?

What other idiot owners do with their dogs has no bearing or me and our dogs. My statistics are pretty clear; 3 pits, over 20+ years, ZERO bites.

Your Great Dane can do as much or more damage than my pit bull. So can my Rot. So can a Doberman, or German Sheppard or plenty of other large dog breds.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
The worst dog in the world is still better than a cat.
preach.gif

200.gif

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
My "anecdotes" span 20+ years and 3 different pits. I am very comfortable with my choices in dogs.
You don't like pits? Don't get one. See how easy that is?

What other idiot owners do with their dogs has no bearing or me and our dogs. My statistics are pretty clear; 3 pits, over 20+ years, ZERO bites.

Your Great Dane can do as much or more damage than my pit bull. So can my Rot. So can a Doberman, or German Sheppard or plenty of other large dog breds.
I believe my original post was clear...I don't care who owns them and I am happy for anyone who loves their dog. I am just not willing to risk having a pit bull around my family or other pets. If you want to, great on you and I am VERY happy they have been great dogs for you.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
I believe my original post was clear...I don't care who owns them and I am happy for anyone who loves their dog. I am just not willing to risk having a pit bull around my family or other pets. If you want to, great on you and I am VERY happy they have been great dogs for you.

Its all good Altitude. :fistbump:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020

View attachment 67732
Beautiful Great Dane and the chocolate lab looks like a good boi.
However I want to know what the golden retriever by the wall did to get stuffed. Bite someone? :lol:

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Beautiful Great Dane and the chocolate lab looks like a good boi.
However I want to know what the golden retriever by the wall did to get stuffed. Bite someone? :lol:
The almost 12 year old chocolate is a great GIRL! She is my sweetie - the best dog I have ever had, frankly.

The golden was a mascot for the company I used to work for - Golden Dog Title & Trust (offices in Jacksonville area and Orlando). Those full-sized stuffed animals were our raffle give aways at real estate broker and agent events. I may have stolen this one!

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
The almost 12 year old chocolate is a great GIRL! She is my sweetie - the best dog I have ever had, frankly.

The golden was a mascot for the company I used to work for - Golden Dog Title & Trust (offices in Jacksonville area and Orlando). Those full-sized stuffed animals were our raffle give aways at real estate broker and agent events. I may have stolen this one!
Golden Dog Title just handled the closing on my Dad's investment property!!! And they screwed up the deed. Then they refused to correct it, so I had to hunt down the sellers and get them to sign a Corrective Deed that I drafted.

That place really went to hell after you left. :lol:

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If the worst dog is a cat, then how about a Global Climate Change friendly "vegan cat"???
:lmao2: :rotfl: :lmao2:

That's right boys and girls, Greta Thunberg is coming for your pets next...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2024/02/20/rabbits-eco-friendly-pets/

Cats and dogs have an outsize carbon footprint, mostly because of their carnivorous diet. If the pet food industry, which mainly feeds dogs and cats, were a country, it would rank as the 60th-highest greenhouse gas emitter, equivalent to the Philippines.

Rabbits, by contrast, leave a minimal pawprint. They eat small amounts of hay and otherwise discarded vegetables. Their waste can be used as fertilizer in gardens.

“It’s like having a vegan cat,” says Anna Reynoso, the manager at a shelter run by the House Rabbit Society in Richmond, Calif.

But it’s their diet that gives them an environmental edge over cats or dogs. They eat mostly hay, which makes up about 80 percent of their diet, alongside a few vegetables and leafy greens. And the parts of vegetables humans don’t eat from carrot tops to cilantro stems? Bunny favorites.
In contrast, most cat and dog kibble is roughly 50 percent animal protein, accounting for around 1.5 percent of global agricultural emissions, according to a 2020 study in Global Environmental Change.

That’s expected to rise. More middle-class families are bringing dogs and cats into their homes, as well as buying “premium” pet foods using human-grade meat instead of by-products, with two to three times the emissions of market-leading pet foods.

Imagine for a moment, our own @cover2 takes his beloved shotgun and his grandson out duck hunting. Classic young man coming of age bonding time, amirite? Early in the morning, it's cold and misty. You can smell the dark earth. It's silent except the grandson's soft breathing. The ducks fly! Cover swings his beloved shotgun up and fires! He hits! He signals his grandson to release...his lop-eared bunny named Thumper...to retrieve the duck.
:lmao2:

They're coming for your F-150, your 74 degree A/C, your guns, your pool, your Big Mac, your dog Spot, your cat Boots, and their kibble and treats too.

As my friend @Zambo is wont to say..."What a time to be alive!"

Alex.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Golden Dog Title just handled the closing on my Dad's investment property!!! And they screwed up the deed. Then they refused to correct it, so I had to hunt down the sellers and get them to sign a Corrective Deed that I drafted.

That place really went to hell after you left. :lol:
If it was the Orlando operation - it was always a **** show!

Did he at least get the cool little stuffed dog as a closing gift?

EDIT (addition): I had the Orlando operation handle two of my own investment property sales - and they screwed them both up as well. I actually had to talk my agent into using them the second time...and after that, she said she wouldn't list any more of my properties if I insisted upon using them.

My current company is planning to expand to Florida (Orlando market specifically). I hope to be involved - and will absolutely insist upon customer service as a hallmark of the unit.

Last edited:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
If the worst dog is a cat, then how about a Global Climate Change friendly "vegan cat"???
:lmao2: :rotfl: :lmao2:

That's right boys and girls, Greta Thunberg is coming for your pets next...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2024/02/20/rabbits-eco-friendly-pets/

Imagine for a moment, our own @cover2 takes his beloved shotgun and his grandson out duck hunting. Classic young man coming of age bonding time, amirite? Early in the morning, it's cold and misty. You can smell the dark earth. It's silent except the grandson's soft breathing. The ducks fly! Cover swings his beloved shotgun up and fires! He hits! He signals his grandson to release...his lop-eared bunny named Thumper...to retrieve the duck.
:lmao2:

They're coming for your F-150, your 74 degree A/C, your guns, your pool, your Big Mac, your dog Spot, your cat Boots, and their kibble and treats too.

As my friend @Zambo is wont to say..."What a time to be alive!"

Alex.
I can decide which would be @cover2 ‘s choice: The obvious, a Remington 870, or does he go exotic with a Belgian made Browning or perhaps a Benelli 828? Inquiring minds want to know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator