Wednesday Worsts...Snack Food

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Christmas Eve - we are doing all appetizers and desserts this year for 50+ people.
We'd love for you to join us. Just don't mention it to Brad, Sofla or Layla. :lol:
Can you bring the caramel milk chocolate?

I am sure it’s terrific…. just not 1 hour after the heat source has been turned off

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am slightly ashamed to admit….. but I also grew up with a Miracle Whip childhood. I still think it’s the best way to eat the day-after-Thanksgiving toasted white bread and turkey sandwich.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
@soflagator cauliflower is actually the perfect flavorless, low-carb vessel IF you have quality dips to dunk that shyt in.

My vote goes to Chex Mix.

Cauliflower isn’t actually that bad. It’s just the last of the vegetables to go(next to the tomatoes, which have absolutely no place at a party anyway).

Good call on Chex mix. Any time I see those bowls of it at bars, I can’t help but wonder what lunatics are eating that. Disgusting.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
No one has... :barfaway:

Look, we all like you here, so I’ll say this politely. I don’t know what type of parties you’ve attended that had Cheezits and Goldfish, or why the host of said parties had Sears cater the whole thing, but that’s irrelevant. Please don’t insult guacamole ever again.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Cauliflower isn’t actually that bad. It’s just the last of the vegetables to go(next to the tomatoes, which have absolutely no place at a party anyway).

Good call on Chex mix. Any time I see those bowls of it at bars, I can’t help but wonder what lunatics are eating that. Disgusting.
The pre made Chex mix stuff in the bags is pretty awful. I make a version that’s lovingly referred to as “crack” by the extended family. Of course there’s a pound of butter in it, and plenty of garlic and other seasoning, so…..

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
So the party from hell would seem to look like:

Beanie weenie overheated in a crock with crusties on the side wall
Any warmed over dip with a dried out layer of cheese on top, cauliflower and tomatoes for dipping purposes
Bowl of Chex mix, goldfish and cheezits
Fruit salad, especially grapes, in a mayo dressing (is this a thing?)
Guacamole with more cauliflower for dipping

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Look, we all like you here, so I’ll say this politely. I don’t know what type of parties you’ve attended that had Cheezits and Goldfish, or why the host of said parties had Sears cater the whole thing, but that’s irrelevant. Please don’t insult guacamole ever again.
:headslap:Says the guy who thinks tomatoes are vegetables...:crazy: :hahaha:

Oh, just so you know, you are the only GC member to ever admit to "liking" me so you will probably now get booted from the community... but hey, thanks for saying what no one else ever has... :fistbump:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
:headslap:Says the guy who thinks tomatoes are vegetables...:crazy: :hahaha:

Oh, just so you know, you are the only GC member to ever admit to "liking" me so you will probably now get booted from the community... but hey, thanks for saying what no one else ever has... :fistbump:

1670512192328.gif

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The pre made Chex mix stuff in the bags is pretty awful. I make a version that’s lovingly referred to as “crack” by the extended family. Of course there’s a pound of butter in it, and plenty of garlic and other seasoning, so…..
Amen. My wife makes a batch during the holidays that has the different Chex cereals, pecans, peanuts, pretzel sticks, Cheezits, Cheerios, butter, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and season salt. Makes in a big aluminum pan in the oven, taking it out periodically to stir and dry. We call it “Trash” and my Aunt Snooks who used to make it for family every Christmas called it “Nuts and Bolts.” It’s definitely addictive as you suggest! Goes great with cold beer, sodas, Christmas punch, etc.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Amen. My wife makes a batch during the holidays that has the different Chex cereals, pecans, peanuts, pretzel sticks, Cheezits, Cheerios, butter, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and season salt. Makes in a big aluminum pan in the oven, taking it out periodically to stir and dry. We call it “Trash” and my Aunt Snooks who used to make it for family every Christmas called it “Nuts and Bolts.” It’s definitely addictive as you suggest! Goes great with cold beer, sodas, Christmas punch, etc.
Aunt Snooks, huh? ... was she hot?

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Aunt Snooks, huh? ... was she hot?
Well, she was my granddaddy’s older sister…but I have seen a photo of her in her early twenties and she was nice looking. The key factor was that she was the best damn cook in Gadsden county. She ran the lunchroom at one of the elementary schools and everything they served was better than what I had at home. She would be what a man my age would be looking for if he were single/widowed.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Well, she was my granddaddy’s older sister…but I have seen a photo of her in her early twenties and she was nice looking. The key factor was that she was the best damn cook in Gadsden county. She ran the lunchroom at one of the elementary schools and everything they served was better than what I had at home. She would be what a man my age would be looking for if he were single/widowed.
A simple "no" would've sufficed. :lol:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Nuts and bolts was what we called it as kids, which was my mom called it. Ours too has Worcestershire, so I suspect they are derivatives of the same recipe.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So the party from hell would seem to look like:

Beanie weenie overheated in a crock with crusties on the side wall
Any warmed over dip with a dried out layer of cheese on top, cauliflower and tomatoes for dipping purposes
Bowl of Chex mix, goldfish and cheezits
Fruit salad, especially grapes, in a mayo dressing (is this a thing?)
Guacamole with more cauliflower for dipping

I could only imagine the drink selection that would accompany this party.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I could only imagine the drink selection that would accompany this party.
@CDGator went full middle school with her “suicide” option, but I think the adult beverages for the lineup mentioned would likely be room temperature Old Milwaukee and Crème Soda for the t-totalers. I could also see everyone smoking Salem Lights and ash trays overrun on all of the tables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.