Wednesday Worsts...Snack Food

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
@CDGator went full middle school with her “suicide” option, but I think the adult beverages for the lineup mentioned would likely be room temperature Old Milwaukee and Crème Soda for the t-totalers. I could also see everyone smoking Salem Lights and ash trays overrun on all of the tables.
That’s what the cool kids did at Skate Inn East on Capitol Circle! My friend and I tried that out once in her parent’s liquor cabinet. You wouldn’t want them to notice too much is missing so you mix them all. To this day I still can’t drink or stand the smell of bourbon. Wish I’d known back then that I’d be living in bourbon country. :facepalm:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That’s what the cool kids did at Skate Inn East on Capitol Circle! My friend and I tried that out once in her parent’s liquor cabinet. You wouldn’t want them to notice too much is missing so you mix them all. To this day I still can’t drink or stand the smell of bourbon. Wish I’d known back then that I’d be living in bourbon country. :facepalm:
I do remember the “suicides” at the multi-dispensers. I was a Coca-Cola guy and wouldn’t dare mix it with Sprite, Fanta Orange, Diet Coke, Root Beer, and whatever the other options were. As I aged, I wasn’t a big bourbon or blend fan and stuck mostly to cold beer. These days, about as wild as I get is a little Captain Morgan and Dr. Pepper. I’ve got an old buddy from high school days that’s tried to get me to go on one of the Bourbon Trails with him. I always pass but would gladly go on a barbecue trail.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Rookie mistake. You just had to go clear(vodka, gin, rum, tequila) and then add back water to offset. During much of my teen years, my parents’ friends that would come over usually needed at least a 3rd or 4th cocktail to feel anything.

Still got really sick though once trying to make a Mudslide one time. I’ve thrown up and made up with every spirit out there. But to this day, Kahlua and I require a DMZ. Also found an old bottle of Canadian Mist in the back of the closet once, so like you, was out on any whiskey for years after that monstrosity.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Rookie mistake. You just had to go clear(vodka, gin, rum, tequila) and then add back water to offset. During much of my teen years, my parents’ friends that would come over usually needed at least a 3rd or 4th cocktail to feel anything.

Still got really sick though once trying to make a Mudslide one time. I’ve thrown up and made up with every spirit out there. But to this day, Kahlua and I require a DMZ. Also found an old bottle of Canadian Mist in the back of the closet once, so like you, was out on any whiskey for years after that monstrosity.
Canadian Mist / pas bon

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Canadian Mist / pas bon

Information that might’ve proven useful about 30 years ago. It’s location at the back and the dust all over the previously opened bottle probably should’ve been an indicator of what I was getting into. But not for 12-13 year old me. Charged ahead and blew the dust and cobwebs off of it like I was a Goony.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Information that might’ve proven useful about 30 years ago. It’s location at the back and the dust all over the previously opened bottle probably should’ve been an indicator of what I was getting into. But not for 12-13 year old me. Charged ahead and blew the dust and cobwebs off of it like I was a Goony.
A lesser man would’ve gotten hooked and still be swillin’ that vile concoction known fondly in the panhandle as Canadian Piss.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Christmas Eve - we are doing all appetizers and desserts this year for 50+ people.
We'd love for you to join us. Just don't mention it to Brad, Sofla or Layla. :lol:
Can you bring the caramel milk chocolate?
So you are not inviting young folks. Of course from my perspective, 50+ includes very young folks. But I may be there.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I didn't even try it until 10 years ago and now I'm hooked. But I put seasoning in my guac, dollop of sour cream and salsa.
Avocado toast in a whole 'nurther story.
Add bacon crumbles too. I will try the sour cream idea.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I just want to know why you folks are down on cauliflower. It is perfectly good covered with dip made of Hellman's, sour cream and Beau Monde seasoning.
I'll actually admit to finding raw cauliflower with a good dip "acceptable" (I love raw vegetables in general)... as for cooked cauliflower, it's ****e unless covered in cheese!

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'll actually admit to finding raw cauliflower with a good dip "acceptable" (I love raw vegetables in general)... as for cooked cauliflower, it's ****e unless covered in cheese!

Not even certain then. Wife went through a little health kick a few years ago. Tried damn near everything with a cauliflower substitute. Fried rice, except it was chopped cauliflower. Pizza dough, except it was ground. Etc, etc. It was ALL absolutely dreadful.

Last edited:

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Dill Pickle Reeces.JPG

drop-the-mic-mic-drop.gif

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015
I just want to know why you folks are down on cauliflower. It is perfectly good covered with dip made of Hellman's, sour cream and Beau Monde seasoning.
There are two very good ways to cook cauliflower.
1. Deep fried with batter, and even without batter. Crispy good!
2. There is a recipe for oven baking it that when done correctly taste almost like popcorn.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Not even certain then. Wife went through a little health kick a few years ago. Tried damn near everything with a cauliflower substitute. Fried rice, except it was chopped cauliflower. Pizza dough, except it was ground. Etc, etc. It was ALL absolutely dreadful.

They make cauliflower gnocchi as well. I don’t think I need to get into what should happen to these nut jobs that invented that, but it’s not good.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I am slightly ashamed to admit….. but I also grew up with a Miracle Whip childhood. I still think it’s the best way to eat the day-after-Thanksgiving toasted white bread and turkey sandwich.

Next year, give this a shot:

Good bread (not toasted), dressed with good quality room-temperature butter (not mayo), leftover turkey, salt and lots of pepper.

That’s it. Nothing else. That’s the whole recipe.

Just try it.

Alex.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Next year, give this a shot:

Good bread (not toasted), dressed with good quality room-temperature butter (not mayo), leftover turkey, salt and lots of pepper.

That’s it. Nothing else. That’s the whole recipe.

Just try it.

Alex.

No

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator