Not open for further replies.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;n223260 said:
:lol: No, but it's about as original as any joke about Uranus can be. I'm glad someone is getting as much amusement out of reading it as I am writing it.

Who the hell was in charge of naming Uranus?

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68;n223416 said:
Who the hell was in charge of naming Uranus?

Uranus was named after the Greek sky deity Ouranos, the earliest of the lords of the heavens. It is the only planet to be named after a Greek god rather than a Roman one. Before the name was settled on, many names had been proposed for the new planet, including Hypercronius ("above Saturn"), Minerva (the Roman goddess of wisdom), and Herschel, after its discoverer. To flatter King George III of England, Herschel himself offered Georgium Sidus ("The Georgian Planet") as a name, but that idea was unpopular outside of England and George's native Hanover. German astronomer Johann Bode, who detailed Uranus' orbit, gave the planet its ultimate name.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Good thing they didn't name it Herschel. Georgia fans would have ran with that.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n223411 said:
I've never watched an episode of star trek

72499-minion-WHAT-gif-Imgur-02n6.gif

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n223186 said:
That's his senior highlight tape. It's hard to tell because most of his highlights are in transition. With all the guards on this staff I could definitely seem them molding him into a very good perimeter player but I haven't seen enough to know if he can be a secondary ball handler on the court.

Similar skill set as Robinson, from what I see. However, Stone already weighs 20 pounds more. He won't be playing the 2, but he should be able get some PT in this coming year. We really, really, really, really need Allen to stick.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n223519 said:
I seen these movies they just came out with, does that get me any points?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n223535 said:
Similar skill set as Robinson, from what I see. However, Stone already weighs 20 pounds more. He won't be playing the 2, but he should be able get some PT in this coming year. We really, really, really, really need Allen to stick.
I don't think he weighs as much as he's listed and he doesn't look bigger than Robinson weight wise ,though I agree with you that he's simular to Robinson.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n223304 said:
For those interested, White is bringing 2 of his assistants and director of basketball operations. His associate HC at LA Tech is in the running to replace him there. Both guys are 28 and former point guards. So three of our new coaches are former PGs. Hopefully he adds someone who can coach our big guys.

http://www.gatorzone.com/harry/blog/1987

Great so we'll continue to recruit a bunch of small guards and not be able to coach the Bigs.

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I've seen conflicting info on Stone. Every site has him at 6'7, but weight is 215 or 240. That's a huge difference. In his highlights he doesn't look 240. Pat Young was 240 I think.

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
NVGator;n223650 said:
Great so we'll continue to recruit a bunch of small guards and not be able to coach the Bigs.

Mincy was a smaller PG at 5'10, but Nichols was big At 6'3. And Speedy Smith that PG at LA Tech is 6'3. But we'll see what they recruit.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n223654 said:
I've seen conflicting info on Stone. Every site has him at 6'7, but weight is 215 or 240. That's a huge difference. In his highlights he doesn't look 240. Pat Young was 240 I think.
He's definitely215 or lower

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@theJFord: According to sources, former #LATech assistant coach and head coach candidate @CoachDustyMay has accepted a position at #Florida.

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I wonder what happens with Pelphrey. Anyone know if he's going to OKC. Billy's other assistant , Burno, is going to Nebraska.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n223673 said:
I wonder what happens with Pelphrey. Anyone know if he's going to OKC. Billy's other assistant , Burno, is going to Nebraska.
I hope he lands somewhere good. I thought it was kinda sad he was cleaning out his office the day white was announced. He put in alot of work here. The good news for him is , he's a millionaire

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
If Billy doesn't take Pelph as a cosch then maybe he'll find another spot for Pelphrey on his staff in a high ranking position.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
I said all along I think BD takes Pelphrey and Grant.

It just makes sense to bring with you the guys that helped you get there.

It's a reward of sorts but also, I think BD truly trusts these guys and he's in a new world now. Having trustworthy people around you just makes sense.

MidwestChomp

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Good post Jand3k. If Thibodeau gets the ax from Chicago and Hoiberg takes over, perhaps Pelphrey or Grant would consider the Iowa State job? But, you're right. Billy will want guys he trusts.

Any definitive news on Allen anyone?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n223747 said:
Good post Jand3k. If Thibodeau gets the ax from Chicago and Hoiberg takes over, perhaps Pelphrey or Grant would consider the Iowa State job? But, you're right. Billy will want guys he trusts.

Any definitive news on Allen anyone?
I seen on twitter there might have been a death in the family and his decision may be pushed back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator